Maps

Hockeystick

Unfortunately is Operation Market Garden quite unbalanced. A quite common problem when people create maps is that they put in to many strategic points on the map. Especially fuel points which the Germans benefit from since they have the best tanks.

Edited by Hockeystick

I've played some of FlakNinja's maps, those are mostly good.

Sadly, the ###### multiplayer keeps saying "Stoffi Dropped" (My friend was dropped from the game), and it tells him "Foxtrot360 Dropped". This is really irritating and I wonder if the patch has anything to do with it. I know it can lag but for an RTS game to drop a player I think thats pretty bad. Unless its just some other problem with us. So I havent been able to play long battles on maps.

I wish there were more maps with a way of like... less chokepoints, less linear ways, for example, one of the CoH Campaign maps, it has some destroyable walls and such but you'd never notice unless you thought about it and threw a satchel charge or ran it over with a tank. That was an alternate way of getting somewhere instead of just following an alley and going through alot of enemies.

Yeah about the 1.5 patch.

I've noticed a pretty irritating bug where I can't start the game after I've played the game at least twice I think (not really sure) without restarting the computer or logging out.

When I try to start the game it crash and a bug report comes up that can't be closed if I don't send a bug report (no it's not the windows bug report, it's something else). The only thing I can do to get around this problem is to restart the computer or log out of my account.

Anyone else seen this bug?

Edited by Hockeystick

• 1 month later...

Has anyone of you guys made any custom maps yet?

I'm thinking about making one some time. I've just made a test map and realized that it's quite easy really. Just make a starting point for both teams and an entry/exit point (otherwise reinforcements can't enter the map) for both teams.

Note that you don't have to create an HQ through the building list, just a starting point.

Yeah I am gonna give my try at making a beach assault map I think.

I think I agree with Kamikazi when he says "I find they either put in way to many strat points, or they make way to many choke points and the such and the map just isn't fun. People just don't understand the "less is more" adage.".

Edited by Foxtrot360

You should be able to put the SP missions maps out as MP ones. That's what we did for the DoW series (also by Relic). You just need to unpack the maps.sga archive (I have the tool here that will unpack DoW .sga's, it also works for CoH .sga's), then pull out the SP mission maps. Then fire up the map editor and load up the map. You need to take out things like the AI scripts and such and add in as many player start points etc as you wish.

Can't you just save them under

C:\Program\THQ\Company of Heroes\WW2\Data\Scenarios\mp ?

Indeed you can (seems to be the same folder structure as DoW), but I was talking about converting the SP missions maps to MP in my previous post. The SP maps are stored in a .sga archive which you will need to unpack in order to be able to use them in the map editor.

Edited by WytchDokta