The Best Resolution for my system..

RAWLOWJACK

I wanna know how come they always see me , but I never seem to see them.(as in multiplayer opponents).

Some has to do with the 'I suck still' factor. But with all the settings on my ATI RADEON X1600PRO

and my 1 gig (2 x 512mb) memory ram. I should be using something other than just 800x600x60 (SHOULDNT I?)

Also my PC is a Emachines Pentium 4 and everything else about my pc is irrelivant. I followed the ATI tweek tutorial but that left more questions than answers. So!??

WHATS --> The Best Resolution for my system ?? 800x600x how about the refresh rate?

:wall:

we need a lot more info and precise system specs.

here they are....

CPU : Emachines W4685 (ACPI Uniprocessor pc)

Board : ???

GPU :Pentium IV

MEMORY TYPE MAKE ETC : 2 x 512MB PC2700/333 Mhz

SOUND CARD: Soundblaster audigy

OP SYS : Windows XP

VERSION: Home Edition

BAND WIDTH: 1.5 megabits per second

GAME VERSION: latest patch 1.35 ( believe)?

MODS LOADED: None usually. the servers i frequent dont run any I know of. BDA room mostly.

DIRECT X VERSION:9.o

AV INSTALLED: AVG free edition

SPY WARE INSTALLED: Adaware

ETC.80 gig harddrive

Need more to go on.

If your on bda... are you on comms? As they are. also players that have played the game a lot know most of the hiding places and cutoff points.

Wider view definately helps. Try 1024x768 or higher with shadows on off and post effects low. Your frames may be ok then. Post effects low definately helps as it won't blur at longer distances.

If your on bda... are you on comms? As they are. also players that have played the game a lot know most of the hiding places and cutoff points.

Wider view definately helps. Try 1024x768 or higher with shadows on off and post effects low. Your frames may be ok then. Post effects low definately helps as it won't blur at longer distances.

thank you so much! I really appreciate that answer

No problem... being when graw 1st came out and the upgrade to pci express was beyond my funds (until after tax season) I had to make do and still try to get the resolution i wanted. I've mess with a lot of settings in doing this.

Probably see you in the game somewhere. My handle is ROCO*AFZ*

What speed is you CPU? And what graphics card are you using? I've got a similar spec to you, and can run the game on 1280x1024 with everything set to high/med and get 25-30 fps all the time.

Spec:

CPU: Amd Athlon XP 3200+ (2.2ghz)

RAM: 1GB (2x 512mb) Corsair value select PC2700 333mhz

GPU: HIS ATI Radeon X1605 Pro 512mb

DSL: 2mb

Sound: Intergrated AC97 thingymagigy

Patch version: 1.35

DX v: 9c

Unless you've got a lower spec GPU or CPU you should be getting about the same fps as me. Try doing disk cleanup followed by a disk defrag as there might be a few things slowing down your system.

Edited by ScOpE

• 4 weeks later...