GRAW 2 Embassy map for 360

I know this is for the 360. But thought I'd post here in the PC sections as most [GR] fans only read the PC threads. Just saw this, that the 360 version of GRAW2 has the Embassy map from [GR] revisited.

check out the youtube video, it looks so good. I wish it would come to PC GRAW2.

Embassy map: in-game footage (apologies for the flash bang let off about 1min 26secs in)

Embassy Map video (part 2):

Edited by unwritt3n

Didn't an article say that the PC version will be getting all of the same maps as in the 360 version? I thought I remember seeing that. If that is the case, I can't wait to play it!

NO

Quote from link post above: UBi UK talk:

Nouredine Abboud: We're keeping some of the more popular modes from GRAW 1, modes like Siege and Hamburger Hill. Some of the maps will be carried over from the 360 too, as we feel these are the maps that work best in the multiplayer. However, we are also creating some PC-specific maps and even a specific mode - Assault vs Recon

I hope it will include "Embassy" but knowing our luck it will not :blink: Give us a hint GRIN :grin2:

If there is one map I hate more than any other in GR it is Embassy. Maybe hate is to strong a word, but dislike just doesn't seem to fit.

For SP and Coop games, it is OK to play on, but for TvT, it totally sucks. This was one map that the team lucky enough to spawn near the hotel, could camp out in the hotel and not be routed. There was no possible way to counter a camper who decided to squat at the end of the hallway opposite the door and just pick people off as they tried to run through it. You could not toss a grenade in the window to kill him, the player was far enough away to avoid being wounded or killed.

Some of you will say that you shouldn't let someone up there to begin with, but that is not always possible. 2 hours to lose due to someone camping there makes for a sour TvT experience.

This goes to level design that allows gamers to have ways to counter the camper in my example above. No place should be considered safe from assault.

This was one map that the team lucky enough to spawn near the hotel, could camp out in the hotel and not be routed. There was no possible way to counter a camper who decided to squat at the end of the hallway opposite the door and just pick people off as they tried to run through it. You could not toss a grenade in the window to kill him, the player was far enough away to avoid being wounded or killed.

That annoyed me as well. :whistle:

This goes to level design that allows gamers to have ways to counter the camper in my example above. No place should be considered safe from assault.

Embassy wasn't designed as an MP map. It was designed for SP/Coop. But for MP designed maps I agree.

I know that Embassy wasn't meant to be a TvT map, but it turned out that way. Look how many people or even servers that always asked or had it running. The best large MP map for me had to be Vilnious as far as urban maps go. There was not one place I can think of that a gamer was safe. If someone holed up in the store, you could be countered by 2 ways of entering the store. If you tried to hole up in the embassy, you could be fragged or rocketed (if there was someone with an AT4) out of it.

Embassy was good for Hambuger Hill (before they moved the base) and AT Wars (started on my server so long ago and spread elsewhere), but for any sort of competition or LMS games, it truly stunk. Sorry John.

Embassy wasn't designed as an MP map. It was designed for SP/Coop. But for MP designed maps I agree.

Hopefully they are doing the same thing, and we get some co-op fun out of the good old embassy.

<_<

Does this mean that there will be opening/closing doors in PC GR:AW2? :clapping:

There will be more indoor fighting, that's for sure :)

According to some previews anyway.

Man I'm not thinking before posting today :wacko:

Of course there should be be more indoors stuff, there is the housienda map after all...

OT

The problem is the Campers...no tthe map.
I like to camp.

Nothing wrong in camping, it's fun for the whole family, not to mention alot easier on the digits [prolonged depressing of Right Shift+Up+Mouse0 has been known to produce Carpal Tunnel].

Now sitting immune in a glitched portion of a map is an entirely different story, that's just wrong and needs its own derogatory term.