mod update v1.0

mirr

there's an updated version of my mod available

http://www.mytempdir.com/1263487

new:

-random enemy groups

-ghost and enemy ai tweaks(prone,crouch,peek,hide,cover and movement)

-missions 1-2-3-4-6-8-10-11-12 now have 11 ai teammates(sp & mp coop)

the no-insertion missions are still the default ones, so you can choose.

-tacmap zooms closer

updated:

-blood & post fx

fixed:

-ai and other related crashes

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is a great mod. Just the increase in troop support along with the AI tweaks with random enemy are great, especially on a map like Norad where I immediately "move" the entire 11 man team toward fixed machine gun emplacements and watch all the cool blood effects fly, and the machinegunner die!

On other maps I'll use the larger team more effectively, yet damn this mod is fun. I even have it working with the third-person mod, custom skins, AK-47 mod, and others so it feels like a whole new Graw now.

Nice work! :grin1:

Edited by [CIA]Shadow

bump for mirr to respond.

Q: is there a way to just bring back to 4-man team?

The rest of the features are actually excellente'.... :thumbsup:

yes, sorry for the late response.

you can edit the mission files and remove one of the groups or both,

depending on how many you actually want, each group contains 4 soldiers.

remove the lines between savegame 01 and savegame equipment (the extra one i added)

exept for the showinventory, leave that one, or place it back higher( under

the begin_game debug string) if you don't want to use any extra ai, so it shows at the start of the mission.

that should do it.

Edited by mirr

we beg a little bit more education on this.

could you teach us like we're 6 yo? :unsure:

Its installed as follows:

D:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\local\english

so, if I was to uninstall/remove this mod, is it as simple as removing the english folder?

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

so, if I was to uninstall/remove this mod, is it as simple as removing the english folder?

i'm a little confused, do you want to remove the mod or just the extra

ai teammates?

if you want to remove the extra ai, you'll need to edit the mission files.

i'll post a new version with 4 extra ai's and one without extra ai's

if thats what you're looking for.

i'm a little confused, do you want to remove the mod or just the extra

ai teammates?

if you want to remove the extra ai, you'll need to edit the mission files.

i'll post a new version with 4 extra ai's and one without extra ai's

if thats what you're looking for.

without extra ai's with sugar on top. :rofl: ... I'm sorry I should have numbered my questions. :(

I wish I knew how to edit mission files, but I don't. I'm one of them folks that need numbered dots to connect pictures together :lol:

I'll just wait for the version without extra ai's. its nice to have them but I'm still being targeted by enemy ai's, and sometimes, not all the time, they get in the way, or bump me, almost pushing me out of my cover. :lol: some ppl might find that annoying but I never laugh so hard.

the rest of the mod with blood patch is nice :devil:

Well, good thing I saved and backed-up the 11-man version before it gets nuked, in case I ever have to reinstall the game, cuz I like the mod the way it is. You can break up the 11-man force into 3 to 5 smaller sqauds and each have them doing various methods of attacking, like "leap frogging" where one or more squads advances to cover, while a static team provides fire support, then vice versa, or have the 11 split in half when raiding an enemy held area, where one team acts as a mobile security team, for the advancing, raiding team, or damn, just to set up your entire 11 troops behind cover with the enemy a block or more away and have them shoot it out to the death makes for some awesome realistic firefights, yet maybe thats because I play in third person and have a different view of this than others do.

To me it seems balanced too, especially when playing SP on the hardest level, as invariably you'll lose about half your guys in any surprise or prolonged firefight, yet you still are able to use some interesting tactics with the reduced number of sqauds left. Heck, make a mod to increase the enemy numbers by three times as much and than I'll be in Graw Heaven! :support::tomato:

Shadow' date='Mar 29 2007, 01:39 AM' post='457489']

Well, good thing I saved and backed-up the 11-man version before it gets nuked, in case I ever have to reinstall the game, cuz I like the mod the way it is. You can break up the 11-man force into 3 to 5 smaller sqauds and each have them doing various methods of attacking, like "leap frogging" where one or more squads advances to cover, while a static team provides fire support, then vice versa, or have the 11 split in half when raiding an enemy held area, where one team acts as a mobile security team, for the advancing, raiding team, or damn, just to set up your entire 11 troops behind cover with the enemy a block or more away and have them shoot it out to the death makes for some awesome realistic firefights, yet maybe thats because I play in third person and have a different view of this than others do.

To me it seems balanced too, especially when playing SP on the hardest level, as invariably you'll lose about half your guys in any surprise or prolonged firefight, yet you still are able to use some interesting tactics with the reduced number of sqauds left. Heck, make a mod to increase the enemy numbers by three times as much and than I'll be in Graw Heaven! :support::tomato:

I will not remove the 11-man team version, just post a new one with 11-7-4 man teams

so people can choose what to play.

also updated the voices, so the marines now use the 3 available voice sets.

adds a little more variation in combat situations, the 2nd one sounds pretty cool under

stress.

Shadow' date='Mar 29 2007, 01:39 AM' post='457489']

I will not remove the 11-man team version, just post a new one with 11-7-4 man teams

so people can choose what to play.

also updated the voices, so the marines now use the 3 available voice sets.

adds a little more variation in combat situations, the 2nd one sounds pretty cool under

stress.

What would GRAW be without modders....bookend holders! :lol: ...thank mirr :thumbsup:

update version 1.1

http://www.mytempdir.com/1275093

new/update:

-all 3 voice sets for the US Marines

-random enemy groups

-ghost and enemy ai tweaks(prone,crouch,peek,hide,cover and movement)

-play missions 1-2-3-4-6-8-10-11-12 with 11, 7 or 3 ai teammates(sp & mp coop)

*no-insertion missions are still the default(same as above with 3ai teammates,

but without the random groups and some mission tweaks).

-difficulty tweak (normal or deadly)

-tacmap zooms closer

updated:

-blood & post fx

fixed:

-ai and other related crashes

more info in the readme file on how to change the team ai etc..

i noticed my txt files are unix formatted instead of DOS

so i hope its readable.

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod mirr. But is it me or the night vision gone? I notice the night vision not working anymore when playing mission 1 :hmm:

Also, is there any way I can revert back the original setting.........this setting is too dark for me :D

nightvision is still there and functioning.

if you dont like the postfx or if they are too dark, remove the post_effects file from the settings folder

version 1.2 OTS edition

http://www.mytempdir.com/1291384

same as version 1.1, but for those who like to play in ots/3rd person view

OTS:

-added OTS cam (minus the cover system and some of the camera angles).

-some changes to mission3 because of an issue with the carry mod and "having a head".

-cars are now pushable so you can use them to provide some cover.

-functional with all weapons and stances.

OTS issues:

-does not use the scopes/iron sights, only the zoom function.

-when using the predator, you need to peek left or right to aim

and see where you shoot.

-if you need extreme angles to shoot downhill, use peek and aim down

(works better on the right side than on the left)

Well, the /3rd person view run pretty ;) . Thanks Mirr . But the post procest .....

graw2007041515592381lo4.th.jpggraw2007041516003450na4.th.jpggraw2007041516004484ty2.th.jpggraw2007041515510190xo4.th.jpggraw2007041515510279ux5.th.jpggraw2007041515543154sg0.th.jpg

graw2007041515282351zq0.th.jpggraw2007041515265259xf9.th.jpggraw2007041515271106zh3.th.jpggraw2007041515260545ph3.th.jpggraw2007041515261460eu6.th.jpg

graw2007041515103264lg8.th.jpg

In coop in internet and with hamachi

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.35

data\lib\units\extensions\transport.dsf(-1): cant find member: force_seated in type <PlayerAi>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecooperative.dsf(0)

Edited by jonelo

• 2 weeks later...