What's with all of the Chicken Little's out there?!?!?

MAX419

I may be out of line here, but it seems that there is A LOT of complaining about a game that has YET TO BE RELEASED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC!

"The chracters move too fast!"

"The frame -rate sucks!"

"Players are skipping all over the map!"

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT :wall:

All of this based on a DEMO with ONE map...

If there are still problems with the full version, by all means, complain to your heart's content....

But can we please wait???

Just a couple more days.... :thumbsup:

What's a demo for Max? Do ya think they put the demo out there thinking to themselves "no ones gonna judge GRAW 2 off of this demo"? That would be kind of stupid don't you think?

If we see issues with it why shouldn't we mention problems we feel are worth bring up with hope that they might look into it? Demos are for judgment...that's why they are put out there. They are to entice people to buy a game, no?

Sure these issues might be cleaned up before release but I see no reason to not share opinions on this board....that is what this board is for right? Or we could all pretend like GRAW has absolutely no flaws and is absolutely perfect.

You're absolutely correct BoB. It is a place to share opinions.

I just happen to be of the opinion that what is going on is analagous to reviewing a movie based on a trailer...not even a trailer, a teaser.

Maybe it's just that I have yet to see any of the problems y'all are complaining about. I see little difference, mechanics-wise, between GRAW1 and GRAW2 (besides a much smarter enemy A.I., that is).

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough...

You're absolutely correct BoB. It is a place to share opinions.

I just happen to be of the opinion that what is going on is analagous to reviewing a movie based on a trailer...not even a trailer, a teaser.

Maybe it's just that I have yet to see any of the problems y'all are complaining about. I see little difference, mechanics-wise, between GRAW1 and GRAW2 (besides a much smarter enemy A.I., that is).

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough...

Well I wasn't looking for problems either. I will say so far that it's a much better game than GRAW from a graphic standpoint and the maps seem to much better from what I have played and read from people who have the game. I'm looking forward to it myself.

That said I disagree with your comparison to a movie trailer but that's just difference of opinion I guess.

Still the speed stood out like a sore thumb to me...and evidently to others as well. But I'll still buy it...in fact I already have it paid for. I'm sure I will enjoy it very much.

i think its kinda funny how kids are already saying it sucks and its soo bad dadada...........stop complaing and wait for the game to come out...........then u can be critical........ITS A DEMO..........i have a strong feeling this is goin to be the next real tournament/clan operational game in 07.............

i think its kinda funny how kids are already saying it sucks and its soo bad dadada...........stop complaing and wait for the game to come out...........then u can be critical........ITS A DEMO..........i have a strong feeling this is goin to be the next real tournament/clan operational game in 07.............

Well why don't you show me a post that said it sucked so bad. I have yet to see that one. I see people bringing up their opinion of the demo...that is what a demo is for. Funny that you call people "kids" for sharing their opinion of the game on a message board. Kids would be the ones who get all upset because someone else has a different opinion....like yourself.

This is a message board and it's for sharing opinions so if you don't like others opinions you're in the wrong place.

And a demo is made to make a judgment from if it's not please tell me what it's for.

Man some of you guys need to grow up a little. Just because someone doesn't see things the same way as you doesn't give you the right to call them kids or bash their opinion.

No game is perfect and everyone who has played the games has an opinion...they can share it here if they like regardless of what you want to hear/read.

My very own Chicken little came over today, hes a veteran of Ghost Recon 2 and Summit Strike and GRAW.. he booted up the demo and within 10 seconds he commented on how fast his guy was running. I asked him why he said that probing to see if he had heard it else where, he said no just the guy runs to fast..

people see the flaws and just don't want them present in the full version.

Well why don't you show me a post that said it sucked so bad. I have yet to see that one. I see people bringing up their opinion of the demo...that is what a demo is for. Funny that you call people "kids" for sharing their opinion of the game on a message board. Kids would be the ones who get all upset because someone else has a different opinion....like yourself.

This is a message board and it's for sharing opinions so if you don't like others opinions you're in the wrong place.

And a demo is made to make a judgment from if it's not please tell me what it's for.

Man some of you guys need to grow up a little. Just because someone doesn't see things the same way as you doesn't give you the right to call them kids or bash their opinion.

No game is perfect and everyone who has played the games has an opinion...they can share it here if they like regardless of what you want to hear/read.

Here's the thing....is name-calling childish? Yes. I am guilty as charged w/ the 'chicken little' comment.

Look at it this way, though...just as this is a place to share opinions, as soon as I make a post, I know it's possibly going to be scrutinized...I don't have to agree with scrutiny...I can make a counter-point...THAT is what an online forum is about. How boring would this forum be if every post went unchallenged. Please don't mistake my original post as trying to squash peoples opinions. NEVER. A wise man once said, "I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." ;)

Here's the thing....is name-calling childish? Yes. I am guilty as charged w/ the 'chicken little' comment.

Look at it this way, though...just as this is a place to share opinions, as soon as I make a post, I know it's possibly going to be scrutinized...I don't have to agree with scrutiny...I can make a counter-point...THAT is what an online forum is about. How boring would this forum be if every post went unchallenged. Please don't mistake my original post as trying to squash peoples opinions. NEVER. A wise man once said, "I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." ;)

So now you're saying everyone can share their opinion because that's what this board is about and you're not trying to squash opinions??

Really? Because that's not what this says in the original post....

"If there are still problems with the full version, by all means, complain to your heart's content....

Just a couple more days...."

and

"I may be out of line here, but it seems that there is A LOT of complaining about a game that has YET TO BE RELEASED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC!"

Yeah that sounds like you're all about hearing everyone's opinion to me. Thanks for being so open-minded. w00t

Hey I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me....heck I welcome the argument but to tell people not to post complaints is ridiculous. And don't try to justify name calling there is no place for that regardless if this is an open forum or not.

And still the whole topic is completely flawed from the beginning anyway...

I still am confused on the whole "don't judge the game from the demo" thing....that IS what a demo is for.

So now you're saying everyone can share their opinion because that's what this board is about and you're not trying to squash opinions??

Really? Because that's not what this says in the original post....

"If there are still problems with the full version, by all means, complain to your heart's content....

Just a couple more days...."

and

"I may be out of line here, but it seems that there is A LOT of complaining about a game that has YET TO BE RELEASED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC!"

Yeah that sounds like you're all about hearing everyone's opinion to me. Thanks for being so open-minded. w00t

Hey I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me....heck I welcome the argument but to tell people not to post complaints is ridiculous. And don't try to justify name calling there is no place for that regardless if this is an open forum or not.

And still the whole topic is completely flawed from the beginning anyway...

I still am confused on the whole "don't judge the game from the demo" thing....that IS what a demo is for.

First, tell me where I tried to justify name-calling....seriously.

Second, tell me how someone with such a volatile temper gained the distinction of "GR.net Supporter?"

Third, if you don't want your complaints challenged on an open forum, maybe you should contact RSE directly.

Dude...I made a stern suggestion that people not complain yet....I even used the word "please."

I am no moderator....I have no power to stop people from making posts that I disagree with and I don't want to. I simply made a post conveying my opinion...PERIOD!!!

Look...I'm sorry I made the post in the first place....You're right...All the players run around like The Flash after a meth binge...there....happy???

Look...I'm sorry I made the post in the first place....You're right...All the players run around like The Flash after a meth binge...there....happy???

Nah...but this needs to end now because it's not going to go anywhere..

And I don't have a temper and I'm not angry I just disagree that's all.

Hey look man I didn't mean to get all personal on ya if that's how you are taking it. Maybe I even used bad wording but really I'll let it go now.

Nah...but this needs to end now because it's not going to go anywhere..

And I don't have a temper and I'm not angry I just disagree that's all.

Hey look man I didn't mean to get all personal on ya if that's how you are taking it. Maybe I even used bad wording but really I'll let it go now.

Right on dude....I'll let it go too...

It's called constructive criticism :thumbsup:

I think the game is great... except for 3rd person and speed/lack of upper body movement. But that's all constructive criticism. That way the developers know what we like and don't like... quite obvious.

Edited by Hockeystick

Such is the life of reading posts on a forum. Folks will read others posts and interpret them as they wish. For me none of my posts as I feel the majority of other posts here are not here as "bitching" or "whining" I'm simply giving feedback to RSE of what amounts to my opinion...which I think to date they have valued.

As far as the demo and any issues, for me Brain said it right. They release the demo for various reasons..and one of those reason is to receive feedback. The demo came out a week and before the game went gold which means what we see in the demo is going to be pretty damn close to what was cut for production copies. I really see no issue with folks giving their input. If you asked Serellan if he'd rather have guys give valid input or just sugar coat everything and blindly say everything is great, I'd think they'd want the constructive criticism from their consumers.

For me..I've been on GR games since PC days through consoles and literally have owned them all. They still continue to be my favorite series and branding. I can't wait for the game, but it is not unreasonable to ask for the "best" game possible and point out potential flawed issues. I can still love the game and do that.