New PC screens

Two new PC screens (new to me anyway).

In this picture you can see friendlies in non-Advanced Warfighter attire and the "loyalists" icon in the command menu, possibly indicating that the Ghosts will work with loyal Mexican forces against the rebels. Edit: Sleepdoc pointed out the bright blue colum which may indicate a "move to" point, as seen in GRAW2 360.

Perhaps more interesting is this picture which shows the new ACU (uniform). Note that while Mitchell is holding a SCAR rifle, the weapons icon shows the new Beretta Storm rifle, probably because the pic was taken from a beta. Also note that the "picture-in-picture-from-helmet-cam" does not have full 3D vision but something akin to GRAW1 wireframes. But perhaps most intersting, the Ghost on the left is holding what appear to be a camouflaged M14 marksman rifle (or some other M14 derivative).

Respectfully

krise madsen

Edited by krise madsen

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this picture you can see the new unsupressed MP5 submachinegun and a new aiming reticule. Note also the friendlies in non-Advanced Warfighter attire and the "loyalists" icon in the command menu, possibly indicating that the Ghosts will work with loyal Mexican forces against the rebels.

Perhaps more interesting is this picture which shows the new ACU (uniform). Note that while Mitchell is holding a SCAR rifle, the weapons icon shows the new Beretta Storm rifle, probably because the pic was taken from a beta. Also note that the "picture-in-picture-from-helmet-cam" does not have full 3D vision but something akin to GRAW1 wireframes. But perhaps most intersting, the Ghost on the left is holding what appear to be a camouflaged M14 marksman rifle.

Respectfully

krise madsen

first pic is a MP5SD (i.e silenced). You can tell by the handguard and....well, the silencer. Second pic is interesting. It's either a M14 or M21 or something like it (me likes)

In this picture you can see the new unsupressed MP5 submachinegun and a new aiming reticule. Note also the friendlies in non-Advanced Warfighter attire and the "loyalists" icon in the command menu, possibly indicating that the Ghosts will work with loyal Mexican forces against the rebels.

Perhaps more interesting is this picture which shows the new ACU (uniform). Note that while Mitchell is holding a SCAR rifle, the weapons icon shows the new Beretta Storm rifle, probably because the pic was taken from a beta. Also note that the "picture-in-picture-from-helmet-cam" does not have full 3D vision but something akin to GRAW1 wireframes. But perhaps most intersting, the Ghost on the left is holding what appear to be a camouflaged M14 marksman rifle.

Respectfully

krise madsen

first pic is a MP5SD (i.e silenced). You can tell by the handguard and....well, the silencer. Second pic is interesting. It's either a M14 or M21 or something like it (me likes)

Nice graphics. If that is game footage, wow. If that is rendering put off as gameplay picture....then shame on them.

The detail on that scope in the second photo is incredible.

Respectfully

krise madsen

lol! you're absolutely right. My bad. Post edited. :)

Respectfully

krise madsen

Edited by krise madsen

Hmm i hadn't seen these...

#1 we still got a healthbar... please let the heartbeat monitor actually mean something.

#2 Like the graphics... although the 3dcamo is gonna make it hard to find peeps.

#3 what is that circle around the enemy in pic #2? I don't see the crosshairs. Is that it?

Maybe Grin can answer these to tease us a little.

#1 we still got a healthbar... please let the heartbeat monitor actually mean something.

#2 Like the graphics... although the 3dcamo is gonna make it hard to find peeps.

#3 what is that circle around the enemy in pic #2? I don't see the crosshairs. Is that it?

They have been seen before. But not in this resolution I think.

#1, Doesn't it in GRAW1? It indicated if you have been running and such I think.

#2, True. :thumbsup:

#3, That would be the crosshair. You can see a small dot int he center of the circle as well.

EDIT: I was right. Both pictures where among those scanned from the Swedish PC Gamer article. So seen before but in much lower res.

Edited by Wolfsong

Maybe Grin can answer these to tease us a little.

I would guess that's the metal gear solid-flirt. I think that when the circle is solid the enemy can see you and when it's transparent they can not see you. If you played Oblivion you know what I mean.

EDIT: I was right. Both pictures where among those scanned from the Swedish PC Gamer article. So seen before but in much lower res.

Yep you don't have to thank me :rolleyes::P

Edited by Hockeystick

I recall reading once that the heart beat monitor (electrocardiogram) does in face, mean something. As I reacll, the longer you run, the redder it gets. The redder it gets, the longer it takes to return to green and the color of the EKD firectly effects bullet spread while youa re shooting. The idea is that a tired person breathing hard cannot keep as staedy a shot with a recoiling gun as can a calm shooter breathing nromally.

I have never tested this to see if the implementation is actually in place. I originally though we would see gun sway when trying to hold hte gun steady, but i dont see that. So I always assumed it was modelled as bullet spread.

Anyone know any more about whether or not this type of modeling of "Tired after running" made it into the game?

OMG.

I think you guys all missed the single most important NEW hint about something for which we have all been wondering. and I think i see it clear as day in the first picture. It is something i specifically posted a thread requesting in GRAW2 and I see it. uh oh. I'm getting excited....... I pray that is what I think it is.... After all, this is a tactical shooter.....

Look at the columnar, 3D blue graphic in that image with a clear-cut blue base in it adherent to a VERY SPECIFIC spot on the ground. We have NEVER seen that before. At least not in this game. We saw it for the first time in Full spectrum warrior and we saw a rendition of it in Vegas.

I think this photo was taken just after an order to move was given to someone in the squad but before they had yet arrived. That is the new ground placement order marker! Brilliant! that is EXACTLY what I wanted and asked for on these very forums!!. Both for single player and mission coop and [GR] coop etc. infact, i hope we get it for squad leaders in EVERY team based game. It allows me as squad lead to give a VERY EXACT position order for a sqaudmember, AI or otherwise. No more wondering where you really are telling them to go.

I wonder if they were smart and slick enought to add a direction to look while in transit to that position. You know. Move north to this spot, but keep eyes west while moving. That is what we really need. but that Blue column tells me a lot. and I am excited to see it if it is what I think it is. and as I look at teh new quadrented layout of the compass (note the new compass design), i cant help but wonder iof those quarents are for eye directions while moving.

To give eye direction and movement direction orders in single order combinations is a very powerful step forward and i hope we get that.

uh oh. I'm getting more excited YET AGAIN by something else i see.

look at pic #1. although I see many soldiers down below out in the open, take a note of the **ONE** ghost in the picture. He is clearly taking VERY EFFECTIVE cover behind a piece of extended wall and peeking as good as i could ever do myslef. I like what I see there. This is no doubt in response to having been told to go there by the squadleader. After all, look at the squad leaders position on the high ground for placing a ghost onto that position.

I loved the Single player game of GRAW 1. with all its warts, i loved it. And I love the mouse wheel based order system. Its qiuck and effective. But now with what i think i see in the blue 3D column for specific order placement and what appears to be excellent cover taken by my AI ghost, I'm getting even more excited.

Take your time GRiN. Get this right.

Edited by Sleepdoc

Are you talking about that thing that looks like a light facing straight up in the 1st picture?

See image below

http://www.attackforcez.com/DOWNLOADS/marker.jpg

And red diamond i would imagine is the guy he wants to move there... Oops... dang work and burning me out... duh red is the guy he's shooting with the mp5 silenced.

GRAW2 meet the RPG world!

OMG.

I think you guys all missed the single most important NEW hint about something for which we have all been wondering. and I think i see it clear as day in the first picture. It is something i specifically posted a thread requesting in GRAW2 and I see it. uh oh. I'm getting excited....... I pray that is what I think it is.... After all, this is a tactical shooter.....

Look at the columnar, 3D blue graphic in that image with a clear-cut blue base in it adherent to a VERY SPECIFIC spot on the ground. We have NEVER seen that before. At least not in this game. We saw it for the first time in Full spectrum warrior and we saw a rendition of it in Vegas.

I think this photo was taken just after an order to move was given to someone in the squad but before they had yet arrived. That is the new ground placement order marker! Brilliant! that is EXACTLY what I wanted and asked for on these very forums!!. Both for single player and mission coop and [GR] coop etc. infact, i hope we get it for squad leaders in EVERY team based game. It allows me as squad lead to give a VERY EXACT position order for a sqaudmember, AI or otherwise. No more wondering where you really are telling them to go.

Well spotted. I completely missed that one :) I'll add this edit to my original post for the benefit of newcomers to this thread, hope you don't mind :)

Respectfully

krise madsen

Are you talking about that thing that looks like a light facing straight up in the 1st picture?

See image below

http://www.attackforcez.com/DOWNLOADS/marker.jpg

I most certainly am talking about **that thing**. I specifically asked for exactly that months ago. This item represents the foundation for proper order giving and proper behavior enroute to that spot by the friedly AI.

although I got pretty good at moving AI around in single player GRAW1, they had to be kept on a pretty short chain for lots of reasons. The inability to give an exact location on the fly (or the inability for them to go to an exact location) was one of the reasons. this is good good stuff. If they can add improved AI to this level of specific order placement, we are in for a real step forward in single player and possibly multipl yer gaming.

Lets hope this individual order system is available to all squad leaders, whether they be in a single player game, or created as a small squad inside a team death match game.

Edited by Sleepdoc

In this picture you can see friendlies in non-Advanced Warfighter attire and the "loyalists" icon in the command menu, possibly indicating that the Ghosts will work with loyal Mexican forces against the rebels. Edit: There is also a bright blue colum which may indicate a "move to" point, as seen in GRAW2 360.

Perhaps more interesting is this picture which shows the new ACU (uniform). Note that while Mitchell is holding a SCAR rifle, the weapons icon shows the new Beretta Storm rifle, probably because the pic was taken from a beta. Also note that the "picture-in-picture-from-helmet-cam" does not have full 3D vision but something akin to GRAW1 wireframes. But perhaps most intersting, the Ghost on the left is holding what appear to be a camouflaged M14 marksman rifle (or some other M14 derivative).

Respectfully

krise madsen

If you look in the distance,the first screenshot, you can see the enemy red diamonds from afar. but can you see the bad guys themselves as a result? I hated the GRAW1 issue where bad guys just appeared from behind the clip range shroud .Am I able to conclude that the draw distance is fixed? Man!, I hope so.

Also in the first screenshot the MP5 gives off a blue gas from the suppressor. that's a very nice touch. supressors don't give off much if any fire from the gases.

Edited by Papa6

Wow....me likes the look of the new pics, perhaps GRiN can give us some info on the pictures that have now been released ? :seehearspeak:

How come the Ghost member is taking good cover behind the wall but the loyalist hasnt spotted the enemy? :rofl:

Keep up the good work GRiN :D

How come the Ghost member is taking good cover behind the wall but the loyalist hasnt spotted the enemy? :rofl:

Looking at the picture I see this...

The "Loyalists" are selected in the order menu on the left. So I guess they are the ones given the order seen over by the fence and are heading there. While the Ghosts are in some sort of cover mode.

Then it's very possible that the enemy just came around the corner and the player open fire on him directly, as the enemy itself hasn't opened fire from what I can see.

In this picture you can see friendlies in non-Advanced Warfighter attire and the "loyalists" icon in the command menu, possibly indicating that the Ghosts will work with loyal Mexican forces against the rebels. Edit: Sleepdoc pointed out the bright blue colum which may indicate a "move to" point, as seen in GRAW2 360.

Respectfully

krise madsen

I noticed in that picture that the center larger weapon is tilted about 40 degrees to the right. Is this normal or is there a 'lean' function? If it's a 'lean' function then the picture should be tilted too.

Also the RED diamonds are, to me, unnecessary and that code will be used to expoit the game or even used in a hack.

WYT?