GRAW 2 Preview

Not much new info but atleast some confirmation on certain things.

Things like the multiplayer. The game will ship with 7 modes. Deathmatch, TDM, Siege, HH, Assault vs Recon (new mode), Campaign coop and [GR] coop.

360 degree buddy cam.

As I think you already know the helicopter scenes that tied the missions together in GRAW are gone and replaced with a classic menu where you select insertionpoint. Ex. You can be droped down on a roof from a helicopter, in the middle of the action or outside the city if you want to.

Assault vs Recon

A dead recon-player can tag enemies through his buddycam.

Apparently the magazine was wrong about something.

EDIT: One more thing. The physic enginge Havoc has been completely replaced by the Ageia physic engine. The game will completely support the Ageia physic card but I don't think it will be required to play the game. We know that already, I know but... Did you know that the physic engine is so advanced that it can make a cloth fall realistic?

Here are some pictures

Pic one:

graw2picspcgzb8.th.jpg

Three quite samll gameplay pictures. The first one is of course the tactical map with a lot of buttons :)

The second one is just a regular street fight and the third one is a street fight where you can see 6 allies.

Pic 2:

graw2pics2kj3.th.jpg

Another street fight, and Cap. Mitchell to the right.

Pic 3:

graw2todolistky1.th.jpg

The todo-list. Wall leaning :hmm:

Pic 4:

graw2bogm2.th.jpg

Mr. Andersson himself. Can someone identify the rifle?

And that's it. Thank you...

EDIT: A lot of editing, sorry about that.

Edited by Hockeystick

The todo-list. Wall leaning :hmm:
The todo-list. Server Console :ph34r:

The best part of getting the tiniest bit of press is the reckless speculation that ensues. For example:

In the third image of the first picture you link, look to the right of the red diamond. Is that green glowing circle/cylinder a placement marker for one of your teammates???

Edited by Cangaroo[TNT]

Assault vs Recon

One thing I thought about before reading this article was the tagging thing in Assault vs Recon. When a ghost die he can tag enemies. However, you're not a ghost floating around like in CS. You just lie on the ground where you died and you can't move anywhere, but you can tag enemies. That's how it works.

I feel obligated to say, that this is misquoted by the magazine and not entirely correct.

Edited by GRIN_mast

' date='Mar 7 2007, 02:57 PM' post='453805']For example:

In the third image of the first picture you link, look to the right of the red diamond. Is that green glowing circle/cylinder a placement marker for one of your teammates???

Yeah I think it is :)

I think I've read that in another articel on the net.

Assault vs Recon

One thing I thought about before reading this article was the tagging thing in Assault vs Recon. When a ghost die he can tag enemies. However, you're not a ghost floating around like in CS. You just lie on the ground where you died and you can't move anywhere, but you can tag enemies. That's how it works.

I feel obligated to say, that this is misquoted by the magazine and not entirely correct.

Hmm... misquote by the magazine or me?

EDIT: Ok, misquote by me I think :unsure:

Edited by Hockeystick

I read it somewhere else, and the impression I got was that you can use the deathcam of living teammates and tag enemies from that view.

EDIT:

LOL Hockeystick. Here it is in the other article you posted about:

They can also tag enemies so they appear on their team-mate's display, plus they get the CrossCom and stealthy weapons too. But they don't respawn; if they die, they can only help by tagging enemies from their BuddyCam.
Edited by Cangaroo[TNT]

' date='Mar 7 2007, 03:53 PM' post='453816']

I read it somewhere else, and the impression I got was that you can use the deathcam of living teammates and tag enemies from that view.

EDIT:

LOL Hockeystick. Here it is in the other article you posted about:

They can also tag enemies so they appear on their team-mate's display, plus they get the CrossCom and stealthy weapons too. But they don't respawn; if they die, they can only help by tagging enemies from their BuddyCam.

Thank you :P

Ok, I've come to the conclusion that you can tag enemies through your buddycam, if you're dead.

Edited by Hockeystick

Thanks for posting the pics Hockeystick! :)

I think we'll see some more official info on the PC version coming along next week or the week after that (after the Xbox 360 hype settle).

PS They do prime time TV commercials for the GRAW 2 Xbox 360 version here in US

Is it a SIG 551 long barrel with cheek piece and scope?

http://swissarms2.ath.cx/uploads/pics/SG-551_rechts_03.jpg

Never heard of it :P

But thank you for looking that up :)

Well, it's (obviously) Swiss.

The 551 is the carbine version and is used by German and French special forces. Probably some Swiss unit or other too and some American units (think that's more on the Policing side of things than the military side of things).

The long barrel is for launching rifle grenades. I think it's that rather than the 550 (the full length version) because I think I see three holes in the foregrip rather than 5.

And thank you for posting the information :)

Never heard of it :P

You've been under a rock...

Well I know what an AK 47 is... :ermm:

He he... The Sig rifles where very much talked about in the late 90's and first years of the millennium in the gaming world. Having been in tactical gaming since Rainbow Six it's come up a few times. ;)

Any word on shutting names off and just going reticule? point... at someone as see there name.

I also see Server info next to server console... maybe Filmflam will get his wish on more detailed server info (like who is playing and such being able to be updated on a website)

Instead of seeing Bo strike a pose with an employees (they allow private ownership of assault rifles over there?) firearm, which may or may not be modeled and included in the PC version it would be nice to see him check in here and touch base, maybe confirm that the clampdown on info for :AW2 is a Ubi decision and not an inhouse (GRINs) choice, and perhaps maybe address the release date.

It's one thing to hear it (mums the word) from the indians, and quite another from the chief.

And speaking of indians, when are GRIN_masts bona fides going to be verified?