RB6 Vegas Digimask feature to map your face onto your multiplayer char

OSPerry

With the customizable multiplayer creation in RB6 Vegas, I would have figured that GRAW 2 would have went this direction, at least borrowing some ideas from it, it seems like it was a pretty popular feature, in that a lot of people liked it in concept. Why not have the digimask tech in GRAW 2 to enable you to use the vision camera to map your own face on to your character in GRAW2? Do the studios who created GRAW 2 and RB6 Vegas not talk? Since they are both Ubisoft/Clancy games, you would have thought this feature would have made it in. Or some code would have been easily shared. Opinions?

I thought this was a pretty cool concept, and helped validate the purchase of the Vision Camera. Only 2 games use it currently correct? World Series of Poker and RB6 Vegas? I liked the RB6 multiplayer customizable options and would have thought this feature would have been picked up by GRAW2, especially it being a sequel, it being after the camera's release, wow factor, it being an Ubisoft title. Seems like these studios don't talk much to one another.

What do/did you think of RB6 Vegas Vision Cam Custom face option. Buggy yes, didn't work at first yes, but would have been a cool bell/whistle for GRAW2.

exactly, sometimes too much customization can be a bad thing. a lot of people got carried away in r6 vegas. i like the way recon approaches combat customization based on the map or mission and not to mention realism. i really don' t wanna see someone wearing purple or pink camo in a forrest or jungle rich map.

Agreed. I scanned my face in, played 5 games, then went back to the standard gal's face. I would much rather look at her.

It is a novelty that detracts from the game....and like somebody said....I would rather have them spend that time developing an additional map than screwing with this feature.

For that matter, custom skinds and colors I feel the same way about. Sure it is neat...but spend more time on what matters....not the ability for me to come up with camo colors that match my favorite NFL team.

With the customizable multiplayer creation in RB6 Vegas, I would have figured that GRAW 2 would have went this direction, at least borrowing some ideas from it, it seems like it was a pretty popular feature, in that a lot of people liked it in concept. Why not have the digimask tech in GRAW 2 to enable you to use the vision camera to map your own face on to your character in GRAW2? Do the studios who created GRAW 2 and RB6 Vegas not talk? Since they are both Ubisoft/Clancy games, you would have thought this feature would have made it in. Or some code would have been easily shared. Opinions?

I thought this was a pretty cool concept, and helped validate the purchase of the Vision Camera. Only 2 games use it currently correct? World Series of Poker and RB6 Vegas? I liked the RB6 multiplayer customizable options and would have thought this feature would have been picked up by GRAW2, especially it being a sequel, it being after the camera's release, wow factor, it being an Ubisoft title. Seems like these studios don't talk much to one another.

What do/did you think of RB6 Vegas Vision Cam Custom face option. Buggy yes, didn't work at first yes, but would have been a cool bell/whistle for GRAW2.

The function was definitely cool, yes but you might consider the following:

- the game is using a completely different engine, than the one used for Vegas

- the Team is a completely different one

- the devs had to meet their publisher's release date

- if the game would use all features of the previous Tom Clancy Title - what would be unique?

- if the game would use all features of the previous Tom Clancy Title - what would be unique?

they're 2 separate games with 2 separate styles. vegas is arcady and the recon is more tactical, imo. the only thing i would like to see brought over from r6 would be the WEAPON customization and reticle sensitivity setting. i believe those 2 things would not upset the integrity of ghost recon and it's fans. nothing else should be copied, otherwise we could just call it RAINBOW RECON.

Edited by ITI SERPICO IVI