The truth about map making in GRAW

Papa6

I took the notion on using nemons bundle extractor and found this out.

1. the maps aren't actually maps

2. they are actually an XML file that tells the game what pieces you use for your map and what coordinates these items are located.

the geometry actually reside in the quick.bundle file in the bundle folder in GRAW. some might know this, some not. but hey...this is for those who don't know.

i feel so cheap :blush:

I took the notion on using nemons bundle extractor and found this out.

1. the maps aren't actually maps

2. they are actually an XML file that tells the game what pieces you use for your map and what coordinates these items are located.

the geometry actually reside in the quick.bundle file in the bundle folder in GRAW. some might know this, some not. but hey...this is for those who don't know.

i feel so cheap :blush:

I know many knew this already.

This is why using maps from GRAW in GRAW2 won't be as easy as people think. You'll need all the graphics found in GRAW, exported into the GRAW2 library. And then I guess you'll have to check for duplicate names in GRAW and GRAW2 and update the map files after that... No point in speculations on this. We'll see how much work will be required when GRAW2 is released.

Although it's also the reason that the user made maps aren't very big. The only graphic contents they include are their specific lightmaps.