Advanced Warfighter 2 Dev Video Diary 2

BigOlBrain

Thanks for the link.

So, according to Ubi's vision,

- in the near future the US will only need a military of about 5,000 soldiers, airmen, sailors and marines to defend the US against any and all threats.

- in the near future, all vehicles will be manufactured according to Hollywood FX standards.

I saw a very graphically impressive looking game with lots of great, but unrealistic explosions.

Hopefully the MP missions are a little more toned down and not Hollywood.

It seems like the MULE was put in as a more or less "mobile cover piece" because the cover system is terrible in any situation except linear urban combat and "portable refill ammo box" so you can constantly play in full auto and not worry about running out of ammo if you prey and spray.

I am not liking the look of it.

They should have had Travis do more of the talking. The SP Creative Director's comments came off as, how should I put this, out of touch with what Ghost Recon originally was. He didn't do a good job of selling his work as something fans of the older titles would like. The SP portion is looking way too "hollywood" compared to MP. IMO they needed to tone down the flashyness, and gimmicks from GR:AW1 SP, not add more.

I keep seeing attacking enemy helos in these videos....are they suggesting that the overwhelming air superiority of the US in the battlefield wont last beyond 2010?? if this was any unit then it would be understandable if one helo somehow went under the radar (well not really understandable)...but according to the game these are the most elite soldier with the best technology and support assets in a big open conflict...how in the hell is the enemy mustering so much armor and air assets?? :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

OOOOPS! sorry i was thinking this was still ghost recon....i forgot im expected to have more open tolerance to gameplay enhancing ideas...

I keep seeing attacking enemy helos in these videos....are they suggesting that the overwhelming air superiority of the US in the battlefield wont last beyond 2010?? if this was any unit then it would be understandable if one helo somehow went under the radar (well not really understandable)...but according to the game these are the most elite soldier with the best technology and support assets in a big open conflict...how in the hell is the enemy mustering so much armor and air assets?? :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

OOOOPS! sorry i was thinking this was still ghost recon....i forgot im expected to have more open tolerance to gameplay enhancing ideas...

LOL!!!! :thumbsup: