Speed has not been increased

SeaNNyT

The speed of the character has not been sped up in any way. The running speed is exactly the same, the reason we are thinking it is faster is because of graphical illusions.

Two things are contributing to this.

1.) Lighting and sharper shadows.

2.) Lack of any upper body movement in the character compared to GRAW 1. I personally compared it last night with testing. In GRAW 1 there is a signiffigant amount of bouncing and upper body wobble when running. This creates the illusion of weight and as if you are lugging around. So when the lack of movement and complete stiffness of the upper body id applied in GRAW 2, it takes away the heavy illusion and replaces it with a quicker sense of speed.

Now whether there is a framerate problem or whether its lag causing the "skipping" so many are reporting will have to be determined in the retail version.

Edited by SeaNNyT

I came to the same conclusion about body movement and the apparent speed. In addition the sound of footfalls is significantly reduced in GRAW2 which also increases the sense of speed I think.

While "something" may be different I really don't think it is speed of th echaracter. I just ran River Depot and ran my character around for a bit then backed out and launched the demo and ran around.

Footfall seem to be quieter in the demo. Not sure if it is bacause on the demo you are on grass or if footfalls become louder on different ground cover.

Your character does not move as much while running - on River Depot there seemed to be more side to side movement of the head and upper body while moving. In the demo that seemed to b eless pronounced.

I didn't have anyone else in the room to help count or time it but seemed that I had about the same number of footfalls (steps/strides) in 10 seconds in both the Demo and GRAW.

I suspect the muted footfalls and thes ubdued movement of the characters head and torso when running are the main causes of the "floaty" feel.

Perhaps Ick can do a PDF on movement comparisons between GRAW and GRAW2 ;)

As for the running sniper headshot - if you fire while running the reticle really blooms and stays bloomed until you stop. I agree that the reticle should expand more than it does while you are moving though - it should bloom as much if not more than it does after a shot. In fact I am all in favor of no reticle until you bring the gun up (left trigger)

Well I felt the first GRAW was too fast so if it's faster or not...it's still too fast imo.

I am very much looking forward to the game though and I can deal with the speed. I do like the demo even if it feels a little on the fast side....and it's very easy on the eyes for sure.

Brain - I think you will really like the maps we are gettting. Not only are they extremly easy on the eyes they seemed much more in tune with GR gameplay - and not just Embassy ;)

Yeah I have heard that. I read someone who had the full version say that it's more in tune with the org. ghost recon maps. Looking forward to it....

I came to thesame conclusiopn about body movement and th eapparent speed. In addition the sound of footfalls is significantly reduced inGRAW2 which also increases the sense of speed I think.

Lol i just check it out, and i feel like an [idiot] :wall:

Edited by USMC Maggot

As I stated earlier for me the speed issue is when looking at other players run across the map or having to chase them.

The feel of my character moving seems ok..its seeing other guys do wind sprints from spot to spot.

As I stated earlier for me the speed issue is when looking at other players run across the map or having to chase them.

The feel of my character moving seems ok..its seeing other guys do wind sprints from spot to spot.

If your character seems to be "moving ok' and my character seems to be moving OK to me I don't see how you would perceive my character to be moving to fast? I am pretty sure we are all moving at the same speed ....

I agree that the reticle always takes me a minute ot two to get used to if I have been playing anothe rgame alot before GRAW. After a whiel I don't notice it though.

Same here. It's a bigger issue when playing after being away from the game for a while but soon I don't notice it. I'll be glad to have the left trigger focused aim again. As much as I foresee us playing this game, I don't think we'll be noticing the different reticule for quite some time after getting used to it again.

The speed of the character has not been sped up in any way. The running speed is exactly the same, the reason we are thinking it is faster is because of graphical illusions.

And the point is?

Really.....sometimes I'm thinking some of us are only playing a game in order to find something they can complain about instead for having fun! <_<