Any details on SP in GRAW2?

A few weeks ago I walked away from GRAW2 because I saw it as a $50 bug fix / expansion pack for GRAW, a game many of you know I'm not terribly happy with.

Now some of the PC-centric previews have caught my attention (yes, I was just lurking the past few weeks... but that's another topic...). But what I am not seeing is much info specific to SP. I know some of the material covered in the previews touches both SP and MP (and that's good), but I mostly play SP and I'm hoping for a less scripted feel from GRAW2 than I got with GRAW in SP mode. I hate to bring up the [GR] comparison, but I want the freedom in SP to do a mission any way I see fit (I guess I want both the "single mission" AND "campaign" options, like [GR] has).

Anyone have any material you can link to, or heck, start a discussion on? I know MP is where the money is for sales of retail boxes but there has to be SOME of us SP people left, right? Please? :)

Thanks!

-jk

Callsign 3Point

I can't find a link, but I know it was discussed in this forum. Here are a few items off the top of my head:

1. Pick your insertion point

2. Multiple objectives, complete them in any order, some are optional

3. Enemy spawn is random and changes each time you load

4. Quick saves except during a firefight

5. Tactical map during mission briefing where you can select squad & loadout, and set waypoints.

Here you go:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41454

Edited by Cangaroo[TNT]

GRAW 2 have way more freedom than GRAW. The battlefields are be huge and you can complete the objectives in any order you want.

You can pick your teammates before the mission. You can plan the mission with waypoints etc. You can pick your insertionpoint.

The team-AI is impressive according to the previews. They seek cover all the time and they act differently depending on their mode (recon or assault). You can order them around through the cross com 2.0 and you can give them waypoints through the map.

The enemies spawn at random locations.

Quicksaves are back but you can only save when you're not in a firefight.

Read the preview from Aftonbladet translated by Peace here.

IGN preview here.

Bit-tech preview here (ignore the 360 screens).

Edited by Hockeystick

A few weeks ago I walked away from GRAW2 because I saw it as a $50 bug fix / expansion pack for GRAW, a game many of you know I'm not terribly happy with.

Now some of the PC-centric previews have caught my attention (yes, I was just lurking the past few weeks... but that's another topic...). But what I am not seeing is much info specific to SP. I know some of the material covered in the previews touches both SP and MP (and that's good), but I mostly play SP and I'm hoping for a less scripted feel from GRAW2 than I got with GRAW in SP mode. I hate to bring up the [GR] comparison, but I want the freedom in SP to do a mission any way I see fit (I guess I want both the "single mission" AND "campaign" options, like [GR] has).

Anyone have any material you can link to, or heck, start a discussion on? I know MP is where the money is for sales of retail boxes but there has to be SOME of us SP people left, right? Please? :)

Thanks!

-jk

Callsign 3Point

I totally hear you and I sorta agree with you, BUT, In comparison to Vegas, which has MEGA problems, I give thumbs up to GRIN and GRAW 2. :g_withgrin:

I have the feeling from them that our patience will be well worth it.

And I hope you feel the same way. Wonder over to the Vegas forums and you will see, it's a Bubi disaster.

Death