Question about number of multiplayer maps and the time of day feature.

newman

I am wondering if you can select a map and then select its time of day or if they are counting day and night versions of the same map as a different map.

They say there are 18 multi-player maps 6 of which are the mission maps.

if they take a mission map and re-light it should it count as a new map?

or can you set the time of day for any of these maps?

I have been watching and reading the info about multi-player portion and cannot find this info.

anyone know about this?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wondering if you can select a map and then select its time of day or if they are counting day and night versions of the same map as a different map.

They say there are 18 multi-player maps 6 of which are the mission maps.

if they take a mission map and re-light it should it count as a new map?

or can you set the time of day for any of these maps?

I have been watching and reading the info about multi-player portion and cannot find this info.

anyone know about this?

There is dynamic lighting which means that you can set the time of day and it can progress as well during a match. You also can set cloud overcast, which can also change up the lighting quite a bit. So to answer your question, there is 18 different/unique maps.

You also can set cloud overcast, which can also change up the lighting quite a bit. So to answer your question, there is 18 different/unique maps

see its kind like an incomplete answer.....lets try this..

how many different maps are there altogether......not counting the same map at different times of day.... is it still 18??

i dont think it will take that long...theyve got a pretty good media blitz going on just within the last week...

they seem to be pretty proud of the depth theyve added to the co-op multiplayer, that blitz is still coming...

regardless from the multiplayer standpoint i consider myself sold......SP looks ok, yet another hollywood interpretation of military combat......i just hope all the glitches from the demo are fixed..

My guess... or wish...

6 new adversarial+co-op maps

8 new adversarial-only maps

4 retro maps (Embassy, Quarry?...)

3 time settings (day, dusk, night)

? weather settings. Anybody know if there are any?

yeah that is in line with what im hoping from the game...just not sure which retro maps would be best...

embassy is in, the battlefield map from the [Ghost Recon] would be nice, bunker hill redux would be great since they have a better grasp on foliage this time, definately add the rebel camp from island thunder (specially with the great rain effects,

This is only an educated guess but expect 3 of the retro maps to be from GRAW, with embassy being the only true retro map from previous Gr games to GRAW. But if well received i'd say there is a good chance we'll see future retro maps in GRAW 2 DLCs.

I hope you are wrong about new maps being from the 1st GRAW.

Kind of funny but I was just thinking a couple days ago that they should remake a bunch of the older maps. There have been so many good maps from all the past games. It seems like it would be fairly easy to remake them.

It seems like it would be fairly easy to remake them.

Sorry, but no way. Nothing from xbox game is useful anymore for 360. There is so much more parameteres they must include with hi.def graphics. Even the basic territory must be rebuild with high geometry vertex shaders.

Sorry, but no way. Nothing from xbox game is useful anymore for 360. There is so much more parameteres they must include with hi.def graphics. Even the basic territory must be rebuild with high geometry vertex shaders.

Well of course...I realize that.

But the idea and layout of the maps would be done already for the most part....and probably would take a lot less time to test and whatnot.

I just mean that you can rebuild them is all....it's got to take a lot less time than making up new maps. And there are a lot of fans that would pay for those extra maps I would think.... :hmm:

Well of course...I realize that.

But the idea and layout of the maps would be done already for the most part....and probably would take a lot less time to test and whatnot.

I just mean that you can rebuild them is all....it's got to take a lot less time than making up new maps. And there are a lot of fans that would pay for those extra maps I would think.... :hmm:

I think most if not all true GR fans would pay for maps...you can never have enough maps.....lol

The best way to get old maps upgraded is to go onto the ubi GRAW forums and express your interest in this. That way the redstorm guys can goto the UBI head honchos and say this was a success with the GR community. Just say how great it was to get Embassy and how we look forward to more upgrades in future GRAW 2 DLC.

I think a large map pack from the original games would be an huge hit. There are a lot of people who don't care for GRAW's maps. If there were a "xp pack" (for lack of a better term) I bet you would get a lot of the older fans to come back....selling both more copies of GRAW 2 and the "xp map pack". I think what made the original GR games were the size and layout of the maps. It would be a huge hit!

Ok...sounds good to me. So Serellan when are you guys going to start?

i saw streets redone for rainbow six vegas...they added rappel points to it and a couple of small touches to help the flow of the game.....

seeing as how we are getting embassy...is there any small addition u would make to the map itself to better the flow of matches...

2 things here...

-i would add more vehicles on the streets themselves...this looks like is going to be covered in the update since the main street in front of the embassy is pretty barren...

-lastly i would add another staircase to the opposite side of the embassy itself.....

Old school Embassy was a little to limited of a map for my taste. Only a few approaches to each area of the map...makes for a bland GR experience.

Just look at "old town". Now there is a map with alleys and alternate routes to a destination...although there surely are some choke points...the overall map is wide open.

i saw streets redone for rainbow six vegas...they added rappel points to it and a couple of small touches to help the flow of the game.....

seeing as how we are getting embassy...is there any small addition u would make to the map itself to better the flow of matches...

Civilians. Check your fire. :thumbsup:

Probably a lot to ask. Just make sure a 2" step doesn't stop me cold. LOL

I really like Old Town Morning too Ick. For an urban map, it's well layed out and realistic. No many rubble piles blocking an alley blocking it off for no apparent reason. You can cross the map several different ways, nice and complex.

Juat watching the MP designer interview on team xbox

about 1:40 seconds in he gives some deatials on the number of maps.

18 maps for adversarial and 6 maps for Co-op

18 maps in total

8 are individual adversarial maps (unique non co-op maps)

10 of which are part of the coop maps cut down into different adversarial play spaces

how do you get 10 out of 6?

TIME OF DAY maybe? like old town and old town dusk?

Or are they different sections and you can still have time of day and wether settigs different on all maps.

My bet is NO true time of day feature. But i could be wrong.

Here are some of the map names i know of:

Aftermath

Backalley

crashsite or wreckage (the crashed C10)

lagoon

dam

Thats all i know of if you have more post them.

I guess the good news is that the Coop maps sound pretty large so hopefully the missions are a little more complex than in GRAW.

I hope some of the maps are large - Peaks, Rolling Hills large not Old Town or River Depot large. I realize a lot of players like contact in 15 seconds with very few approaches .. but give us at least one map that allows for some real movement.