a Closed MP Beta test confirmed for GRAW 2

What i can't stand about GRAW is that there's no bullet spread. peeps use that mk48 and fire until the box is emtpy and narry a round drop.

I've sat in dark corners on my belly as a sniper and i miss with my sniperrifle but these guys with a XM8 do those short 3 round burst and shoot more accurate than snipers. :wacko:

LOL :rofl: Why do you need a spread of bullets? when GRAW is the first game in history, where you can off load a full clip into another player "ONLINE" and still not kill him. The lag "net code" is all you need and GRAW has it, I've never played a game where a full clip does not kill, but on closer inspection I've found via deathcam, that the person shooting, is aiming at a lagged image of the enemy and not the actual position.

There is something defiantly wrong with GRINS "NET CODE" or should I say the implementation of it. So there is no need for bullet spread, because if it existed, I'm sure no one would get any kills in GRAW, except by NUKE TUBE ! :rolleyes:

viii

Most online FPS have similar problems, doesn't seem to me that GRAW online is worse compared to games like BF2 (make a search of BF2 hitbox on youtube), Swat4, Raven Shield, AA, just to name what I've played.

I know that GRAW is far from perfect, but I never experienced major problems like an entire clip not killing.

I think we must live with the fact that an online gaming perfection is not achievable....said that, I hope GRAW2 will be better than GRAW in that compartment. The worst 'bug' to me is that generally waiting standing still to an enemy you heard coming is a disadvantage.

Edited by =3dS=rOOk

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with Roco here.

Although I have seen some lag in game, i typically find that those people (or myself) have gotten into situations where in the ping is greater than 300. But I do not typically feel lag in my games and I am in place where my ping to good servers is usally 150 or so.

I have also noticed that the Deathcam exhibits a lag that I do not otherwise see in game. This may be because players packet's are prioritized higher than deathcam packets. After all, players deserve to have thier packets prioritized first.

I have been following this thread and listening to people who see lag in the net code. I just dont see anything better or worse in this net code than any other net code. In fact, what i see is a more forgiving net code for higher pingers. Although you get lag to be sure at pings around 300, it is far more tolerable than the effect one might see in other games at 300 ping.

For example, BF2 just starts glitching out at higher pings. frame rate hiccups and other anomolies start happening and it generally destroys the game. Not GRAW. It just smoothly lags and allows both the shooter and the target to learn to manage the lag as they see it exists (Lag shooting). Both suck mind you as far as game play is concerned. It's just that GRAWs response to lag sucks less. And in Coop play, lag becomes almost unnoticed since the targets are not real people. The enemy AI rarely complains.

: )

I have yet to have a problem with GRAW's net code in comparison to other games. I feel it is as good or better for the reason i explained

Edited by Sleepdoc

What i can't stand about GRAW is that there's no bullet spread. peeps use that mk48 and fire until the box is emtpy and narry a round drop.

I've sat in dark corners on my belly as a sniper and i miss with my sniperrifle but these guys with a XM8 do those short 3 round burst and shoot more accurate than snipers. :wacko:

LOL :rofl: Why do you need a spread of bullets? when GRAW is the first game in history, where you can off load a full clip into another player "ONLINE" and still not kill him. The lag "net code" is all you need and GRAW has it, I've never played a game where a full clip does not kill, but on closer inspection I've found via deathcam, that the person shooting, is aiming at a lagged image of the enemy and not the actual position.

There is something defiantly wrong with GRINS "NET CODE" or should I say the implementation of it. So there is no need for bullet spread, because if it existed, I'm sure no one would get any kills in GRAW, except by NUKE TUBE ! :rolleyes:

viii

Most online FPS have similar problems, doesn't seem to me that GRAW online is worse compared to games like BF2 (make a search of BF2 hitbox on youtube), Swat4, Raven Shield, AA, just to name what I've played.

I know that GRAW is far from perfect, but I never experienced major problems like an entire clip not killing.

I think we must live with the fact that an online gaming perfection is not achievable....said that, I hope GRAW2 will be better than GRAW in that compartment. The worst 'bug' to me is that generally waiting standing still to an enemy you heard coming is a disadvantage.

I love the sound definition and the ability to hear the enemy walking up, if that is

what your referring too, is fantastic. Like I've said before Des22 & crew made an

excellent sound field and I can not fault it.

The main out of sync issue i see is when peeps with high end computers round a corner and you die without there gun ever showing. It doesn' t happen to me much but some of my clan see it a lot. (usually on very full servers 25+)

I think this is releated to there PC's being faster then what the server can handle. there gun on there screen is up milliseconds before the server fully recognizes it... or the other client... so all the server or the client gets to animate is the shots.

Also note the whole server seems to slow down when someone is playing with 300-500 ping on these same servers. We kick do to it making the server unstable if over 300ms ping consistantly. 150 -250 pings don't seem to effect the gameplay.

One thing i would love to see is a real time death cam in GRAW showing exactly what the peep is doing Looking through the scope and such) as the current is very limited and cannot be used as proof of cheating.

Also add an observer only mode. That way admins can check on a player suspected of cheating, co-op clans like Alpha Squad can be in game and judge points, and for matches a admin or 2 could observe a match if the ladder required it. This of course could be turned on and off in the server admin.

Also No reloading or restarting to change game types, settings and such (even if we can't do it in game but in the lobby would help a lot... )and finally do not auto spawn peeps in the console that are logged in as admin.... it's annoying when i'm making a change and before i hit enter i get spawned in and have to do it again.

oh and gg's last night sleepdoc. I and a few clanmates were in a server you were playing in.

And yes the sounds in GRAW rock! only change i would make is a very slow walk (even if your penalized with weapon going down) that is about 15% of the current volume when walking.

And now back to the topic at hand...

Please UBI create a forum that actually works like in beta 2 for the testers. It is needed and there was ALOT of good feedback in it. In beta 3 we never got a forum. I'm (if i get in) looking forward to killing a few grinsters and going over bugs as we did before.

All excellent points Roco. And i agree that somewhere between 250 and 300 lies the point of ping related breakdown. Btu i have seen games that are much more ping sensitive than GRAW and the way the game breaks down is much more "Forgiving" than other games.

And yea. Seen you guys around. Has been some excellent TDM nights with you guys. Tell Cell *AFZ* to give me a break, will ya?. The other night, he was my never ending nemesis. Had way to many deaths at his hand where i never even saw his position. Just "THUD" - dead..... see message.

Sleepdoc was shot by Cell *AFZ*.

Three or 4 of those in a match can make you start second guessing yourself!

LOL

Sleepdoc

Hasnt and wont this always be around, LAG. Can anyone tell me a game that doesnt lag or restrict certain players. Graw has limited probs really where lag is concerned, play on a less than 100 ping sever, it has always been the same even in [GR], BF2 was unplayable and Stalker if you guys have it is again unplayable in MP.

LAN is the only way to get away from lag. Online games will always have it unless you put in regional and connection speed restrictions so you can only play with people close by.

True, the whole world needs a network upgrade big time, even using IE and FF is getting slower and slower pages take for ever to load, the whole net is slowing down....... :wall:

I agree that lag will always be around... but... It shouldn't effect the Server's performance just the player... Maybe what graw2 needs is a way to check a players ping. if above a certain ms (say 300) for over 60 seconds or 1 round or such drop the player automatically. (although i don't know how much in resources this would take nor effect people with firewalls that get a 999 ping (rare)).

Animations should slow even higher end pc's down to the same rate so that they stay in sync with one's that aren't (minimum requirements) such as gun raising and turning animations. They all should sync at a realistic manner of how long it would take to shoulder a gun and aim when on the run to stop. In GRAW it seems that sometimes this is to fast (to allow for the fun factor) which actually takes from the fun factor.

That was part of the enjoyment for me in GR.

I remember vividly waiting for my reticle to close when shooting. You'd have the tango in sight and it was the drama built up knowing you where a little vaulnerable during this time.. Depending on the weapon and what you where doing affected the reticule..

Nothing like trying to snipe a guy when he notices you and your waiting for your ret. to close.. many time this made you miss fire because you where a little to quick on the trigger.

Unless something radically changes with the Ubi site management, half of the beta-testers will go to waste if there isn't a shadow forum, so, like last time, if there is a problem, the staff here will take up the slack.

I bet the signup will start this week.

Can we have a beta-tester-sub forum again like last time? Always more fun to discuss GRAW and GR at GR.net :)

It is a closed beta... so if there is one... if you don't make beta you may not be able to see it (one here if UBI fails like in Beta 3... beta 2 had a good forum at ubi)

I still don't visit the UBI forums... It was an unpleasant experience 5 years ago so I don't plan to go back there. <_<

It's been a little better as of late....actually read some positive posts the other day. The new moderator (ColinCJ) is slowly cleaning house on the consistent whiners.

viii

Actually it's the death cam that lags

If you didn't kill him, odds are he was shooting you at the same time. I don't think it's lag persay but one person's bullets cancel out the other if firing at each other... hit for hit.

Hogwash. I can't tell you how many times I see an enemy just running and i die. then i hear him fire at me at close range. disgusting. let's hope it got fixed.

Those of you who get good (<100 ms) pings to servers seem to suffer from the same problems as those of us who get 220+ ms pings ( to USA based servers). You die before the other guy raises his weapon or he is still sprinting when you die. :(

If this was aproblem with LAG rather than say the server not keeping up wouldn't it favour the guy with the low ping? Yet it doesnt seem to. So is it lag or some other cause?.

Personally I agree with the guys that say this game is not as lag sensitive as other games. I can play GRAW on US servers no problems but try to play BF2 on a USA server from Australia and you dont have a hope of a decent gaming experience.

GRAW and [GR] are 2 of the very few games that I have been able to get decent gameplay on USA servers. These games seem to 'cope' with a wider variety of ping times.

My connection runs at 4.5 Meg down and 760 K up so it is not lack of bandwidth holding me back, merely the limits of physics and the speed of light. Australia to USA = 200 to 250 ms ping regardless of hardware or connection.

Anyway just my Aussie 2 cents (1 cent US) worth :thumbsup:

Here is my theory on it. (for the running when shooting and not raising gun comment) The peep has a pc moving faster then the gameplay can animate. I seem to see this more against players with higher end pc's. (been asking them) Due to there higher video cards, i think they are able to raise the gun before it's translated to the server... only ms but still happens. This leads them to look like they are running when they have already stopped, shot and continued.

Papa... he was talking about not killing, not "not seeing the gun come up"

IF 2 peeps fire at each other at the same exact time with the same caliber they cancel each other out and whoever gets loaded and fires 1st again gets the kill. The only way to trade a kill in GRAW is with GL or hand nades.

Papa

....IF 2 peeps fire at each other at the same exact time with the same caliber they cancel each other out and whoever gets loaded and fires 1st again gets the kill. The only way to trade a kill in GRAW is with GL or hand nades.

OMG are you serious? Tou mean in GRAW a double kill isn't possible? Well that is strange. I know in real life it wouldn't happen that often either but technically it should be possible. Not really NORG.

Hogwash. .........................

<chuckle>

I prefer the term Popeycock myself. Or Balderdash if I am dealing with one of those blokes from across the pond.

:devil:

I personally prefer ######. But whatever.

*Crosses fingers* I really hope I make the beta. That'd be another one two add to my resume of game testing (LOTRO Beta 3, GRAW Patch 1.3, STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl MP, Phylon).

Hogwash. .........................

<chuckle>

I prefer the term Popeycock myself. Or Balderdash if I am dealing with one of those blokes from across the pond.

:devil:

I personally prefer ######. But whatever.

I am unfamilir with a the word "######". Please excuse my ignorance. :rocky:

*Crosses fingers* I really hope I make the beta. That'd be another one two add to my resume of game testing (LOTRO Beta 3, GRAW Patch 1.3, STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl MP, Phylon).

Why are you trying to grow your resume with game testing? Is it your intention to break into the Video Game Quality Assurance and testing field?

....IF 2 peeps fire at each other at the same exact time with the same caliber they cancel each other out and whoever gets loaded and fires 1st again gets the kill. The only way to trade a kill in GRAW is with GL or hand nades.

OMG are you serious? Tou mean in GRAW a double kill isn't possible? Well that is strange. I know in real life it wouldn't happen that often either but technically it should be possible. Not really NORG.

Shooting in GRAW... trade = not possible. shooting and getting naded or gl'd or gl vs gl... = possible.