not another M4A1 Carbine mod !

Brettzies

mod_db_image_01.jpg

I wanted wrap this up(minus true custom aiming) before the weekend since I need to work on another project in my free time over the next few days and probably over the weekend as well. Then I'll be gone for a week and didn't want to lose momentum on this. I spent a lot of time testing it, but can never be sure how it will run on other systems or if all the multiplayer parts will work. There was something with the grenade launcher that kept causing random crashes but I think I fixed it. Haven't crashed out of GRAW all day. I hope it works for whoever is interested in using it, but I probably won't be able to get back to this for a few weeks if there are any major problems. At that point, I hope to focus on an M16A4 and Acog sight for both when I have more free time for modding.

Should be ready now(I didn't realize you had to be a member to download it, maybe they will put it up here as well):

Mod-db Brettzies M4 mod v1.0 GRAW

Nutlink posted this Filefront link below - no reg necessary

Here is an excerpt from the readme file as to why another M4 mod:

I know what you’re thinking, why another M4 mod? Well, I actually started working on this mod in the summer of 2006 after I had implemented two versions of it into SWAT4. I really wanted to get it into GRAW, so I started seeing what can be done. After a few weeks, I pretty much abandoned the mod for several reasons. First it took GRIN a while to release any information on weapon modding. After they did, it helped but I was quickly discouraged when I discovered there was no way to adjust the aiming for custom sights without creating new character animations. While I have no problem doing animations, there’s pretty much no point of reference to work from and I didn’t have the time to be shooting in the dark (GRAW tends to crash when one little thing is incorrect). This pretty much killed it for me since I wasn’t really interested in doing a work-around. About the same time, Snowfella began converting one of his M4s into an excellent M4Sopmod for GRAW. At that point, I didn’t see a need to have another M4 mod for GRAW, at least not right away.

However, I’ve had some free time recently and began to see what could be done with the character model and skeleton supplied. Since I don’t use Max, I came up with the same techniques I used to get animations into SWAT 4 using Maya and fbx files. Basically just creating an animator friendly rig to drive the supplied skeleton. While I have had a small success getting an actual pose into the game, I can see that it will be quite a bit of work to get everything to work correctly if at all. I hope to go back and figure it out at some point, but after spending so much time experimenting with GRAW modding, I wanted to actually produce something and decided to finish the M4 using the aiming work around.

Be sure to check out the pdf.readme for pretty pictures : ] Edited by Brettzies

it looks sooo nice! Awesome effort and good job on this. I hope you get some help on some custom animations sometime in the future from GRIN so you can make one badasss gun for graw2. I cant wait for your m16 because that was my favorite gun in the [GR] game and even in the graw2 game for the 360.

This is nice mod but exhibits a problem on my system. I have it installed as a separate mod which I can activate selectively using the freeware mod activator. But when I do the use grenade key no longer works. I tried resetting the key selections in the options screen but still it does not work after doing this. This problem occurs not only with the M4 but with any other weapon selected.

Would you be able to check you code please?

This is nice mod but exhibits a problem on my system. I have it installed as a separate mod which I can activate selectively using the freeware mod activator. But when I do the use grenade key no longer works. I tried resetting the key selections in the options screen but still it does not work after doing this. This problem occurs not only with the M4 but with any other weapon selected.

Would you be able to check you code please?

Hmm, you know, when I played throught the single player campaign a while ago, the grenade key would stop working once I died. It worked when the game mission started or reboot, but after the first death it would go away and I'd have to select grenades manually via the inventory. Very annoying, I assumed this was some bug in the game. This was without my mod installed, so I don't know. Try it with an unmoded in any way GRAW and see if you still have the key problem after dieing, I don't think it was just me, but you never know.

I have grenades bound to key 3. When I first noticed them not selecting, I assume it was unbound and tried to rebind it, but it was already set. Has anyone else had this problem, past or present?

The only possible code thing I can think of was that I started the mod with unbundled files in the summer. Some of them could be outdated as they kept patching the game, but as I said, I had this problem with an un-modded game. Also, I am able to select grenades with the mod installed. So it is kind of puzzling. I'll do some experimenting when I get home though.

Edited by Brettzies

Brettzies thanks for your response. I dont believe I have noticed my grenade key not working before - only with this mod. I have however noticed a similar issue with the key thats used to bring a certain weapon (I think its the MC whatever) up to line of site. This is with another mod not yours. So maybe there is something in the coding of GRAW that is very sensitive to how mods are implemented. In general though I do not have problems of this sort with my other mods. (Pretty well all of which are run from a separate folder using the mod installer rather than being hand coded into the English folder.)

Wow! Thank you very much ...

^_^

Edit: It looks so great and realistic to see an GR:AW Ghost with

this kind of weapon!

The pdf and your executions are very nice too. Which type did

you use for the text?

Edited by Keen

Wow! Thank you very much ...

^_^

Edit: It looks so great and realistic to see an GR:AW Ghost with

this kind of weapon!

The pdf and your executions are very nice too. Which type did

you use for the text?

Thanks! I used helvetica-neau-light and variations for titles. I've always liked that font.

Thanks! I used helvetica-neau-light and variations for titles. I've always liked that font.

Helvetica 55 New Roman - you're right, it's a very cool type.

Edit: I never recognized that font. It would be great if the GRIN dudes - :D - would

help you to correct the small bugs.

Edited by Keen