Ghost Recon.net Forums

strange problem with weapon texture

Hello everybody!

I've noticed something I just cannot explain and hope you can help me. In the "101st Airborne" mod there's a desert skin texture for the original OICW. It's named like the original texture file (iw_combo_oicw).

Normally this texture should overwrite the original OICW skin in all three environments (Ghost Recon, DS, IT) when the mod is activated but somehow it only overwrites the original OICW texture in desert maps and I couldn't figure out how this is possible.

Thanks for any suggestions!

look at what sup said, with mod preference as any mod using the same name will overwrite the texture if its higher priority. also from memeory, loooooooong way back, it may come down to how the weap modder set up the file. most textures had a different extension for each map, so could be that too

cheers......

it may come down to how the weap modder set up the file.

Which file do you mean? the .gun file? There's no possibility to set up different textures for different environments.

most textures had a different extension for each map, so could be that too

cheers......

I'm sorry, but I don't understand that. The new texture has exactly the same name like the original, no different extension here.