Ghost Recon.net Forums

I find it hard to believe it would look decent at those specs... This game is very graphic intensive on the 360 at least, much better looking than the first one.

The 360 version has nothing to do with how it will run on the PC. The PC version runs on the diesel engine, an inhouse thing for Grin. The 360 version runs on a completely different engine. :)

As long as I can play the game with max details at 1680x1050 again, I'm happy.

The specs were understated (and differed depending on what side of the pond your on) for AW so I would expect the same this go around.

Still, nice to see some official word; thanks Colin. :thumbsup:

It's so good that it can make a cloth fall realistic (acording to PC Gamer SWE).

If you have a PhysX card that is. I doubt you'll see that with the software version of the Ageia.

I'm not sure of that. Ageia is the only physics engine in the game so I would guess the PhysX card just adds more particles on screen, like GRAW. It would be strange and unbalanced if stuff fall differently on different computers. Ex. a cloth.

Edited by Hockeystick

Operating system: Windows XP (supported Vista)

Processor: 2 Ghz (2.8Ghz recommandé)

Memory RAM: 1 Gig

Graphics board: 128Mb of memory (256 Mb recommended), support of Shaders 2.0

Lower a bit, mind you Software physics not as dominant in this version.

http://ghostrecon.fr.ubi.com/graw2/info/sysreq.php

I wonder why they would lower the specs???? :hmm: I guess we'll see in 3 short months.... :wall:

Fresh

The Diesel Engine that Grin has been using for a long time is their own continuous work. It is safe to assume that it has been optimized more than it was in GRAW and now is able to run on a broader spectrum of pc's while still including improvements that push the limits as well.

I was simply wondering... What would, in your opinion, be the best graphic card quality/price that would be able to play GRAW2 at medium settings?

Thanks.

-A

Seeing as how the game is not out yet, we still don't how well it will perform, although I predict it will run great on my rig as GRAW does. My opinion would be a Nvidia 8800 GTS. From what I have read it performs awesome for the price. Of course it's kind of hard to tell you what card to get without knowing more about the pc you want to put one in.

I was simply wondering... What would, in your opinion, be the best graphic card quality/price that would be able to play GRAW2 at medium settings?

Thanks.

-A

Since it has the same system requirements as GRAW I would say ATI X850XT. It's cheap and you can play GRAW (and probably GRAW2) at medium settings. I would wait for the release though, X850XT might not be enough after all, and that wouldn't be good for me since I have that card :(

Those requirements actually looks a bit low for any modern game with graphics at the level of GRAW/GRAW2... We'll see how well it runs even on those recommended specs when it's released.

The graphics of GRAW were not the best. The foliage sucked big time. The graphics of AA and (old engine) looked better than GRAW. :hmm:

Here's a starting point...

Lars Bonde: We've had it running on a GeForce 7900 GTX, 3.2 GHz P4, with 1.5GB of RAM, which is pretty basic. It also runs on a 7900 GT and a 7800 GT, so we're planning to cater for as much of the PC community as we can.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/764/764975p1.html

My opinion would be a Nvidia 8800 GTS. From what I have read it performs awesome for the price.

I would hope that for the amount of coin you'd be dropping for that card, you could run it maxed out w/no problems.

The game engine, just by a long shot guess, is more concerned this time around with gameplay and not the physics. If..IF that's the case then we could be in for a rather nice treat, if that's the case.