I cant see how you see this as a lie.

"devs lying and saying they'll patch things later" ...............Yes this is a real big LIE. :nono:

Those are two separate statements. The "patch things later" was a reply to the blatant lie that was posted here. You're a smart fella, go back a year and do a search of my posts.

ZJJ, I'm the "kindler, gentler" rugg. :D I'll give GRIN the benefit of the doubt. Let's see if they (or UBI) have learned anything from last time.

Well, since I really like Rocky and some of the other staff here I won't go to the trouble of linking it. It was a bad disagreement and while I think it was wrong of Bo to leave and blame me for it, I came on too strong and was rude to the guy.

I think a lot of the things you said back then and the overall feeling was justified. Even though you came on too strong, I lost more respect for Bo and GRiN because they are on the professional side of things and need to respond in a much better fashion if they're going to be around in the first place. As devs, they can't take it personally even if it actually is personal. Basically, without all the personal things, it came down to you being right about certain issues and them/him not wanting to admit anything "at all" was wrong or a potential problem, concern, issue with the game. The game was a beautiful masterpiece with no holes, issues, framerate probs, crashes, etc, at least that's how it came off back then.

I still like them and really enjoy a lot of what they did with the game given the limitations and parameters, but I was pretty disappointed by the way they handled that situtation. I don't like to really get involved in these discussions because I don't want to cause GRiNers to leave, but I just feel Ruggbutt was more right then wrong despite his attitude. The take your ball and gome home mentality was pretty childish on the devs part. If they don't want to encounter situations like this, it's really better to not bring the ball at all. However, it's great to have them around, but you gotta have some thick skin to deal with video game fans on a regular basis....so please don't go!

Edited by Brettzies

I think a lot of the things you said back then and the overall feeling was justified. Even though you came on too strong............................. but I just feel Ruggbutt was more right then wrong despite his attitude. The take your ball and gome home mentality was pretty childish on the devs part. If they don't want to encounter situations like this, it's really better to not bring the ball at all. However, it's great to have them around, but you gotta have some thick skin to deal with video game fans on a regular basis....so please don't go!

The reason for my post was not to hash up old arguments. I'd like to see that part of history go by the wayside. Yeah, sometimes I come on too strong, it's because I care not cuz I disliked any of the GRIN'ers . In fact, I had no opinion about any of them personally till the "incident". The sad reality is that no matter what UBI is responsible for telling GRIN to leave out or to hurry up on is that the old adage "poop runs downhill" rings true. It's a Catch 22 I'm sure.

I'd like to see GRIN post on the UBI forums if not for anything else but that there are UBI employees that mod there that recieve a paycheck with UBI's logo on it. That way, when I (or anyone else) go off on an (insane) rant UBI eventually finds out about it. Trust me folks, they hear things. One of my squaddies met some of the UBI San Fran crew and when he explained he was in BSR the first thing that was said was "isn't that ruggbutt's squad?" Yeah, ol rugg spreadin' the love around. :D Seriously though, I'd been hassled by their community manager for a BS reason and after all the smoke had cleared my lifetime ban was lifted on those forums (thanks Kimi) and UBI staffers knew who I was. The point I'm making with this little story is that if things happen over on UBI's forums, the publisher finds out about it eventually.

This is a great site, I've been a member here for quite some time. But it's a "fan" site and even though it's the best and it's better than UBI's forums (that's right, I said it ;)) there's always the attitude from the suits cuz of the "fan" label. Frankly, I think that the rest of the GRIN'ers handled me quite well over here and also others the very few times they posted on the UBI site. Think about it, we don't have to raise nearly as much cain on the UBI site to get heard compared to what we have to do over here. :D

I hope I explained myself clearly enuf this time. Oh yeah, ZJJ rawks for putting up with me last year. :D

Edited by ruggbutt

Oh yeah, ZJJ rawks for putting up with me last year. :D

The hazardous duty pay was worth it. :rofl:

However, I will have to respectfully disagree that Ubi doesn't hear about the griping that happens here quickly enough. I've talked to Ubi employees and they frequent here just as much, if not more than the official forums.

Well I started this thread in hopes of getting an answer from one of the GRIN boys, but I guess they are too preoccupied with GRAW2 at the moment and don't browse the GRAW section much lately. Oh well, keep up the work on GRAW2. I think I can answer my own question anyway. The answer is no, GRAW is at an acceptable state with v.1.35 and there will be no more GRAW support in the form of patches.

Ahh my old bud Rugg... wassup? Might as well test your newly found niceness.

What is par for the course is devs lying and saying they'll patch things later and next thing you know a sequel is out.

Isn't that kind of what happened in GR1... but instead expansions... then no sequel came out...for years... and then was cancelled before release? It ended with crator glitches, map glitches and other bugs that were never fixed. Support and mm1 still lagged it till the end.

and remember rugg.. you said your nice now...

Hasn't GRAW2 been moved to the same timeframe as the crisis release... which would coincide with your mod? (just wondering if that brought you around and you know me and razzing you about it)

Anywho...

As for Grin... They have patched and fixed many things in GRAW... more then i would expect most game studios to do.

As for you argument with Bo... well i wouldn't have left... although i don't know what all was said.

As for GRAW1 being finished... yes as much as most games ... which really means no but playable and bugs are minor

Isn't that kind of what happened in GR1... but instead expansions... then no sequel came out...for years... and then was cancelled before release? It ended with crator glitches, map glitches and other bugs that were never fixed. Support and mm1 still lagged it till the end.

And yet GR was still more playble. You have a point though.

Hasn't GRAW2 been moved to the same timeframe as the crisis release... which would coincide with your mod?

It sounds like you're making a guess as to when we're gonna be done. Your statement is a guess because there are 30 of us working on OE2.0 and we have no idea when it's release is going to be. We're not even sure if it's going to be this year. You're insinuating that my attitude towards GRIN somehow has to do with competition between products, which is ludicrous. You came along late in the GR days but those that know me from way back then know that I don't have any ulterior motives. Save that someone, anyone release a tac-shooter that will be viable a year later.

Don't mistake my new found niceness to mean that I'll put up with n00bs like you for very long. :D

Edited by ruggbutt

one thing you're good at - is changing the subject, Rugg. oh, and being THE drama queen... in any case, let me correct you on your first two posts on the topic.

i won't present my impressions of what happened back at the UBI forums as hard facts, but i'm sure most will agree that GRIN has given it a pretty good shot. so no, they did not refuse to participate in the discussions on the official forums. the fact is - they didn't even have to try. that's the publisher's job, and dev chats/diaries/posts are really a rare luxury to gamers.

would you keep coming to a bar where a fight every night is guaranteed, just because it's the biggest place in town? can you blame them for hanging out in a civilized place? they didn't owe it to anybody, they did it on their own free time; free! and i wouldn't be too concerned about my posts being nitpicked by a ubi forum troll, if i were the head of game studio. they tried to enjoy communicating with us, but what do you know... morons got in the way. nevertheless, they've considered our every request so far, and addressed every issue to the best of their abilities. i'm actually noticing an increase in player numbers online lately, probably due to the more capable GPU's becoming more accessible to an average PC owner.

five bucks says you won't be able to stay on topic and not retort to personal attacks, rugg.

And yet GR was still more playble. You have a point though.

Hasn't GRAW2 been moved to the same timeframe as the crisis release... which would coincide with your mod?

It sounds like you're making a guess as to when we're gonna be done. Your statement is a guess because there are 30 of us working on OE2.0 and we have no idea when it's release is going to be. We're not even sure if it's going to be this year. You're insinuating that my attitude towards GRIN somehow has to do with competition between products, which is ludicrous. You came along late in the GR days but those that know me from way back then know that I don't have any ulterior motives. Save that someone, anyone release a tac-shooter that will be viable a year later.

Don't mistake my new found niceness to mean that I'll put up with n00bs like you for very long. :D

actually i've been around since the demo of GR1... LOL DFLW before that. Just because i wasn't at TCZ didn't mean i wasn't around. (check srs, and yes we were actually on the rumble, but later)

GRAW1 is fully playable. Since 1.35 there is no showstoppers and the game is actually really good.

As for the OE2 bust... i thought you would get a kick out of it since i said the same thing to you with OE1.

And as for noob... LOL! at TCZ we kicked the old timer (TCZ old timers) butts royally which you failed to show for.

And now back to the topic. A small patch would be nice... just to clear up com station stairs at least and some minor things. But with GRAW2 coming i highly doubt it.

And as for noob... LOL! at TCZ we kicked the old timer (TCZ old timers) butts royally which you failed to show for.

you know he couldn't take that chance. if he were to get his ass violated by the "n00bs", he would most definitely break down and cry like a little girl, followed by a prompt suicide. i should've masked under a different name...

you know he couldn't take that chance. if he were to get his ass violated by the "n00bs", he would most definitely break down and cry like a little girl, followed by a prompt suicide. i should've masked under a different name...

At the time I didn't play GR any more, and I don't play with exploiters like Stalin (th33f) who think it's ok to tiptoe. Before you say anything dude don't make me post video (again)from several different replays of you doing it. It's too bad cuz you were a halfway decent player. Too bad you felt the need to use exploits.

Edited by ruggbutt

Rugg... GR1 tiptoe... that was a bug that was never fixed also... thanks for adding it. (although replays helped us catch them) I guess though i have been told it was legal in European leagues... god knows why.

No one there exploited Rugg. Replays were on and reviewed.

I know i helped steer this away from topic though guys but we need to turn it around before it gets locked.

Rugg... GR1 tiptoe... that was a bug that was never fixed also...

Wasn't a bug, it was an exploit. There's a difference. The definition of an exploit is using something that's native to the game in a manner that gives an unfair advantage to the person using it. Not everyone knew how to tiptoe, and fewer knew how to super tiptoe. Crak showed me how both worked and he eventually got all tiptoeing outlawed on CL, which was basically the only ladder that allowed it. Wallpeeking was a bug, because anyone who got close enough could see thru the wall. The game I'm playing now can be exploited using the Printscreen button. Don't ask which game, the last thing I'm gonna do is tell anyone how to do it even though plenty are using it. It's also just as easy to catch someone because this game has replays too. ;) GRIN, pay attention.

No one there exploited Rugg. Replays were on and reviewed.

I was a TCZ admin. You got caught tiptoeing, you were booted. No warning, no second chance. I removed someone from one of TCZ's tournaments for doing that. It's easy to spot, which is why I caught Stalin pulling that stunt all the time on our server. He was predictable and wasn't even smart enough to change his IP even though he knew it was illegal on our server.

Edited by ruggbutt

It's easy to spot, which is why I caught Stalin pulling that stunt all the time on our server. He was predictable and wasn't even smart enough to change his IP even though he knew it was illegal on our server.

ye, i'm an idiot. i have failed to return to the oh so tempting BSR server, though i won't admit to the hours wasted on unsuccessful attempts to change my IP, sleeping with a cable company official, eventually bribing my neighbors and traveling hundreds of miles in order to get outside my static IP range... all to get to play with the oh so great BSR clan!

even if, by some wild chance, i actually were to be able to get back in there, i assure you, the first thing you would've done is call out "hack" and then try to dress it up with "glitch" and "exploit", resulting in a quick and unreasonable ban. sounds immensely entertaining... thanks, but no thanks. apparently, i played that game longer than most, and naturally, that interfered with your clan's ideology. i know, i know, getting pwned doesn't taste too sweet. you should let it go though.

Enough with the drama I've seen play out more than once on other boards. If you want to continue going back and forth over this issue keep it somewhere else. Locking this this thread for now, it may come back later.