Realistic missions needed

zeroalpha

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SeALZ Europe is playing a tourney match tonite. After that the 2nd mission of SR2003 will be made public. It might show up in the news section. At least you will find it in the "Clans And Ladders" section of this forum. There is a dedicated SR2003 topic there.

Look for the release of the mission 2 there later tonite.

Hey, i have another realistic mission for ya, how this sound, sneak around on an enemy beach past baddies with your sniper and his #2 till you see a hacienda and you assassinate some guy in it. sounds easy? just blast yer way through? well what about limiting your kills to 3 so the enemy guards don't come onto your plan and kill you? then after you kill him survive an enemy onslaught to escape or just run like hell before they come near you.

For more details read the Sinper Cannon Mod: Sniper Missions Needed (or something similar) page 2 for more details. Not realistic? then call me a [idiot] and disregard me.

I have just finished making an assassination mission for my upcoming campaign. It's an up close and personal one where you have to sneak past patrolling guards into a house to execute the guy. Instead of limiting kills which many people hate, I have made it so that if you go in with a squad, all guns blazing, the badies will come from all directions along with armoured support, plus your quarry will make a dash for freedom. Should encourage the stealth method I think :devil:

Instead of limiting kills which many people hate

Lol yeah they love the "kill the rest of the enemies" objectives. Nice solution Jack. I used that one in SR2003 mission 1. Sneak past the Russians unsseen and they are happy. Shoot a couple of them and you have their 24 Spetznaz buddiez along with their 2 T80's on yer neck. Choose metod yerself. :D

Another solution is to split the mission in 1 stealthy part (comes first hehe) and then a fire and forget part in the end where u actually have to blaze the guys you had to sneak past in the beginning. An assasination mission would be perfect for that.

When SR2003 is done I will play through your campaigns Jack. Looking forward to it.

Edited by Chavez

Hello

I have an idea of what you are saying. I think the missions provided with Ghost Recon are good to fair. The general structure of many of the missions are good building blocks. But when it comes to the nitty gritty of path making, AI changes and such many of them are a re-run of the mission you just played. I think realizim and fun playing should be integrated. A couple of simple examples- the assualt on the mountian stronghold- as usual after taking out perimeter gaurds(which is always easy considering the viewing distance always allows you to see them before they see you)-you take down on of the guys at a stationary machine gun atop the wall. Does the whole base go on alert? Nope. Nothing. You have to get into the base before people start running. Just like the traning base. Sure, alot of the guards run around catch you by suprise at the base when the shooting starts, but when you go "house to house" you find these morons still inside, just waiting to ambush you. Then you have to die five times until you figure out where exactly each guy is so you get the jump on him. They should have busted out of those buildings, either on the run or forming unified defensive positions. The campaign I am working on is more solid combat than recon, but the same applies. Its easy to throw a couple of dumb guards down hiking seperate paths around a point of interest that merely either kill you if they see you, or you kill them first and then acheive your objctive shortly after. It takes effort and playtesting to make a working infrastructure of guards patrolling, men just hanging about, brass maybe too. Then if your discovered, a defensive, offensive or both plan is executed by the enemy. All of this dependant partially on the expertise of the enemy. Dumb cot filled somalies might run right at you, while elite russian spetz natz might take up defensive positions and call in reinforcements. Have I helped or bored you to death?

Goodbye

These sniper mods sound great, i'll be getting ready to download. Moving in covertly with your sniper teams is a lot more challenging than running around with all guns blazing.

One shot, one kill. yeah!

While were talking covert, there is a point I would like to address in some mods enemy's A.I. to improve realism. If you take out a lone sentry with a suppressed weapon you find a load of his mates come running over, which kind of ruins the point of using a silenced weapon. On the other hand, when you use the same weapon to take out an enemy in view of his comrades they don't react but just stand still waiting for you to plug them aswell. I don't have the skill to make a mod myself so I won't criticize those who do, just thank those who make theirs as realistic as possible.

It takes effort and playtesting to make a working infrastructure of guards patrolling, men just hanging about, brass maybe too. Then if your discovered, a defensive, offensive or both plan is executed by the enemy.

SR2003 missions have a lot of those reactions in them. Have u tested them?