please explain

I believe as you progress from one mission to the next the day night cycle is in realtime within the game. Since the game takes place over a course of 72 hours you would see different times of the days as you progress. I don't think it means the sun sets or rises during the same mission at least not dynamically.

I thought I saw in several videos dynamic shadows (ie growing longer as the sun moves across the sky). Although I'm sure each mission starts at a specific time of day, maybe the lighting will change depending on how long it takes you to complete the mission (though I doubt that would alter the starting time of the next mission). If it did, that would make for INCREDIBLE replayability not just for individual missions, but for the entire SP campaign.

' date='Mar 7 2007, 02:15 AM' post='453737']

I thought I saw in several videos dynamic shadows (ie growing longer as the sun moves across the sky). Although I'm sure each mission starts at a specific time of day, maybe the lighting will change depending on how long it takes you to complete the mission (though I doubt that would alter the starting time of the next mission). If it did, that would make for INCREDIBLE replayability not just for individual missions, but for the entire SP campaign.

Now that would be a great effect to add to the immersion of the game to have day change to night depending on time spent on a level, Tactics would have to change according to light levels......Please say it's true GRiN?

Only 72 hours. A mission don't take more than let say 2 hours and there are like 12 mission so that would mean... 24 hours of missions and 48 hours of sleep :P

I think it would be cool if you had a timelimit. Not a crazy timelimit of course with just 10 minutes or so, but 4 hours/mission would be nice. And with that, a real time day/night cykle :)

There were some screenies floating about, all taken at the same location but shown at different times of the day, so unless those were just another case of false (or misleading) info either there will be real-time transitions ingame or multiple missions using the same map. Flip of the coin.

I hope to see a red dawn infil turn into a bright sunny extract.

According to the writer at PC Games SWE who made a preview of GRAW 2 it IS a day/night cykle so the speculations can stop there :)

Samma bilder visas flera gånger fast med olika ljuseffekter. Kan det vara dag och natt cykeln som i 360 versionen eller kan det vara så att man får bestäma vilken tid på dygnet man ska köra uppdraget på?

The same pictures are shown several times but with different lightning. Could that be a day/night cykle as in the 360 version or will we be able to decide which time of the day to play the mission?

Dygnscykel, actually. Läs mer om GRAW2 i marsnumret!

Day/night cykle, actually. More about GRAW2 in the March number.

Edited by Hockeystick