GRAW 2 Demo out now

methz68

downloading now....im surprised how small the demo is in size, 313.89mb??

Oooh new camo, french, japanese, Russia, german, Austrailian, british and Canadian.

Can't customize your character

When you join a lobby already in play you can't view the game, it is as previous.

MP5's can not be selected as secondary weapons

Coop mission is approx same size as chapter 1

If your incapacitated, the enemy will not ignore you and will finish you off if you in view

Edited by Calgar99

downloading now....im surprised how small the demo is in size, 313.89mb??

that's probably why you can't do a lot of things. that is kind of small now that i think about it . i hope the mp5 will be available in the the final build. graphically i heard it was phenominal. much improved from the 1st graw.

I enjoyed the demo, though 10 minutes for mission is short. I guess that way we save actually finishing it for the full version (unless we get really good at it in 10 days).

Now, about that knee slide every time you go to crouch while moving at anything faster than a slow walk... :nono:

I suppose I'll get used to it. Though 4 other people complained about it also in the short time I played this morning.

The improved lighting and shadowing is fantastic. The overall feel of the demo maps is very good as well. We have been given some woodland terrain again. :thumbsup:

Takedown. Like Sharpshooter, but one player is designated as the team officer, has a glowing skull over his head, and is worth more points to kill. Conversely, the officer gets more points per kill than other team members.

Mission - but it is limited to 10 minutes, so you probably won't finish the mission.

Very happy with the demo..much thanks to UBI and company for pushing this out for us.

Didnt find really any big negatives with it. Lots of positives though. The graphic updates are real real nice. The shadowing effects of the blowing trees above are great. Lots of new weapons added and most seem pretty unique. The new frontrunner might be the Mk14 for me though. Although I do love the silenced .50 cal. The new player models look fantastic..Nice work dev team. Also like that they added the additional cammo and option to turn off or on the kill cam. Hate that thing!

The new map is also really solid. Good mix of elevation change, outdoor forest with some buildings tossed in. Lots of attack paths which they promised as well.

All in all great job..i think this will go a long way to sway any naysayers or folks on the fence with picking this up. Its more than just a new mission update or GRAW1.1. With the new clan support, new graphics, missions, maps and gameplay options it's a must have.

Cya all online.

my vies so far.

overall i like it but

by 3 Pm eastern time in the US. people already played it enough all day that they pathetically had the entire map memorized and slaughtered everyone. people need to get lives. you have to find a room with new people in.

also, way too dark and I cant adjust the brightness in game...or at least i didnt find any option to. i'm running around turning the night vision on and off. ill have to custom adjust one of the settings on my tv. but i only have like 5 more notches to go before its as bright as it can go

my vies so far.

overall i like it but

by 3 Pm eastern time in the US. people already played it enough all day that they pathetically had the entire map memorized and slaughtered everyone. people need to get lives. you have to find a room with new people in.

also, way too dark and I cant adjust the brightness in game...or at least i didnt find any option to. i'm running around turning the night vision on and off. ill have to custom adjust one of the settings on my tv. but i only have like 5 more notches to go before its as bright as it can go

Hit the start button choose in game options then scroll down to brightness.

I agree...at 0 brightness it was REAL Dark..but i bumped mine up to 4 and it looks fine.

my vies so far.

overall i like it but

Hit the start button choose in game options then scroll down to brightness.

I agree...at 0 brightness it was REAL Dark..but i bumped mine up to 4 and it looks fine.

yup, thats exactly what i did lol. I went and jumped on right after that post and saw it, and i set it to 3 and i was like "aah, thats ok" , then I went to 4 and it seemed to bleech the normal colors out but lit up the darker ones better.... so basically I'm not real super happy about that. because i have to leave it on 4 to see but i'm not enjoying the full color brilliance.

I'm starting to get better at the map, i have the very most basic layout in my head of the place but i still have zero clue where all the good camp spots are,.... oh wait i'll set my UAV for infrared to pick up the campers camp fires.

Edited by JasonFMX

That is annoying.

also, more downpoints. its like your walking on rubber balls or springs... your always bouncing around. you cant just walk and stop.. your always swaying and moving around.

I'm noticing bugs. disconnects, and windows partially popping up and going away real quick.

Rather than writing a reactionary review of the demo, I decided to play for a while before making any comments.

I'm glad I did; the more I play the demo, the more I like it.

The first thing I'd like to congratulate RSE on is NO MORE SCREEN TEAR!!!! Wooohooo!!!! w00t

Also, the AI is vastly improved. The rebels must have taken marksmanship classes or something.

The only negative thing I noticed is that there is still some pop-in with elements in the landscape.

I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it does. :blush:

Oh yeah...one other thing. When you have the option to climb over something, instead of saying "climb," it says "Clamber." Is this a foreign translation of the word "climb," or did the guys at RSE get a Word-aDay calendar for Christmas? :huh:

Ok..while my first post was done here after playing the demo for about 45 minutes in the afternoon and all was glowing I did manage to put in about 2hrs on it lastnight with some buddies and have some constructive suggestions that I'd like to post:

- Voice issues when players first connect into the lobby. You can hear everyone else but can't talk. Once the round started about a minute or two in they were then able to talk to everyone

- Character animation for running. The players run waaay too fast. Almost inhumanly fast. Not sure why they bumped up the speed so much but if u sit back and watch someone run across an open area its almost funny. For me this promotes a ton of running as you got a great chance of staying alive if u keep burning around non stop.

- Reticule sensitivity. The reticule seems "heavy". It seems very slow to respond when trying to turn side to side. We're able to run fast as flash but can only turn to the side very sluggishly.

- Lots of lag. We tried in 3 different rooms of guys that normally host 16 without any problem. Two of the 3 rooms were lag fests for about half of the guys in running at 12. The crazy part was depending on the room it only affected certain guys, but as i said normally there was no lag in either room on previous GRAWS

- Audio issues when first playing the game. A few of the players when the round would first start would have no sound effects at all. No gun fire no footsteps no ambiance nothing...just the action music. After the round ended and started a new round the audio came back fine for them.

I'm still in the camp of loving the game without a doubt. The good outweighs the bad for sure and I realiez the game has gone gold already so no immediate fix is possible but maybe some of these things can be tweaked with a patch. If i had to rate them the two audio issues would be first, followed by the lag, then the running too fast.

Thanks for listening.

Osok

The game only went gold the other day, so I assume they was tweaking up till that point. The demo could have old in terms of builds? and would not have had the little tweaks the final game would have.

My 2nd xbox is stable and maybe crashes once a week if that, but I did notice that in the course of one day it crashed 4 times on just after loading the campaign. like a blur of the whole screen and a lock up, and a really loud noise that had me jump out of my skin, must have left the chair by oh 3 foot lol. also crashed a number of times on MP with what I could describe as a test signal with more lines down the screen.and a kind a data noise. I hope its not my xbox!

I have faith that its only cos its a demo and in the final I won't get these crashes.. like I say the noise scared the life out of me.. plus I had my speakers up to enjoy the game.

I liked the way the game felt, my weapon choice has now changed sticking with the storm now.. really enjoyed the gamemode.. the shadows are great for me, it allows you to move without being spotted, didnt notice any spawn problems AT ALL. some did have some lag problems someone was using claymores and when one went off the splitscreeners said everything stopped for a short while..

Minor point the water looked a little weird seemed to be flowing at one speed but the movement on top was speeded up, and noticed slowdown when you took out a truck with a few guys around it.

All my friends are still playing it, and so will I be after this.

Plus it made me laugh last night when people would come and play a few games and then complain to the host "will you please use another map" what do people expect? the whole game in "DEMO" form..

We noticed some comms issues in a fullroom. Some people not hearing everone etc. Not sure how much may have been due to the host connection or Demo build but hopefully comms are smooth.

I have read all the posts on this and many other forums......yes there are issues and yes the knee slide can be a little frustrating at times (we will all grow to love it in time) HOWEVER.......my biggest point is this........

The versus map was fantastic!!!!!!!

IMO the versus map had great balance great graphics but most of all it had cover and lots of it. I often went minutes without getting a clear look at another player.....great, we can now move about the map with some stealth. OK, the game mode was a little run and gun, respawns and the 'Takedown' mode did nothing for the stealth player....the orange glow rings and skull flashing above my head pretty much blew my cover....lol.....but still fun as hell!!!

I for one cannot wait until the final build is ready (March 9th....is that UK or US?)....LMS and siege with the IFF toggled off.......NIIIIIIICE!!!! (in Borats voice)

Edited by ReapeR eXe

We noticed some comms issues in a fullroom. Some people not hearing everone etc. Not sure how much may have been due to the host connection or Demo build but hopefully comms are smooth.

I for one cannot wait until the final build is ready (March 9th....is that UK or US?)....LMS and siege with the IFF toggled off.......NIIIIIIICE!!!! (in Borats voice)

March 9th for the UK,

PMSL @ "NIIIIIIICE!!!! (in Borats voice)"

Didn't play it too much since I don't want to over do it like I did Rainbow before launch. From what I saw the game is *incredible*. I loved the map, the sounds everything was well done. I didn't notice comm problems, but then I was in there when we had 14 max I think. Might not have noticed who I couldn't hear if that was going on. I'm very impressed with what they've done here. If the MP maps are all of this quality and we have enough *large* maps, as well as these mid-sized maps, this thing is a huge success.