developer diary 3 is up..

5timechamp

gametrailers link.

again its SP...

btw check in on teamxbox and all these sites..they keep posting up misleading/conflicting MP info..

teamxbox reports 14 mp maps and 6 co-op maps...this confusion should be cleared up..specially since the total number of play spaces is higher (at least from what we've been given to understand..

btw.. the video itself is pretty dull nothing really in terms of things which affect gameplay...most info is common sense stuff.

hopefully friday will bring the co-op portion of MP to the forefront...

Edited by 5timechamp

Now, was that the PC version or the console? it looked like a console version.

but if GRIN pulls off what they've shown in the video for the PC, oh what a treat!

Added: I think PC now as i remember the dev team speaking...swedish? :hmm: hard to say with the voice translator..

i noticed no R6 vegas peek so far. so that's good.

but open rural areas? sweeeeeeeeeet!

I think my optimism is changing to positive with this info.

But i need to know...PC or was it console?

-Papa6

*SIGH* i need to pay attention as to the forum thread location :blush:

Edited by Papa6

I'm not a big fan of the subject matter to be honest: the first GR was a resurgent Russia - plausible if improbable; the next was a bordder war on the horn of Africa - check the news; the next was an imploding Cuba after Castro's death - again plausible even if the real future of Cuba is an unknown quantity.

GR2 went to North Korea. Not an impossible scenario either.

But then....Mexico? C'mon the border can be defended by a bunch of unemployed rednecks with shotguns...wait a minute, it is! Mexican insurgents? It's as silly as R63's Neo-Nazis.

Give me Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Mindanao, a REAL front in the war on terror. Heck even a fictional (yet plausible) state like the one in Armed Assault.

If the reviews state absolutely awesome gameplay I'll give it a go, but without an engaging SP campaign, I'm skeptical when it comes to a tactical sim. Here's hoping the gameplay footage I've seen is as good as it looks...

Edited by budgie

I'm not a big fan of the subject matter to be honest: the first GR was a resurgent Russia - plausible if improbable; the next was a bordder war on the horn of Africa - check the news; the next was an imploding Cuba after Castro's death - again plausible even if the real future of Cuba is an unknown quantity.

GR2 went to North Korea. Not an impossible scenario either.

I agree. The magic and genius of the first Ghost Recon has been lost on GRAW in so many ways, not just in location. GR2 and Summit Strike had a bit, but not really the same either.

Graphically it's very impressive and not a bad game, but just not the same. It's clear they're still enthralled with the Hollywood movie effect. I like to call it "day in the life of a super soldier." Which is fine for games, you know, but there's no missions or planning or real briefing, progression, anything like that. It's just on the fly reacting to a situation. No depth. It doesn't even matter who you pick on your squad. The PC one is a better, but it still suffers from the constraints of plot dynamics that the x360 one sets. Ah well, enough redundant GRAW bashing, I'll still play em both.

Edited by Brettzies