fences

I see some GRAW2 screenshots with those wooden fences in odd places again, GRIN can you please remove them, maybe ad some bushes or so, if gameplaywise the sight should be blocked, but putting fences in the middle of nowhere........was one of the things I disliked in GRAW1.... I know sniping thrugh fences, or blowing them is fun, but please use the fences only in the proper places (around buildings and such) but not in the middle of nowhere :thumbsup:

You've never been to the States have you? We have fences in the middle of nowhere here. Really.

It's true.....out here in Aurora, Colorado there are way more fences than there are in the cities of GRAW. Way more. They're even wood as well. When I lived in Green Bay, Wisconsin though, there were rarely any fences around except the occasional house here and there.

some ppl will whine about anything, just cos they can. get over it forrester.....that complaint is just pathetic.

I dunno. [GR] was known for its realism, the plowed fields, the way you could move thrugh bushes.....Why wouldn't there be cactusses in GRAW since it is Mexico, that could be nice and nasty, get yourself stuck in the needles....lol

but those fences just tsanding there are one of the very few things that I don't like, the others are known by now, but I haven't seen much posts about the environment. I have seen all screenshots on GRAW2 that are avaliable, and the stranded cars, litter showing up 5 feet in front of you seem to be gone, now if only those needless fences, and there are just a few I guess (GRAW1 maps ported only?) just replace them with a bush or so and I am happy, and so may eb many others. I am not someone that complains about nothing, I have been a GRAW fanboy since the beginning......so please leave me have one point..... :please::notworthy::harhar:

Edited by Forrester

Before anoyone continues to jump on Forrester, maybe they need to realise that what he's asking for isn't anything that hasn't been brought up before. alot of us asked for more "rural" maps like [GR] with brush but that was before we found out that this GRAW2 would be located in the US/Mex border.

I see some GRAW2 screenshots with those wooden fences in odd places again, GRIN can you please remove them, maybe ad some bushes or so, if gameplaywise the sight should be blocked, but putting fences in the middle of nowhere........was one of the things I disliked in GRAW1.... I know sniping thrugh fences, or blowing them is fun, but please use the fences only in the proper places (around buildings and such) but not in the middle of nowhere :thumbsup:

It's the ghetto man, they can only afford half or quarter of a fence. When they cross the border and come back to the US and work at a landscaping company, they might be able to afford another 10' of fence.

Give'em time.

Death

how do you expect to keep cattle IN and Goblins OUT? Fences that appear in the middle of no where are likely property lines. good fences make good neighbors.

how do you expect to keep cattle IN and Goblins OUT? Fences that appear in the middle of no where are likely property lines. good fences make good neighbors.

Cmon, you are away from any building, move around a rock, and there is a fence!

<_<

Any abandonded fence in Mexico would be swiped!

Extra rocks and dried bushes would be good to see.

Tinker

:)

I don't think Forrester's objection is as much about city versus country as it is about realism versus expedient map design. Those fences have no basis in reality; they're pretty clearly there to serve as cover, and not much else.

Is it a nitpick? Yeah, probably. Does this community tend to let anything slide with regards to realism? Given the high percentage of forum posts that are arguments over the relative effectiveness of different bullet sizes, I think it's fair to answer "no, not really." Those fences are to GRAW what random gigantic wooden crates are to almost every CS map; an easy, generic way to break up open spaces.

It's just about keeping the level designers at GRIN honest--if I wasn't a total MAWG I'd say it was about keeping it real, but that'd just sound silly.

If you spray them long enough they will fall apart.

I have done it with the H-scar some times. The problem is that when you got a clear sight of the enemy on the other side of the fence, then your 20 round mag is often empty!

And I'm problably on that other side....LOL :D (not at the moment my dvd drives don't work!, cannot play GRAW :wacko::wacko: )

Be glad that GR:AW2 ain't set in australia...as soon as you hit populated areas there's colourbond fences asfar as the eye can see!

Here's your average Aussie backyard

Colorbond-Fence.jpg

2 meter high sheetmetal fences all over the place :blink:

:blink: Why, oh, why, would one want to have such a backyard??? :blink:

èèèèèèwww :x

Though I do agree on the topic. Bit strange it is indeed some of those fences! Heck, just play [GR] :P !