Ghost Recon.net Forums

Console Guys going "nuts" over GRAW @

Was on the IGN boards about GRAW2. The console guys are going gahgah over how good it is. Man am I jealous. Now I know how a redheaded stepchild feels. :(

lol, I was really looking forward to this thing being released this month. june seems like a long delay to me but maybe grin wants to be extra careful with this release cause ubi may have warned them from all the b*tching about graw 1.

Was on the IGN boards about GRAW2. The console guys are going gahgah over how good it is. Man am I jealous. Now I know how a redheaded stepchild feels. :(

lol, I was really looking forward to this thing being released this month. june seems like a long delay to me but maybe grin wants to be extra careful with this release cause ubi may have warned them from all the b*tching about graw 1.

Actually it's probably the other way around. I bet GRIN warned UBI not to make the same mistake they did with GRAW 1 and release it too early. Or maybe UBI just needs to release something in the Q2 for a sales boost in that quarter.

Edited by Athenian

PC gamers getting the shaft... again.

Simply because of a delay? No, I think if they delay it it will only be a good thing. Gives them more time to work out some bugs and add new features. Like I stated before, I'd rather the game come out in a stable, fully featured release in October than a repeat of GRAW 1 in 3 weeks.

Yeah I learned that b****ing about it isn't gonna get me anywhere. Best thing I can say is you don't have to love it you just gotta do it. What I'm saying is just be patient. Yeah we always get our games last but do we really want a stupid 3rd person game where we can see all the enemies around the corner in order to plan an attack. I'd rather have it realistic and in 1st person with just a satellite image to coordinate my attacks(lol I said just a satellite image like that's a bad thing) Have a goodun.

MODERATOR EDIT: Console vs PC bashing needs to stop. It is a baiting tactic that leads to flaming and is against forum rules.

Edited by ZJJ

maybe they are going to add live support since we xbox maps also ... so we can beat up on consolers. or maybe direct x 10.

to many maybe's though

Man, some of you guys are a real piece of work.

No interest in starting a fight or anything.........(perhaps you are?)

But the test I heard of where consolers were playing against PC went something like this:

• The PC had a slight advantage on long distance aiming.
  • Consoles had a slight advantage in up close combat reaction

I do not recall what game it was...but one of the developers that produced the exact same game on PC and XBOX did an in-house test just to see how this worked out. Their day of gaming resulted in the above conclusions. Furthermore the games were always close in terms of score. In that particular incident with that particular game the console gamers won a larger number of matches.

Without this particular test that a developer ran....I would suspect that the two camps are roughly equal and matches would generally result in a 50/50 split in victories.

Edited by Ick

I feel I need to remind you all that there has been no official word about any delay of GRAW2. It is all speculation at this point, but some of the things we've been seeing (online game release dates) have given us reason to believe there is a delay. Who knows, we may actually get the game in 3 weeks.

I have to admit that the 360 version is damn good! Really impressive as far as multiplayer goes. I was very skeptical to be honest but man was I pleasantly surprised. The maps are excellent from what I have seen this far and the graphics are flat out amazing. My only issue is that the run speed is a tad fast but other than that...wow. The new maps bring back the feeling of the original GR.....I love it!

I'll probably be buying the pc version as well but this version of GRAW is so much better then the first you almost hate to it part "2".

Well, they arent all loving it, check out all of the complaints about GRAW2 lockups at Xbox.com forums.

http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=10805443

"this is unbelievable BS. I buy a console to avoid this kind of stuff."

Am I bad if that comment made me laugh?

Looks like they think it is early production DVD drives that could be the issue. Hope they find a resolution quickly as it seems a lot of people are getting really frustrated with that error.

Will they get a patch?

Scheduled to be released in June, I bet... :P

Actually... 360 games get patched pretty quickly. There was a patch last night when I logged in, we don't get notes though so I have no idea if it addresses this or not.

PC gamers getting the shaft... again.

I think Grin atleast have taken to heart about the complaints from the last go round. we'll see. But I'd say that we know more about the game with the delay then we did with Graw. Graw we all kept asking into a great void of silence

I think Grin atleast have taken to heart about the complaints from the last go round

Yeah I think so too. And you can already tell from the previews.

- Open enviroments

- Indoor fighting

- Quicksaves

- More teammates

- Complete Multiplayer

- Recon/Assault mode

- Mission planning

- Direct teammates

- Objectives that can do in any order

- Random enemy spawns

Etc.

I think they have listend to us a lot so hopefully the game will turn out to be great :)

you forgot "start mission where ever you want" :D

cause i think it is seperate from mission planning... this is something NEW

I think "where every you want" has to be exaggerated by the media. There is no way they would script a mission where the player can start "where every he wants". But there could be a few options at least. ;)

you forgot "start mission where ever you want" :D

cause i think it is seperate from mission planning... this is something NEW

I think "where every you want" has to be exaggerated by the media. There is no way they would script a mission where the player can start "where every he wants". But there could be a few options at least. ;)

Yeah I thought about that too. But maybe you can start where ever you want in a specific area. That is, if the objective is in the city then you can start where ever you want outside the city.

Or maybe you can actually start WHERE EVER YOU WANT but you will probably get yourself killed if you decide to start very close to the main objective.

exaggerated or not, i am eager to find out what it is :D

cause it would make a great addition if you can plan your insertion

makes levels new every time you play them ...

(just starting in an other place you have to get your barings straight, as in spawn on leader sometimes is so disorientating, i love that feeling :D)