STALKER or RB6 VEGAS

STALKER OR RB6 VEGAS  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I downloaded the world wide patch, made a backup of my saved game files, i then removed all the saved game files from stalker folder in all user documents as someone had suggested doing, so i installed the stkwww 10001 patch all seems well so far, unfortunatly for me i suffered very bad performance issues in DX9 render mode , the framerate / game was basicly unplayable in this mode, even if i turned most of the high video settings down to the lowest point. In DX8 render mode the performance is great no problems, but i prefer the DX9 render, the lighting & shadows are superb along with some great bump mapping , textures, parallax occlusion? stuff etc, neat fx ..lol. So i uninstalled / reinstalled the game, so i reckon i'll leave it @ stk 1000, maybe it was something i did wrong ?, although patching a game is not that hard of a task to do.

Many people reported a decrease in performance with the update. I'm not patching it yet, because I'm halfway through it, but even after I finish, I think I'll wait until a few more patches arrive - it's pretty obvious that there is optimization to be done apart from fixing quest/gameplay bugs, etc.

Not that it's not an awesome game out of the box. :D I'm enjoying every minute of it. It just should be even better...

Edited by Malleus

Many people reported a decrease in performance with the update. I'm not patching it yet, because I'm halfway through it, but even after I finish, I think I'll wait until a few more patches arrive - it's pretty obvious that there is optimization to be done apart from fixing quest/gameplay bugs, etc.

Not that it's not an awesome game out of the box. :D I'm enjoying every minute of it. It just should be even better...

Its a good game for sure. Theres alot of frustrating glitches though that you have to fight through. There's a few times I had to leave the game and come back to get a character to talk to me (the bartender)

One odd thing is, I found a great gun very early in the game (streloks fast auto ak74 or something) and nothing I've found since is any better. Its actually so good, the only time I die is when I'm caught gawking at my inventory when a late spawned bandit shoots me from a room I just cleared.

But worth the purchase, just can't make myself download the patch and start over :ph34r:

Edit: found loads of better weapons now, just cant decide which to carry due to weight restrictions.

Edited by PwntUpRage

I decided to reinstall stalker and apply the stkww 10001 patch and it is ok this time round, performace is good if not slightly better on some maps / levels than stk 1000, although some levels it chugs along at maxed settings. I'm not quite sure what went wrong with my previous attempt at installing the 10001 patch, good game though.