So is the SAW right this time I wonder ?

Did anyone ever notice this. In the game GRAW 1 we have the MK48 that chambers a 5.56 x 45mm round. The MK 48 chambers a 7.62x 45mm round. The gun they have in GRAW is really the MK46 aka M249.

GRIN should of either changed the round size (damage) or simple changed the 8 to a 6 (thats the easiest option I'm sure)

also, I'm not complaining about this. I doesn't make much difference to me becuase I never used the thing becuase it was so extremely inaccurate.... I could really care less. I just figured maybe the developers and community would like to know.

I noticed it too. Now that we're nitpicking, I think it's actually an M249 Para rather than the Mk. 46 (though I'm sure we could all debate the differences of the two, or lack thereof, until nex year...)

*shrugs* I suppose whomever is in charge of that kind of stuff didn't know or didn't notice. I would like them to make up their mind though. As you say, it's a small detail.

Respectfully

krise madsen

I was almost positive the MK46 was the M249 ?? If they aren't then they are extremely similar are they not ?

Yes, very similar. The Mk. 46 is derived from the M249. It has various modifications requested by SOF, notably to make it lighter (magazine feed option deleted, as I recall). In standard configuration it has a solid stock and a (roughly) standard length barrel, though you could probably fit the shorter Para barrel and sliding stock. BTW, the latest modification (to the Para) is apparently a modified M4 telescoping stock which, as far as I've understood, has recived mixed reviews.

Respectfully

krise madsen

yes ;)

Huh? :huh:

Respectfully

krise madsen

I think he answered the topic header. :thumbsup:

Did anyone ever notice this.

GRIN should of either changed the round size (damage) or simple changed the 8 to a 6 (thats the easiest option I'm sure)

I just figured maybe the developers and community would like to know.

He either meant that he did notive this, that GRIN did change the round size, or that the developers and the community would like to know :)

Edited by Hockeystick

yes ;)

Huh? :huh:

Respectfully

krise madsen

I think he answered the topic header. :thumbsup:

Did anyone ever notice this.

I just figured maybe the developers and community would like to know.

He either meant that he did notive this, that GRIN did change the round size, or that the developers and the community would like to know :)

I was more referring to the topic header.

So is the SAW right this time I wonder ?

Well, just judging by the ingame look and caliber I'd say that what we had in GR:AW was an M249 SPW, not an Mk48 or Mk46.

GR:AW Mk48 <_<

Grin%20GRAW%20(17).jpg

M249 SPW

fn_minimi_spw.jpg

Both the Mk46 and Mk48 has a different top heatshield with a picatinny rail ontop and the GR:AW weapons just doesn't have that :P

Besides....give me a good ole MAG58/M240 anyday over it's smaller cousins. There's nothing that's a too heavy weapons....just soldiers in need of more pushups. I'm a midget at 5'9 and a mere 120lbs and I could still haul and shoot the thing comfortably.

Besides....give me a good ole MAG58/M240 anyday over it's smaller cousins. There's nothing that's a too heavy weapons....just soldiers in need of more pushups. I'm a midget at 5'9 and a mere 120lbs and I could still haul and shoot the thing comfortably.

Right there with ya. I was assigned the M249 and the Mark 19 for my weapons...yah, I've been there...lol

• 4 weeks later...

Doh! Well, if you ever needed evidence that I only have half a brain, this thread is it. It wasn't until I tried to identify a similar (no, make that identical!) weapon that it dawned on me that this is in fact the FN Minimi SPW (AFAIK, really a modified original Minimi rather than an M249). Damn if I ain't getting old! :rolleyes:

Completely unimportant and irrelevant of course, but at least I've convinced the last doubters that I am truly an idiot :wall:

Respectfully

krise madsen