Trainer for version 1.35?

I found a trainer for GRAW (from Unleashed) and like to use it but everytime I start it up I get the message it cannot save a file (?) due to a missing hook (?) so the ingame menu won't be available (?). Ingame the keys don't seem to have any effect. Now I've patched the game to 1.35: might that give the problem...?

(I know a lot of people look down on SP cheaters and so on (so don't just say I need to get some skills), but I'm getting tired of getting stuck and having to do everything all over again. And I do not like modding files to enbale god mode because it's too hard ;) and because (I guess) you have god mode ALL the time. I only want it when I really can't get somethings done. Constant god mode takes the fun away of course.)

Have you got a link for the trainer or know then name of it ?

DOn't know if links are appreciated here: Google for unl-graw trainer and you'll find it.

BTW I already found out how to get the trainer to work: you have to o a clean install of the game and you must NOT apply ANY patch. After that you need a specific cracked graw.exe (of which I'm certain links aren't appreciated!). Then the trainer will work.

But er... I've started all over again WITHOUT the trainer (and WITH the 1.35 patch applied) and too my own amazement I'm getting further and further and having more and more fun. The minutes I played with the trainer turned out to be very dull: the excitement, the pressure, the thrill is gone completely if you know you can't get hurt (even if you try to pretend it still is exciting). Even doing things more than once turns out to be quit nice because you can do it different every time. And I'm getting used to the game, so... (But I'm sure I'll encounter some moments in the near future that I wish I had an easy to install and use trainer...! ;) )

Tell you what, though...finish VIP Down, and you'll be hooked.

Yeah once you do vip down i think it sets you up with how to do the rest..

Just finished Vip2 down... My goodness, a few more savepoints in the end at the embassy (what's left of it) would have been nice!!! It was pretty hard but after a few times you know where the tanks are coming from and where the enemy shows up. For instance, when the second tank arrives some enemies show up on the left (from where the VIP lays), so the second time around (I lost count really) I told my men to cover that part while I was aiming at the tank.

All in all it was hard but VERY satifsying! After all I'm quite glad I dumped the trainer!

I read somewhere this is about the hardest part of the entire game. Is that true? Almost hope so... ;)

That entire level was quit hard but it's so satisfying when you get further and further. I make also it a habit to redo a part when one of my man is lost. I arrived at the embassy with 4 man. I lost two there though, but that part was too hard to do it again. And in the end you don't need all your man because in the next mission they are there again! But I like to reach the past part with a complete squad.

BTW It's an awesome game (specially on my new computer! :) )

TBH i`m not realy sure if that realy is the hardest part of the game..I think that getting through that part of the game forces you to learn to play the game well and use your men propperly or you can`t do it.. Once have learnt the valuable lesson then the next levels SEEM easier...if you get my meaning ?

So if you could skip that level and play a later one and then come back to vip you might not think it would be so hard....or maybe you would.. :wall::whistle:

TBH i`m not realy sure if that realy is the hardest part of the game..I think that getting through that part of the game forces you to learn to play the game well and use your men propperly or you can`t do it.. Once have learnt the valuable lesson then the next levels SEEM easier...if you get my meaning ?

So if you could skip that level and play a later one and then come back to vip you might not think it would be so hard....or maybe you would.. :wall::whistle:

Oh believe me there's one thats harder, I didnt play the game for about 3 months cos I was so p'd off with it. It's at night and you have your team with you. I've reinstalled the game and i'm up to or just passed Strongpoint (i hated that one at first as well - the AI always mess up on my version)

Good luck :thumbsup:

Just finished Strong point too: AWESOME! Man, this is a GREAT game! And to my surprise I even think I like the game this much because I can NOT save it at any point! The checkpoint method, how annoying it may be at times, really makes things so much more thrilling and exciting! You REALLY have to watch out! You really hate it when you get hit and you really LOVE it when you succeed! I wonder if I had the same excitement and suspence in any similar (and non-similar) game the last few years...! This game is so immersive and rewarding! I also love it that you can do things any way you want to! Some parts of Strong point looked too hard but after trying it some other ways it could be done (sometimes even quit easily!).

Yes, I'm VERY happy with the game and I am VERY happy the trainer didn't really work! Man, THAT would have REALLY spoiled it all!!!

BTW GRAW looks awesome too with all options high and on 1680x1050 on my 8800GTX. When you overlook that village in Strong point from up high, after destroying the powerplant, with those burning cars (cool heat effect!) and all, man, I really have the feeling I've been there just now! The atmosphere is so great! Awesome! :)

Er... well... I've just been trying for ages to get into the castle in Mayday! Mayday! and I'm getting frustrated here... It's becomes very tiresome to do that part over and over again and get shot by someone you've never seen for the 40th time... Having to walk towards the castle ALONE, without any enemies, would already be quit irritating, but having to shoot all those guys everytime...

What makes it even more annoying: I tried that part this afternoon for some time but then I had to eat. When I came back and I started GRAW again and loaded the mission and SUDDENLY there were A LOT more enemies around!

I'm getting ###### here after all. ;)

Yeah, well, I got fed up with it and enabled god mode... When I played the mission again with that mode on I was happy I did that because I wasn't even NEAR the end of the mission when I gor frustrated...

BTW I enabled god mode in such a way that I can switch back to the non-god mode within a few seconds. Very handy. ;) Unfortunately you can't use savegames from either mode in the other... So when I get stuck I have to do the mission all over again in god mode. And after succeeding a certain task I cannot continue without god mode. Pity. But at least I can move on now. Having god mode on all the time ruins the game so I'm happy I can switch easily.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very stuck in Guardrail IX where you have to travel from the drop-off and destroy the antenna. There are some well fortified enemies near the end of the checkpoint with heavy artillary that take me out if I stick one little toe out. I had got the hang of this game and was enjoying the challenge up to this point (normally I finish shooter games in about a week but been playing GRAW for a month and only about halfway).

I'm playing v1.35 and would consider using a trainer just to get past the pesky individual soldiers at the start of the checkpoint. Has anyone got a v1.35 trainer working without reinstalling and using fixed .exe's? I need to be able to switch it off ingame as well.

Thanks.

One little tip that helped me get past this mission....use the drone and the tac map a LOT. It might be time consuming, but you can see most of the enemies without a problem. If you know what direction their facing, you can easily sneak up on them and put a round or two in their back.

One little tip that helped me get past this mission....use the drone and the tac map a LOT. It might be time consuming, but you can see most of the enemies without a problem. If you know what direction their facing, you can easily sneak up on them and put a round or two in their back.

I second that tactic. I actually used a lot of drone. I would follow his viewing arc to match mine. Then I would peak to verify if I'm on the same arc. Then I would do a quick look with the scope.

Then use the drone, making sure no enemy is around to "hear" my shots or find my location.

Use your team to cover your back.

Before you change your sniping position, use the drone.

I even used the drone like a Roomba to recon the map. Now at least I know where the enemy snipers positions.

I finished the campaign 4-5 months coz I'm old and work 16hrs/day. :D

Now that I'm finished, I trying the god mode to see what I missed.

I've read that there are easter eggs. :whistle:

I have been using the drone but think I need a bit more patience when sneaking up on people! I have no team in this part of the mission.

Hey...I work 10 hours a day and got 2 kids! Normally I get the eldest to give me tips on games but he thinks GR:AW is boring! Good job I only bought him it because I wanted to play it.

EDIT:

I've done it, I was able to take out the watchtower snipers with grenades and took the rest nice and slow. Thanks for the advice and apologies for unintentionally going off topic in this thread.

Edited by rick2468

I have been using the drone but think I need a bit more patience when sneaking up on people! I have no team in this part of the mission.

Hey...I work 10 hours a day and got 2 kids! Normally I get the eldest to give me tips on games but he thinks GR:AW is boring! Good job I only bought him it because I wanted to play it.

EDIT:

I've done it, I was able to take out the watchtower snipers with grenades and took the rest nice and slow. Thanks for the advice and apologies for unintentionally going off topic in this thread.

...oh the pain of being a gamer and full-time parent. :rofl:

Hang in there bud, your not alone :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just completed GR:AW. Thank you for the help people have given on this forum. It's good to have a forum to discuss things constructively rather then taking the ###### out of each other. I don't tend to replay games once I've finished them so I probably won't be visiting the forum until I play GR:AW2 which probably won't be for a year because I'll be working abroad until then. This will also give the developer sometime to sort out any bugs, I used v1.35 which worked well but from reading other people's comments they had problems with bugs in earlier versions which is a real shame.

I thoroughly enjoyed played GR:AW, I've played a lot of FPSs such as Half Life, F.E.A.R. and Doom 3 and have never needed to use a player's guide but I had to with GR:AW because you had to think about what you were doing rather then just going into a room and shooting everything. The storyline also kept things interesting.

I think the checkpoint save system added to my enjoyment as well, I did hack this for the first 3 missions but soon got used to the checkpoints and thankfully managed to finish the rest of the game without having to do hack. I think there were a couple of points in the game where the checkpoints were too far apart and in those situations you had to spend 5-10 minutes shooting easy targets before you got to the really challenging bit. It got a bit repetative for me in these parts but they were few and far between.

The AI of the teammates in this game led to frustration in some parts when they decided to take the long way around to get to a position and end up walking past tanks and snipers so I hope this is improved in the new game.

I picked this game up for £5.99 from HMV in UK so absolutely great value.

Take Care.

I found a trainer for GRAW (from Unleashed) and like to use it but everytime I start it up I get the message it cannot save a file (?) due to a missing hook (?) so the ingame menu won't be available (?). Ingame the keys don't seem to have any effect. Now I've patched the game to 1.35: might that give the problem...?

(I know a lot of people look down on SP cheaters and so on (so don't just say I need to get some skills), but I'm getting tired of getting stuck and having to do everything all over again. And I do not like modding files to enbale god mode because it's too hard ;) and because (I guess) you have god mode ALL the time. I only want it when I really can't get somethings done. Constant god mode takes the fun away of course.)

:lolup: