mod update v1.0

mirr

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mirr, sorry by yhe last questions I didn't read the commets in the download page.

Now another question, it is posible to select or change between first person or third person in game????

the "floating" decal thing is normal, no decals seem to map perfectly on the models, they are all

offset a small amount and seem to map on a bounding box instead of the model, but on the characters its more visible.

making a switch from first to third person ingame is possible but it requires editing of the scripts to add extra triggers.Maybe there's another way by making use of the cinematic cameras...

for now its not possible, too many scripts to edit and a lot of crashes...

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I downloaded this mod.

I haven't played GRAW for a loong time, what I noticed is that this mod supports object penetration!? (by other weapons than just the sniper rifle)

Is this true? or am I seeing things?

I haven't played GRAW for a loong time, what I noticed is that this mod supports object penetration!? (by other weapons than just the sniper rifle)

yes, its true

but it only works for the player, enemies seem to ignore the value in the weapon files.

Well it works with v3.1 but my black hawks are being retarded and wont land in the right place still. I even reinstalled the game and they still do it

this happens in sp or mp games? or both?

yes, its true

but it only works for the player, enemies seem to ignore the value in the weapon files.

Thats AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for that : ) What are the chances for this to work in GRAW2 as well? And how come the standard loadout only gives two mags?

yes, its true

Thats AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for that : ) What are the chances for this to work in GRAW2 as well? And how come the standard loadout only gives two mags?

it's the same in graw2, except that maybe the ai will not ignore the value this time.

i hope.

i thought 10 was too much.

its easy to change if you need more, just edit the sb_inventory_data xml.

yes, its true

it's the same in graw2, except that maybe the ai will not ignore the value this time.

i hope.

Thanks man, I adjusted the values to my needs : ) Great mod.

Btw, do the different weapons have the same penetration values?

Edited by V.P.

yes, its true

i hope.

Thanks man, I adjusted the values to my needs : ) Great mod.

Btw, do the different weapons have the same penetration values?

yes, its not adjustable, only 0/1 setting

version 1.5

DOWNLOAD

new:

-postfx

-fixed the camera/body glitch and changed the crosscom cam

(cam is now tilted if their head is tilted)

-adjusted walk angle to allow more freedom of movement

-adjusted recoil to compensate for the bullet penetration

-ai (ghost team should now be more reliable(move slower and provide better cover)

added more enemy grenadiers and rpg's for some interesting firefights.

-adjusted overall difficulty

on sp mode the game sometimes crashes when spawning a random group,

loading a previous savegame should solve the problem.

small fix, just overwrite the file in ../lib/managers/xml with this one.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Rocky

mirr, could you mail your updates to me (rocky@ghostrecon.net) rather than use that filehost you are using. It's really hard to get your mods from there, there are so many pop upadverts that I can't even see where the download is.

version 1.5

DOWNLOAD

new:

-postfx

-ai (ghost team should now be more reliable(move slower and provide better cover)

DOWNLOAD

I HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME ALL OVER AGAIN JUST TO EXPERIENCE YOUR MOD AGAIN? :angry:

oh...how AWESOMELY COOL IS THAT!!!! :devil:

I LOVE YOUR MOD :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

your THE BEST mirr

i-can-haz-fav-mod.jpg

Question/Suggestion when adding Brettz M4 mod.

- do I install your mod first then add weapon files from Brettz mods?

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

version 1.5

DOWNLOAD

new:

-postfx

DOWNLOAD

I HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME ALL OVER AGAIN JUST TO EXPERIENCE YOUR MOD AGAIN? :angry:

your THE BEST mirr

i-can-haz-fav-mod.jpg

Brettz m4 mod last i think, if it overwrites some files.

If it doesn't work you can merge the files.

version 1.5

DOWNLOAD

new:

-postfx

DOWNLOAD

your THE BEST mirr

i-can-haz-fav-mod.jpg

Brettz m4 mod last i think, if it overwrites some files.

If it doesn't work you can merge the files.

I made a virgin english folder and dropped your folder in there but I was getting a blue-ish hue. Not so goory effect except when the enemy AI are shot. Doesn't leave a pool of blood. I'll fiddle with it some more.

No other mods in the same folder.

I'll try a fresh install of GRAW (vs virgin english folder) when I get the time...not very soon though 0:)

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

i tried your mod a little bit. only playewd the 1st mission.

first i must say that the owrk done here is very very impressive.

so much stuff has changed. really nice work.

there are hits and misses in my opinion and even though no one asked for my opinion i feel compeled to share:

cons -

it's a matter of opinion but i dont like the greenish hue. this isn't matrix and i wish i could play it with the brownish hue again...

i dont like the over kick of the weapons. IRL there isnt an increase in the kick. every bullet upkicks just as the one before it. should be like in stock. i know spraying was too easy but GRAW2 solved it well as it has more spreading of the raticule and the bullets.

also i usually play WITHOUT a raticule. this feels a lot more natural to the overly mechanical feel of the up-kick and the spreading crosshair (that actually never really worked in graw1. it works in graw2).

is it just me or the enemy and friendly AI are much better shots?! if it is so than i think it should go back to stock. for balancing reasons - if the AI is too good than firefight ends really quickly and your many many teammates are taking all the action away from the player. the lower accuracy grin granted the AI was in tentionally worse than the players because the player needs to feel slightly more affective than he does with this mod. there isnt much fun to tell 7 teammates to go to one spot where 6 enemies spawn and by the time the player gets to the action it's all over. i hope im clear... english not that good :P

only 3 magazines? ######? ok, so 10 is too much but combatants always go with at least 6 for primary and 3 for secondary. just look at the vests they are wearing. there are tons of pockets on them. with only 3 magazines on them what do they carry in the remaining available pockets? PEZ dispencers?

pros -

wow. u really teared that game apart, and well.

if the number of enemy AIs was rebalanced than the additional teammates was even a cooler suplimental.

i love the idea of more teammates just for the sake of changing stuff around a bit and adding to a game i already completed 3 times.

the problem is that the balance is off. not enaugh enemies, it seems. i might be wrong cuz i haven't completed the 2 mission yet but i will do that tommorow. either way it feels like the friendly AI is hugging all the kills and everyone if over accurate.

the white flash when getting hit is awsome. just awsome. finally i feel like im hit. in the GRAW2 demo doesnt feel like u got hit by bullets but by pins or paintballs.in GRAW there is a shake of the cam AND now the white flash. it helps. i wonder if red or black wouldnt be better than white but i still love it.

the extra AIs. i always wanted more. more more more. im greedy. could u explain about what is exactly going on with the extra enemies? do they spawn in the same fasion everytime? is it random? who random is it? does only RPG enemies spawn or normal infantry as well?

if they AI truely spawns randomly in some sort than this is a wonderful addition. i just hope that in the later missions it balances out with the extra AIs.

--------------------

great work, mirr. just thinking of what u might come up with in GRAW2 makes me wet in pants.

i hope u dont think i came out of nowhere just to say bad things. im just trying to give constructive crit cuz u definatly tried very hard to come up with something that will make the same old GRAW feel fresh.

suggestion (it's the samwe suggestion i suggested in the mod infested s.t.a.l.k.e.r forums):

when u make a package with so many changes - devide them. create a zip file within each one of your changes is in a seperate directory with the MODs type as a directory's name so each can choose what part of your mod he wants to install and which part to leave out.

GOOD JOB, chap. :) thumbs waaaaay up.

Edited by topeira

i tried your mod a little bit. only playewd the 1st mission.

first i must say that the owrk done here is very very impressive.

so much stuff has changed. really nice work.

there are hits and misses in my opinion and even though no one asked for my opinion i feel compeled to share:

cons -

it's a matter of opinion but i dont like the greenish hue. this isn't matrix and i wish i could play it with the brownish hue again...

i dont like the over kick of the weapons. IRL there isnt an increase in the kick. every bullet upkicks just as the one before it. should be like in stock. i know spraying was too easy but GRAW2 solved it well as it has more spreading of the raticule and the bullets.

also i usually play WITHOUT a raticule. this feels a lot more natural to the overly mechanical feel of the up-kick and the spreading crosshair (that actually never really worked in graw1. it works in graw2).

is it just me or the enemy and friendly AI are much better shots?! if it is so than i think it should go back to stock. for balancing reasons - if the AI is too good than firefight ends really quickly and your many many teammates are taking all the action away from the player. the lower accuracy grin granted the AI was in tentionally worse than the players because the player needs to feel slightly more affective than he does with this mod. there isnt much fun to tell 7 teammates to go to one spot where 6 enemies spawn and by the time the player gets to the action it's all over. i hope im clear... english not that good :P

only 3 magazines? ######? ok, so 10 is too much but combatants always go with at least 6 for primary and 3 for secondary. just look at the vests they are wearing. there are tons of pockets on them. with only 3 magazines on them what do they carry in the remaining available pockets? PEZ dispencers?

pros -

wow. u really teared that game apart, and well.

if the number of enemy AIs was rebalanced than the additional teammates was even a cooler suplimental.

i love the idea of more teammates just for the sake of changing stuff around a bit and adding to a game i already completed 3 times.

the problem is that the balance is off. not enaugh enemies, it seems. i might be wrong cuz i haven't completed the 2 mission yet but i will do that tommorow. either way it feels like the friendly AI is hugging all the kills and everyone if over accurate.

the white flash when getting hit is awsome. just awsome. finally i feel like im hit. in the GRAW2 demo doesnt feel like u got hit by bullets but by pins or paintballs.in GRAW there is a shake of the cam AND now the white flash. it helps. i wonder if red or black wouldnt be better than white but i still love it.

the extra AIs. i always wanted more. more more more. im greedy. could u explain about what is exactly going on with the extra enemies? do they spawn in the same fasion everytime? is it random? who random is it? does only RPG enemies spawn or normal infantry as well?

if they AI truely spawns randomly in some sort than this is a wonderful addition. i just hope that in the later missions it balances out with the extra AIs.

--------------------

great work, mirr. just thinking of what u might come up with in GRAW2 makes me wet in pants.

i hope u dont think i came out of nowhere just to say bad things. im just trying to give constructive crit cuz u definatly tried very hard to come up with something that will make the same old GRAW feel fresh.

suggestion (it's the samwe suggestion i suggested in the mod infested s.t.a.l.k.e.r forums):

when u make a package with so many changes - devide them. create a zip file within each one of your changes is in a seperate directory with the MODs type as a directory's name so each can choose what part of your mod he wants to install and which part to leave out.

GOOD JOB, chap. :) thumbs waaaaay up.

the green hue can easily be removed, if you prefer the

default colors just remove or rename the skies.xml and post_effects.xml

in the ../local/english/settings folder

the recoil/spread is hard to get right in graw1

I added more recoil to try and balance out the bullet penetration

this wouldn't have been necessary if the ai's also used the penetration value,

but they ignore it.

graw2 will be much better as it allows for custom penetration values with an additional

chance to penetrate for each weapon.

i found that the default spread was too much, so i changed that and also different shooting skills

for the guerrillas/infantry/special forces, as well as custom values for their peek/attack/move/flee etc...

to try and create a little more diversity among enemies.

i think you will find enough action going on once you get to the later levels, the first mission was partly a tutorial and not that hard, so i tried to keep it that way by not adding that many enemies.

you can change the ammo pack values in ../local/english/sb_templates/sb_inventory_data.xml

i never ran out of ammo while testing the missions, but i guess that really depends on your fire style and the use of your teammates to do the killing for you.

maybe i should change the default to 4 instead of 2.

previous versions of the mod had black/red values for the blood hit effect, but i found the white

flash had a little more impact. also added a sort off "vision blur" effect, though it depends on where you get hit.

all missions except 5/9 have a chance to spawn random enemies, up to 6x more than the default

on some missions, though you would have to be very lucky/unlucky depending on your view to experience this. Some groups spawn after the save event to allow different locations/enemies when reloading saved games.

Some of them are activated before entering certain areas, so they can react to fire fights if they hear it.

All enemy groups now have 5 versions, 4-5-6-7 and 8 man teams. Getting in a fire fight with 20+ enemies all shooting at you from multiple directions can get very tricky to get out alive.

they are not truly random, but they will behave differently than the default settings.

the problem with splitting up the changes is that some of them require the other modded files,

and since i haven't tested this, i didn't want to create more problems than there were already with this mod.

it took me a long time to solve the group manager crashes, but I'll see what works and what doesn't.

i am still amazed at how u managed to add teammates to the missions... :)

i know nothing in programming so it's like magic to me. :)

thanks for the reply, mate.

about your changed AI behaviour -

can i expect the additional enemy AIs in co-op mode too?

can i expect the modified behaviour u set to be implemented in every game mode in GRAW? like [GR] or co-op and not just in the campaign?

about bullet penetration and the AI - i think that even if u manage to get the AI to have their bullets penetrate than it wouldn't matter that much cuz the AI will not recognize that teir bullets go through stuff. they will act normally. i guess that only when supressing u when u r behind a car or a fence it'll work. oh well, it ain't "there" yet. but really remarkable effort.

can u instruct me on how to get the recoil back to how it was? i think i will re-install the files in charge of the "no crosshair" and having them WITH the exadurated up-kick will probably be too much :P

p.s. - do u think there is a way to make teammate AI available for your command in [GR] missions (the originial 3 that came with 1.35 and user made)? i only have 1 friend who is willing to play GRAW occationally but most of the time im kinda trying to run through them myself. and most of the were definatly not meant for one person...

(is there a MOD for that, cuz i never MODed GRAW myeslf?)

Edited by topeira

i am still amazed at how u managed to add teammates to the missions... :)

i know nothing in programming so it's like magic to me. :)

thanks for the reply, mate.

about your changed AI behaviour -

can i expect the additional enemy AIs in co-op mode too?

can i expect the modified behaviour u set to be implemented in every game mode in GRAW? like [GR] or co-op and not just in the campaign?

about bullet penetration and the AI - i think that even if u manage to get the AI to have their bullets penetrate than it wouldn't matter that much cuz the AI will not recognize that teir bullets go through stuff. they will act normally. i guess that only when supressing u when u r behind a car or a fence it'll work. oh well, it ain't "there" yet. but really remarkable effort.

can u instruct me on how to get the recoil back to how it was? i think i will re-install the files in charge of the "no crosshair" and having them WITH the exadurated up-kick will probably be too much :P

p.s. - do u think there is a way to make teammate AI available for your command in [GR] missions (the originial 3 that came with 1.35 and user made)? i only have 1 friend who is willing to play GRAW occationally but most of the time im kinda trying to run through them myself. and most of the were definatly not meant for one person...

(is there a MOD for that, cuz i never MODed GRAW myeslf?)

ai's are added through the groupjointeam element in the mission files

as in the example from mission1.

this has been removed in graw2, i guess they now use setplayercontrolled.

behavior works for all game modes, but i never tried adding teammates to [GR].

don't know if it works or not, I'll take a look.

thank mirr :)

say, any file that i delete from the english folder will be replaced with an original file by the game?

so if i dont like the affects of one sertain file i can just delete it to restore stock behaviours?

i played a lil bit today and the AI is so accurate that i cant stand a chance if i miss the first shot in CQB. i dont know what changes u made for the AI but i wanna test them out. see if they are for the better but i can't since im dead before i know it.

the AI seem to go prown more now and i bet that if i play longer i will discover other different behaviour patterns but i wanna play some [GR] and the AI is so hard it's no fun. basically impossible.

is there a way to restore the original ACCURACY, REACTION TIME and deadliness without changing the values u entered for behaviour probability?

EDITED:

OK. after playing around an hour in some [GR] maps to see what's going on i wanna say that im not sure what was changed by you and what was there that was GRIN's work but the AI is awsome. they seem to supress-till-out-of-bullets less. maybe take cover more. they seem to be less predictable.

can u , perhapse , elaborate on what did u change in they behaviour patterns?

also, i wonder if u can do me a personal favour (the kind that will cater to many other besides myself, which makes it less personal....) :

even though i agree that the AI needs to be tough and i enjoy a good challenge, making the AI react this fast and shoot this accurate is not a turn for the better, IMO.

this isn't MP and there should be a balance where the ghosts are better fighters than the rebels. the rebels come in much much greater numbers (think about [GR] and coop and not only campaign) so if they are too good than it is way to frustrating for ppl (like myself) who wanna play coop or [GR] and dont have 10 friends available every time. actually i barely have 2. now since we all have jobs and can't get together to play at the same time we can't handle an AI that barely misses and kill u in less than 2 seconds.

also it seemed as if after 1.35 the AI weren't able to "sence" u when u came on their side. it made more sence. now when i sneek around an AI they immidietly know where i am. did u do that or im completely off here and it was never fixed?

my request -

i love so many things in this mod (the graphic enhancements. the blood and decals. the AI. the option to play with extra teammates) but perhapse, if it ain't too much work, u can create a seperate mod with the following changes:

* restore original AI accuracy for both friendly and enemy to original values.

* restore reaction time for enemy AI to original values.

* restore reaction cone for enemy AI to original values.

Thanks for this mod, mirr. slowly (VERY VERY slowly) im observing the files in your mod to try and understand what needs to be changed to fulfill my fantasies (stated above) but i am so new to modding this game that i need help. if it's a matter of editing a few XML lines than maybe u can instruct me on which lines should be edited and i can do it myself, but maybe explaining will take more time than doing it.

p.s. - what graphical mods did u use in this mod?

cheers and well done...

*bowing*

Edited by topeira

thank mirr :)

say, any file that i delete from the english folder will be replaced with an original file by the game?

so if i dont like the affects of one sertain file i can just delete it to restore stock behaviours?

i played a lil bit today and the AI is so accurate that i cant stand a chance if i miss the first shot in CQB. i dont know what changes u made for the AI but i wanna test them out. see if they are for the better but i can't since im dead before i know it.

the AI seem to go prown more now and i bet that if i play longer i will discover other different behaviour patterns but i wanna play some [GR] and the AI is so hard it's no fun. basically impossible.

is there a way to restore the original ACCURACY, REACTION TIME and deadliness without changing the values u entered for behaviour probability?

EDITED:

OK. after playing around an hour in some [GR] maps to see what's going on i wanna say that im not sure what was changed by you and what was there that was GRIN's work but the AI is awsome. they seem to supress-till-out-of-bullets less. maybe take cover more. they seem to be less predictable.

can u , perhapse , elaborate on what did u change in they behaviour patterns?

also, i wonder if u can do me a personal favour (the kind that will cater to many other besides myself, which makes it less personal....) :

even though i agree that the AI needs to be tough and i enjoy a good challenge, making the AI react this fast and shoot this accurate is not a turn for the better, IMO.

this isn't MP and there should be a balance where the ghosts are better fighters than the rebels. the rebels come in much much greater numbers (think about [GR] and coop and not only campaign) so if they are too good than it is way to frustrating for ppl (like myself) who wanna play coop or [GR] and dont have 10 friends available every time. actually i barely have 2. now since we all have jobs and can't get together to play at the same time we can't handle an AI that barely misses and kill u in less than 2 seconds.

also it seemed as if after 1.35 the AI weren't able to "sence" u when u came on their side. it made more sence. now when i sneek around an AI they immidietly know where i am. did u do that or im completely off here and it was never fixed?

my request -

i love so many things in this mod (the graphic enhancements. the blood and decals. the AI. the option to play with extra teammates) but perhapse, if it ain't too much work, u can create a seperate mod with the following changes:

* restore original AI accuracy for both friendly and enemy to original values.

* restore reaction time for enemy AI to original values.

* restore reaction cone for enemy AI to original values.

Thanks for this mod, mirr. slowly (VERY VERY slowly) im observing the files in your mod to try and understand what needs to be changed to fulfill my fantasies (stated above) but i am so new to modding this game that i need help. if it's a matter of editing a few XML lines than maybe u can instruct me on which lines should be edited and i can do it myself, but maybe explaining will take more time than doing it.

p.s. - what graphical mods did u use in this mod?

cheers and well done...

*bowing*

Yes, deleting a file will use the default one from the bundle

What difficulty setting are you playing on?

Enemies will know where you are if they see you, or come after you if they hear gun fire.

they will not automatically sense you.

They do have tweaked reaction times, detection and seeing zones etc... and a lot of other things that are changed(skills,aggression,speed,movement attack distance,navigation,seeking cover,going prone....)

It generally takes them between 1-3 seconds or more depending on their state

(patrolling,idle etc..) before shooting at you. Using silenced weapons makes a lot of

difference if you try to kill them one by one.

You are no longer restricted by the "leaving the mission area" and on some maps by the terrain,

so you can use that as an advantage.

[GR] ai is more difficult than campaign ai. Its probably set in the script somewhere.

Making the ai challenging on campaign mode will make them very very hard on [GR]

Try setting the global difficulty parameters back to their default and see if that helps.

(../local/english/sb_templates/global/sb_global.xml)

or tweak the shooting parameters so they miss more often.

What do you mean by graphical mods?

The decals were done by Agent Smith (F.E.A.R edition blood mod)