Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Blood Oil

Giampi

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Red Storm Entertainment\Ghost Recon\Mods\Blood Oil and copy the Actor, Character, and Textures folders that are inside. Put the copies in a safe place.

[ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE A TIGER STRIPE ACTOR (.ATR) FILE]

Find the tiger stripe actor file (.atr file) you want, and select and copy it. Let's pretend our actor file is called 'tiger_infantry04'. Now, we navigate back to the Blood Oil mod folder and go into its Actor folder. Paste our 'tiger_infantry04.atr' file in here. Find the file you wish to replace (if you want the multiplayer characters to be the tiger stripe actor, go to the MP Actors folder and find the right file; if you want the enemy firefight soldiers to be the tiger stripe actors, find the files that start with 'opposing_'; etc.) Once you find the right actor file (let's pretend our to-be-replaced actor is called 'opposing_force_2'), start to rename the to-be-replaced actor file, and copy (ctrl+c) that name. Delete the to-be-replaced actor file and go to your new 'tiger_infantry04' actor file. Start to rename it, and paste that replaced actor's name in the field over its current name. Now, in the game you will see that the replaced actor (the enemy firefight forces, multiplayer actors, or whatever you replaced) are now the new tiger stripe actor. To make all of the firefight enemies tiger striped, you'll have to repeat the above process for all 6 opposing_force actors.

If you need any help or don't have a tiger stripe .atr file, just tell me and I can help you out some more.

To try and not modify other mods, it would be much simpler to start a new mod here. Copy the actor files into it from blood oil, and simply change them to point to the tiger stuff. Run this mod as highest priority. No need to touch textures or character files.

gr/ds/it

dtd

blood oil

new mod

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right guys, i am just about to start this mod, and as it will be my 1st ever mod, i have a general question, i have the original ghost recon and its 2 official expansions, i also down loaded a few other mods like frostbite and heroes and quite a few other earlier mods, so my question is, do i just activate what ever mod i want to play ? or do i have to have both official expansions activated as well to play all mods not just blood oil ? cheers

Thx for reply, so DS at top IT middle and BO bottom like below, is that the same for all mods addons but i just replace blood oil with the mod/campaign i want to play ? cheers

Desert Siege

Island Thunder

Blood Oil

Edited by Daytrader

Ok cheers, what about if a mod/campaign etc was released before the official expansions came out, would it do any harm to still have DS and IT activated ?

Im sure there were no actual mods out untill Desert seige was released as that was the disc that containted the plug-ins for 3dMax and photo shop among other things. So anything before that would have just been created in the mission editor in IGOR.

That actualy raises a good question ? What was the 1st mod for GR and when was it released ?

I think it was a weapons mod ? but cant remember who made it.

ansewrs on a post card please lol

And to answer my own question i think it was Prozac360 with his M4 Armoury mod in 2004, there are plenty of mission mods and campaines before that, but that was the 1st additional content mod ? unless anybody knows different ??

• 7 months later...

Hello,

Any known fixes for Mission 2 crashing to desktop on launch?

Ike.log's last line is as follows:

Loading map c:\program files (x86)\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\blood_oil\map\bo02\bo02_v_10-lit2.map

That file is present in the folder. Is it corrupt? I tried with the original mod, and with the patch.

-Doc

EDIT:

I don't know if it's related, but while the map does load in Igor, one of the textures that surrounds most of the map is blank and has this (in mirrored-reverse) on it: " Copyright www.cgtextures.com"

Edited by Doc. Caliban

Which mission on the River Rig map?

bo © 02 - river rig night.mis

bo (m) 02 - river rig day.mis

Not having issues here using version 1.04 of the mod.

Tried it as a quick mission and in the campaign.

Running any other mods?

Regards, wombat

Edited by wombat50

The Blood Oil download is a 7zip archive.

Using something other then 7Z can possibly cause problems.

I do mean possibly as I have only seen problems once using another program

to unpack a 7Z archive.

Can't remember Doc if you are a Mac or Windows user.

Was the appropriate Mac or Windows archive downloaded?

Ensure DS and IT are activated and GR patched to the 1.4 version.

If you have not already, apply the Blood Oil patch so the modcont.text reads Version 1.04

Patch link is on this page:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=1156

Last resort, bring up the console and type unlockhero and autowin to move on to the 3rd mission

and hope you can continue with no CTD's.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I re-unarchived it with 7zip as I don't remember which one I used before.

No other mods, fully patched version of GR, Windows version, DS and IT are active and in the correct order, tried both the unpatched and patched version of the mod ... still crashes with ike.log listing bo02_v_10-lit2.map as the last resource it was loading at the time of the CTD.

Fortunately it is not preventing me from moving on as we are playing co-op and have simply skipped it. We would like to be able to play it at some point though.

BTW, the quick mission works on that map, so it may be mission related as opposed to map related.

- Doc

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I re-unarchived it with 7zip as I don't remember which one I used before.

No other mods, fully patched version of GR, Windows version, DS and IT are active and in the correct order, tried both the unpatched and patched version of the mod ... still crashes with ike.log listing bo02_v_10-lit2.map as the last resource it was loading at the time of the CTD.

Fortunately it is not preventing me from moving on as we are playing co-op and have simply skipped it. We would like to be able to play it at some point though.

BTW, the quick mission works on that map, so it may be mission related as opposed to map related.

- Doc

Hi Doc

Are you hosting the game ? or someone else ?

Could be that the hostes files arew different from yours just a thought