Clan Function

W1ngsh0t

I am glad the Clan system is in place ... and seems to be working as of last night ;)

I don't really care about a Leaderboard for clans but it would be nice to have a clan history of matches - Who was played and when and the score. If it could include Map, Gametype and settings that would be even better. Individual stats would be the icing on the cake ;)

I am glad the Clan system is in place ... and seems to be working as of last night ;)

I don't really care about a Leaderboard for clans but it would be nice to have a clan history of matches - Who was played and when and the score. If it could include Map, Gametype and settings that would be even better. Individual stats would be the icing on the cake ;)

and the wish list for graw 3 begins. unless that's something that can altered with a patch?

Edited by ITI SERPICO IVI

I can't seem to really think what the current clan features offer other than a way to gather up each team without having to deal with randoms coming into the room you have to boot or ask to leave. No stats, no history no leaderboards..can't even invite your clanmates to the room.

I'm not worried about a leaderboard either, but a clan stats page would be very nice. Of course, I'm sure a leaderboard usually comes with something like that for comparisons. I'd like to keep stats for our own info though.

Something that would be nice would be a "vs. clan" history that we could tag good clans and clans to avoid.

I'm not worried about a leaderboard either, but a clan stats page would be very nice. Of course, I'm sure a leaderboard usually comes with something like that for comparisons. I'd like to keep stats for our own info though.

Something that would be nice would be a "vs. clan" history that we could tag good clans and clans to avoid.

yea clan support pretty much sucks, lol... theres no point to it really, if people wanna have clan matches they can just do player match and invite their clan rather than doing an actual "clan match", there really is no difference

Open matches does work well for settign up games against unkown teams. But "closed" matches don't seem to have much point to them without some sort of clan history.

I guess they may be of use (maybe) for teams competeing on sites like gamebattles but even then it seems to be marginal.

Leaderboards tend to lead to a lot less than exciting activity as "Teams" try to get their namein lights by any means possible ... but at least a clan history gives you something to build on.

My clan gave up on the clan feature already and went back to open rooms! If they could add in one of two thing to the clan matchs we might go back.

1. Where it says your clan name vs the other clan name (Pwner vs Nbs) at the botton left. Have it keep score of the match like 3 Pwner vs 2 Nbs. Thought that would be a good spot for it anyways since both clan names are all ready there just need to add in the numbers.

2. Just make it like a normal Rank room don't even have to be Clan ranked. Just being there has a meaning besides playing with friends at least your still being ranked anyways! Clan ranked would be the best, but i would settle for just normal rank for a start.

If they could do both Team score and some kind of ranked i'm sure thats all we would do. Unitl at least one of them is added if not both i think it's a dead feature unless you use a PC ladder to keep track of Clan matchs and even still it's easier to just do it in a priv room and just invite them in.

2old2kwit is still using it since the Open Matches are a decent way of playing against another organized teams (if you can find one that even knows what siege or blind siege is). But without at least a clan history of wins and losses it will become just as easy to hook up with some of the decent teams that have been met instead of explaining siege to a bunch of mouth breathers that want to play SS on Nowhere ....

When I first heard about Clan support in the new game I was excited, yet reserved in that excitement. I figured with it being something brand new... to GR anyway, it would be flawed. My belief is that certain things can, and will, be patched with a DLC, so we'll just have to wait for that.

Well maybe GRAW2 didn't get it right, but there is still hope. Microsoft does have a clan feature coming to the x360 so things might get better. Yet again it may be just for one game still not sure if it's for all games yet! If anything it's a start and hope more games take it into account!

Link

Edit:

more i read on this i think it's only for that one game, but i still don't know really!

• 2 weeks later...

There still doesn't seem to be much of a point with this clan feature. The "closed" match feature did a nice job accomodating the coordination of matches for teams registered on gamebattles, but there just doesn't seem to be too many teams playing open matches.

We had three rooms open last night, each originally set up for blind seige matches. After about 25 minutes we shut it down.....not a single taker. We even changed the game type to sharpshooter to see if any team would come in the room, but still nothing. Every minute or two a sole guy would jump into the room, mutter something about gamebattles and then exit. It actually became quite amusing to see how hong the next guy would stay in the room.

Without some sort of leaderboard or win-loss record, there's not much of a point with this clan feature. With it being set up the way it is now, teams are basically scrimmaging each other for bragging rights. If they put something in place to account for a teams success, then I agree, we'll see many teams cheating just to get their name on top of the leaderboard. But at least we'd be able to find a decent match here and there.

Is everyone else having just as difficult of a time finding an open match?

Edited by Pabes