a Closed MP Beta test confirmed for GRAW 2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Italian GRAW2 site is up to date with beta test announce (next opening) at least a new pic, if i'm correct:

Beta test will be on Calavera map, TDM and Recon vs. Assault.

http://ghostrecon.it.ubi.com/

graw2pc_urban-warfare-2s.jpg

Things I notice in the new screenies.

- MUCH MUCH higher resolution textures. Look at the SCAR for instance, it looks better, especially the scope.

- Shadows are now more defined rather than "nearly visible" as in GRAW 1.

- Indigenous forces?! :blink:

Glad to hear it. A good beta test will help find alot of the bugs, not all but most of them. At least the major ones like the GL bug and floating statics in GRAW1.

Wonder if they are going to have any sort of server/admin stuff so the beta testers can stress that stuff as well and not just the game. Because most of us can agree that the server/admin (SADS :))is just as important as the game.

This brings me back to the "Are you loosing interest" thread: Even just a little bit of information/media brings back the anticipation for GRAW2. Though I highly doubt I will be a beta tester but it would be good to know that they are getting the community involoved in a positive way, unlike the revolt UBI is having on their Vegas forums.

Edited by Athenian

why does it look the same as graw? only different camo and slightly darker theme? the scar looks the same..

Same engine. The game will look sharper, effects might be better, and it will be smoother. Little more in terms of graphics.

Don't expect any huge graphical upgrades. As it is, (the name of the engine anyone?) is pretty impressive on its own so I don't mind.

Edited by luger

(the name of the engine anyone?)

Diesel (though it may translate to a slightly different spelling). And yes, GRAW2 is more of an extension to GRAW1's tech than a completely new game, from a software side. In fact, it's not only the same basic engine (with heavy revision, I'm sure), but it's minimum specs are actually slightly lighter than GRAW1PC had.

(the name of the engine anyone?)

Diesel (though it may translate to a slightly different spelling). And yes, GRAW2 is more of an extension to GRAW1's tech than a completely new game, from a software side. In fact, it's not only the same basic engine (with heavy revision, I'm sure), but it's minimum specs are actually slightly lighter than GRAW1PC had.

I like the sound of lighter specs... but what are they exactly?

And if the graphics aren't really the focus this time, is it time to get hopeful that the gameplay has significantly improved?

Edited by etf-danno

I like the sound of lighter specs... but what are they exactly?

GRAW2:

Operating system: Windows XP (supported Vista)

Processor: 2 Ghz (2.8Ghz recommended)

Memory RAM: 1 Gig

Graphics board: 128Mb of memory (256 Mb recommended), support of Shaders 2.0

GRAW1:

Operating system: Windows 2000/XP (only)

Processor: 2 Ghz (2.8Ghz recommended)

Memory RAM: 1 Gig

Graphics board: 128Mb of memory (256 Mb recommended), support of Shaders 2.0

I was mistaken to say that GRAW2 was lighter. I apologize for that. The only major change is the OS support.

Still, that the specs have not increased is a positive thing, I believe.