Ghost Recon.net Forums

Captain America: Dead

Yeah, I read it on the BBC Friday.

Crapo, now why did they have to do that? Cap was one of the cooler ones out there. But...then again...Superman died once too...

Edited by xG5kdo

I was talking to a comic book fanatic friend of mine and he said that this is all misleading as Captain America didn't die, but was just hit in the shoulder by a sniper and the reader was lead to believe he died. What do I know? *shrugs*

The Punisher is pretty much the only person to ever use sniper rifles in Marvel, and there's some ongoing plot with him and Captain america (that wouldn't involve him really being shot.)

The 'not really' dead theory seems plausible enough. And past that I know very little.

The Punisher is pretty much the only person to ever use sniper rifles in Marvel, and there's some ongoing plot with him and Captain america (that wouldn't involve him really being shot.)

The 'not really' dead theory seems plausible enough. And past that I know very little.

Actually, one of Punisher's enemies the mercenary von Burian is also an accomplished sniper. He totes around an M82A1.

I think this dude is the one who shot and...err...'killed' Captain America.

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT A COMIC BOOK NERD AND ONLY KNOW THE FOLLOWING DETAILS DUE TO READING A DISCUSSION ON ANOTHER FORUM

I was talking to a comic book fanatic friend of mine and he said that this is all misleading as Captain America didn't die, but was just hit in the shoulder by a sniper and the reader was lead to believe he died. What do I know? *shrugs*

Joe Quesada, who is head of Marvel or something, confirmed in an interview that Ms. Marvel was trying to stop Spiderwoman (Spiderwoman? What?) from doing something, so she told her Cap wasn't actually dead. He is, though.

Also, The Punisher picked up Cap's cowl right after he surrendered to Iron Man at the end of the Civil War story, so maybe they'll go with that.

Plus I hear Captain America already died once anyway, so he'll probably be back.

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT A COMIC BOOK NERD AND ONLY KNOW THE FOLLOWING DETAILS DUE TO READING A DISCUSSION ON ANOTHER FORUM

Joe Quesada, who is head of Marvel or something, confirmed in an interview that Ms. Marvel was trying to stop Spiderwoman (Spiderwoman? What?) from doing something, so she told her Cap wasn't actually dead. He is, though.

Also, The Punisher picked up Cap's cowl right after he surrendered to Iron Man at the end of the Civil War story, so maybe they'll go with that.

Plus I hear Captain America already died once anyway, so he'll probably be back.

Ssssshhhhh.... :whistle:

Uh huh...

LOL! I betcha this was your idea mr. suicide commando! :lol:

Actually it was mine.

But you don't have the cool punisher type sig at the bottom of your posts. :huh:

Don't mean a thing. SC doesn't have witchcraft; Through necromancy I can raise the dead. :huh:

Uh huh...

LOL! I betcha this was your idea mr. suicide commando! :lol:

Actually it was mine.

But you don't have the cool punisher type sig at the bottom of your posts. :huh:

Don't mean a thing. SC doesn't have witchcraft; Through necromancy I can raise the dead. :huh:

umm.............k. :huh:

• 2 months later...