Small adjustments

Dustuna

Im still a rookie with scripting and making map layouts so im often making a mistake that shows up when i try to launch the map within the game.

Is it nessasary to correct the file and then "export" the map with the editor and wait another 2 hours fore the lightmapping to finish?

Is there a quicker way to change values in the bundlefile or is it possible to somehow only "export" the file you changed with the editor. If the bundle extractor had a save function it would be easy i guess?

If you change the layout of the map itself i guess you DO need to redo the lightmapping process or the item will be invisible?

right now i just need to correct the mission xml file because i forgot some quotes :x:

Can i manually use the bundle creator the editor uses? then i could put the corrected file into the bundle with the existing lightmapping.

I appreciate any help thanks.

Edited by Dustuna

Im still a rookie with scripting and making map layouts so im often making a mistake that shows up when i try to launch the map within the game.

Is it nessasary to correct the file and then "export" the map with the editor and wait another 2 hours fore the lightmapping to finish?

Is there a quicker way to change values in the bundlefile or is it possible to somehow only "export" the file you changed with the editor. If the bundle extractor had a save function it would be easy i guess?

If you change the layout of the map itself i guess you DO need to redo the lightmapping process or the item will be invisible?

right now i just need to correct the mission xml file because i forgot some quotes :x:

Can i manually use the bundle creator the editor uses? then i could put the corrected file into the bundle with the existing lightmapping.

I appreciate any help thanks.

You can't export only part of a mission/map files from the editor.

I haven't had need to rebundle anything, but I think the bundle tool can do that. If so you only need to unbundle, edit and then rebundle. You only need new lightmaps if you move anything (non human or vehicle) on the map. If you don't the shadows will be wrong, but everything will be visible.

I never had this problem as I was only working on override mission scripts while testing out all the element types, so I never had any bundles at all.

I dont know what you mean by overriding the mission script? but nevermind im testing my map without light rendered. The map looks wierd (almost all black) but its ok when im just testing to see if it runs. when im done ill do the rendering.

Thanks fore your fast reply

I dont know what you mean by overriding the mission script? but nevermind im testing my map without light rendered. The map looks wierd (almost all black) but its ok when im just testing to see if it runs. when im done ill do the rendering.

Thanks fore your fast reply

I did the same. Only needed to use night vision when testing the maps.

As for override. It's when your using the local folders. They override the quick and patch bundles. It's the only way to get new SP and Coop missions into the game.