Preview of GRAW2 PC Out

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much about COOP MP :unsure: .. but ... the reading of this with the details about using recon and the improved AI, especialy the AI team mate going prone and SD when spotted does sound impressive.

Sounds alot more like a review of [GR], which is a good thing.

While there might be no prizes for guessing where the second map - "Dam" - takes place, it ably demonstrates the flip-side of GRAW 2's gameplay, with an insane onslaught of enemies, with bullets ricocheting off walls all around.

The biggest concern I had SP wise in GRAW 1 was the lack of blood and severe lack of enemies. Seems that's also fixed :) (I can mod blood in again since it's running on Diesel yet again)

EDIT:

SMGs!?

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/862/862426/img_4329890.html

Edited by Agent Smith

The phrase "just another port" couldn't be less suitable - GRAW 2 on the PC is set be a completely unique experience to its console counterparts, with several notable differences.

It no longer feels like the over-looked cousin of its much-hyped Xbox 360 relative.

So much kissing from ign. Do i sense deep psychological scares, there? Btw, they wrote the same for the first one.

It is interesting that pc version will have "soul change" and "crosscom rts" gameplay while 360 will have only crosscom rts fo leading your team.

UK, February 14, 2007 - In almost every way, Tom Clancy's GRAW was a ground-breaking success. As a universally acclaimed, BAFTA award-winning game, Ubisoft could easily have gotten away with shipping out the same game again,

I stopped reading then.

Thanks then.

UK, February 14, 2007 - In almost every way, Tom Clancy's GRAW was a ground-breaking success. As a universally acclaimed, BAFTA award-winning game, Ubisoft could easily have gotten away with shipping out the same game again,

I stopped reading then.

Thanks then.

Okay, bye!

This article settled it for me. On the way home I'm stopping at GameStop to pre-order my copy!

After selecting your squad, you can set waypoints for them on the aerial map, highlighting objectives and planning the best route to your destination. Even at this early stage the wealth of available options makes GRAW 2 on PC feel completely different to its predecessor.

Once inserted into the mission you're in familiar territory.

To me it sounds like mission-planning. Oooh, this is getting better by the minute.

UK, February 14, 2007 - In almost every way, Tom Clancy's GRAW was a ground-breaking success. As a universally acclaimed, BAFTA award-winning game, Ubisoft could easily have gotten away with shipping out the same game again, switching a few minor plot details around

that pretty much blew his credibility out of the water. I'll wait for someone who actually has a clue to review it in here. From the few screenies we have seen, I see thys have yet to shed the left eye perspective with a right handed gun....oh well I can always dream.

Actually, he's right on.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/926...q=ghost%20recon

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...q=ghost%20recon

Reviews of GRAW were usually fairly good, and it was a BAFTA award-winner as well. The fact that he said it's a success in ALMOST every way does not mean that the game was a flop like some people try to make it out to be.

Actually, he's right on.

Not really, if we are talking about the opening paragraph. It was a huge blooper to refer to a different game's awards when previewing another title. It was GRAW on the 360 that won the BAFTA, not the PC version, and as Ubisoft were at pains to remind everyone, they are two different games sharing the same title.

To open with " In almost every way, Tom Clancy's GRAW was a ground-breaking success. As a universally acclaimed, BAFTA award-winning game, " and then seamlessly start talking about the PC version is plain wrong. None of the accolades in that sentence are applicable to GRAW PC, and as such the number "360" should have been in that sentence.

Let's hope GRAW 2 PC can close that gap, I think it can. :thumbsup:

Sounds like we will have a planning stage, a bit like what we had on R6 rouge spear etc where you make up your route and stuff...sounds good! The bit about the ghost AI ducking to cover and killing the guy with a silenced weapon sounds great! No more "im going to stand in the middle of this street and reload while that 50 cal fires at me" kinda crap.

Sounds promising :) The whole AI changing to silenced and sniping the guy sounds cool.

Yeah, Buddy...that got my heart pounding.

I like GRAW, but it still feels a bit unfinished and flat in it's current state. The IGN previewer did a good job bringing forth differences in GRAW2. I like what I'm hearing....lots of [GR] features. If the friendly AI can handle themselves well, I'll be tickled. In [GR], I would find myself taking control of other team mates only to place them properly (or take the shot on a sure kill). I don't want another baby-sitting job.

I hope to see some modding/mission/mapping tool info, mission based coop with friendly AI would be a huge plus.