graw2 pc release date

I don't know what you are talking about. I don't see nothing on their websites.

The French one still says "spring 2007" :blink:

The US one doesn't even show it in their products list :wall:

And the UK version still says it's the 30th of March 0:)

So much for this story... <_<

Not that I don't believe ya or something. Everything is indeed pointing towards a delay, which doesn't necesseraly has to be a bad thing. Though leaving their customers in the dark is! :guns:

Edited by Toniezz

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an email back from Ubi today, well the press office,

Hello,

Hope you had a good weekend.

Yes, GRAW 2 has slipped to June; it should have been updated on the web. Apologies for the confusion, it has now been corrected.

Regards

so june it is guys.

Not that I don't believe you, but before I make a rash decision and state that I will never, ever buy another Ubisoft game as long as I live, I simply need more proof than this. Can you post the original eMail, including the sender's eMail address from Ubi?

How can we confirm this through secondary channels? Rocky? WhiteKnight? I'm assuming you guys have been trying already but with this info, can we cycle back to Ubi and ask them to now confirm the info, rather than asking for an update?

I suspect this IS the case... again, just looking for that final evidence in a public Ubi statement...

-jk

Callsign 3Point

I'm not Rocky nor Whiteknight, but I know it's been pushed back to June., However, as many have already stated, it won't be believed until it comes from an official announcement from Ubi. *shrugs*

I'm not Rocky nor Whiteknight, but I know it's been pushed back to June., However, as many have already stated, it won't be believed until it comes from an official announcement from Ubi. *shrugs*

Sorry ZJJ... didn't mean to leave you off the list. :)

I don't know what you are talking about. I don't see nothing on their websites.

The French one still says "spring 2007" :blink:

The US one doesn't even show it in their products list :wall:

And the UK version still says it's the 30th of March 0:)

So much for this story... <_<

Not that I don't believe ya or something. Everything is indeed pointing towards a delay, which doesn't necesseraly has to be a bad thing. Though leaving their customers in the dark is! :guns:

http://www.ubipress.com/servlet/Authorisation?login=true log in as a guest and check release dates.

its here and the site has now been updated it was the only email i caould find to ubi that i thought i would get a reply, and i did.

Edited by JJUK

http://www.ubipress.com/servlet/Authorisation?login=true log in as a guest and check release dates.

its here and the site has now been updated it was the only email i caould find to ubi that i thought i would get a reply, and i did.

It's there, in all it's June release date glory.

And yet no published word from Ubi. We had to go find it, or push Ubi via eMail to admit it.

It's not the fact that it's been bumped from March to June, it's HOW the delay was done. Why in the world would I willingly pay $50 to a company that can't seem to offer a basic level of respect to it's consumers? When I'm disrespected by a retail outlet I choose to never shop there again. Why should we, as paying consumers of PC games, consider any different?

Conspiracy theorists might posit whether Ubi is doing this on purpose so they can later justify further reductions in the PC market, leading to an eventual pull-out. I'm not sure I can go that far... rather, I think it simply solidifies the fact that PC gaming has been relegated to the farthest back burner on the stove for Ubi.

We all choose to continue taking it and given them our money, or moving on. I'm choosing the later. I'm sorry GRiN, but even if your product is the ###### when it's released, I'm afraid I will never own it. Chalk that up not to your product, but Ubi. Might I suggest you find funding that would allow you to develop your own FPS, with your own rules of engagement for the paying consumers, and show us what a really good product you can do. As long as you're slaves to Ubi, I'm done giving them (and vicariously, you) my money.

-jk

Callsign 3Point

"Quote" Conspiracy theorists might posit whether Ubi is doing this on purpose so they can later justify further reductions in the PC market, leading to an eventual pull-out. I'm not sure I can go that far... rather, I think it simply solidifies the fact that PC gaming has been relegated to the farthest back burner on the stove for Ubi

you never know, well some do but coudlnt say.

Edited by JJUK

Ubi UK sent out their release schedule an hour ago, it shows JUNE for GRAW 2 PC, so you can expect to see this delay on gaming sites any minute now, without an official statement explaining why by the looks of it.

Conspiracy theorists might posit whether Ubi is doing this on purpose so they can later justify further reductions in the PC market, leading to an eventual pull-out. I'm not sure I can go that far... rather, I think it simply solidifies the fact that PC gaming has been relegated to the farthest back burner on the stove for Ubi.

We all choose to continue taking it and given them our money, or moving on. I'm choosing the later. I'm sorry GRiN, but even if your product is the ###### when it's released, I'm afraid I will never own it. Chalk that up not to your product, but Ubi. Might I suggest you find funding that would allow you to develop your own FPS, with your own rules of engagement for the paying consumers, and show us what a really good product you can do. As long as you're slaves to Ubi, I'm done giving them (and vicariously, you) my money.

-jk

Callsign 3Point

Well, conspiracy or not your action at the end combined with others simply adds to it dont you think? IE: if thats the idea then your one customer helping :) You "could" say its working like a charm.

Ubi UK sent out their release schedule an hour ago, it shows JUNE for GRAW, so you can expect to see this delay on gaming sites any minute now, without an official statement by the looks of it.

I think it's great that Ubi even care to update the release schedule for PC, even if so without statement. I honestly believed Ubi would do nothing at all...just let it slip silently, no updates on websites of dates, no nothing...

I'm impressed Ubi :blink:

-jk

Callsign 3Point

Well, conspiracy or not your action at the end combined with others simply adds to it dont you think? IE: if thats the idea then your one customer helping :) You "could" say its working like a charm.

Supply and Demand has a funny way of working when people actually vote with their checkbooks. Yes, I am now part of Ubi's problem... I will also no longer purchase Ubi titles for my PS2, PS3 and Xbox360 as part of my decision. I'm just one person, but imagine how many of us there are that actually own multiple platforms... and if some... just some... of us did the same thing?

Just to be clear - Am I expecting anything to change? Absolutely not... never. But I will no longer be part of the situation that continues to incent Ubi's behavior... PC gamers who willingly chock over $50 on a pre-order without any information, to say anything about actually seeing the game. That action on our part is like crack to Ubi... why should they respect us when we keep giving them money and have such low expectations in return?

This is some kind of twisted co-dependent relationship. If my mate had a relationship like this with his girlfriend I'd drag him to the pub for a few pints of bitter truth and honesty...

-jk

Callsign 3Point

I just read the news. Bummer to the max. Oh well, now I'll just play BF2142 until June I guess. :( I just hope the game is now going to be freaking awesome seeing as how GRIN now has all the time in the world to polish this turd. Hopefully they're not just sitting on the game just to get people to buy more xbox 360 consoles. We now have 2 and a half months more of GRIN NDA sanctioned silence about their own game. :ermm: I must say my interest in the game is now somewhat diminished.

Edited by Demanufakture

It would be nice if we got a DEMO or something, while we wait for the June release date.

whats with you all youve all had the demo for months now its GRAW 1 best demo out, lol :rofl:

GRAW1 as the demo? Yeah, that does feel like it has an element of truth to it...

:wall::wacko:

wonderful...it's good to see the game you have been waiting for out on one platform, but delayed on the one platform you care about...good job ubi, i hope crytek buys out all clancy titles from ubi..or valve..or just anybody but ubi and ea

Just goes to show I guess that GRIN can't keep up with Red Storm. Red Storm is obviously better suited to make GR games and this only backs that up. When I find a new job I'm going to be investing in an Xbox360. I'm tired of this crap. I'll still get the pc version when it's released, but I will be getting an xbox360 to. All games are designed on pc anyway so there is no such thing as a port to pc. They should just let red storm make the pc version since the game is being delayed anyway.

t_syitf_193.jpg:boxing:

:lolup: So true. You should email that pic to ubisoft.

Edited by Demanufakture

KretzJ posted this on the ubi GRAW forum:

"It's official: GRAW2 for the PC is a JUNE 2007 release. No, there's no official word from Ubi... we had to go find it at the UbiPress website.

http://www.ubipress.com/servlet/Authorisation?login=true

Notice how the PSP is scheduled for release b4 the PC. :hmm: Leads me to believe there are loose ends that need tying.

Demo please!!!!!

Just goes to show I guess that GRIN can't keep up with Red Storm. Red Storm is obviously better suited to make GR games and this only backs that up. When I find a new job I'm going to be investing in an Xbox360. I'm tired of this crap.

Not that I'm a GRIN fanboi... but I don't find GRAW for the X360 more "Ghost Recon" than GRAW for the PC. It's way more fast paced than [GR], it's linear and you play a hero.

Just like the PC version, which's also linear and you play a hero. Not sure if GRAW for the PC is more fast paced though. Anyway, the X360 had two dev teams (important to remember) and Red Storm only made the MP so I don't think they are better suited to make Ghost Recon games than any other developer. Besides, they have only worked on the consoles since [GR] and we all know PC and console players want different games.

All games are designed on pc anyway so there is no such thing as a port to pc. They should just let red storm make the pc version since the game is being delayed anyway.
:/ Edited by Hockeystick

wonderful...it's good to see the game you have been waiting for out on one platform, but delayed on the one platform you care about...

Once again. It's not the same game...

Just goes to show I guess that GRIN can't keep up with Red Storm. Red Storm is obviously better suited to make GR games and this only backs that up. When I find a new job I'm going to be investing in an Xbox360. I'm tired of this crap.

Not that I'm a GRIN fanboi... but I don't find GRAW for the X360 more "Ghost Recon" than GRAW for the PC. It's way more fast paced than [GR], it's linear and you play a hero.

Just like the PC version, which's also linear and you play a hero. Not sure if GRAW for the PC is more fast paced though. Anyway, the X360 had two dev teams (important to remember) and Red Storm only made the MP so I don't think they are better suited to make Ghost Recon games than any other developer. Besides, they have only worked on the consoles since [GR] and we all know PC and console players want different games.

Agreed.

All games are designed on pc anyway so there is no such thing as a port to pc.

Well... it may sound correct but it's very wrong. I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Wolfsong