Real time day & night cycle.

How this function will work, if we only have 72 hours to complete whole mission? :hmm:

I suppose you shouldnt expect features from xbox trailers in pc version.

You mean PC version will not contain this future?

Edited by WITCHER

How this function will work, if we only have 72 hours to complete whole mission? :hmm:

I mean that GRAW for Xbox and PC were completly different games, xbox verion lacked lots of PC good features and PC lacked lots of Xbox good features. The xbox version has very unrealistic but it was bigger ( more weapons, more maps, bigger MP maps variety). PC version was a bit more realistic than xbox version but had only 5 same looking MP maps , ~10 weapons etc etc. If someone raised any expectations about PC version after watching Xbox trailers he was surprised after installing GRAW PC :) For an example i was waiting for dry docks map from one of GRAW 360 trailers, nice looking design, night, heavy rain ... imagine my diaspointment when i saw GRAW PC MP maps ? :) I couldnt remeber their names for 2 weeks becase they look so simillar :)

How many Hours in your Day then ?????? If you've got 72 Hours to Complete mission I'm guessing it goes

Day - Night - Day - Night - Day - Night ..... thank God it's not based in Norway, or thats a lot of Night vision usage! :rofl:

Good thing im not based in Norway.. just kidding

(No offence, Magnar and Stig :thumbsup: )

How many Hours in your Day then ?????? If you've got 72 Hours to Complete mission I'm guessing it goes

Day - Night - Day - Night - Day - Night ..... thank God it's not based in Norway, or thats a lot of Night vision usage! :rofl:

You mean Sweden does not have similar times as Norway? :unsure: I thought that Norway was your neighbor or did Sweden move or something? :hmm:

Darn, now my head hurts. :huh: Thanks GRiN_Fred. ;)

You mean Sweden does not have similar times as Norway? :unsure: I thought that Norway was your neighbor or did Sweden move or something? :hmm:

Darn, now my head hurts. :huh: Thanks GRiN_Fred. ;)

Nah i just dont like living on top of big mountains.. makes it harder to get to the office. :P

I lived 6 months in the small community Honningsvåg, Cape North, Norway...71.10 North, darn I'll tell ya...

...Summer, sun is up 24/7, it just makes a cirle in the sky :blink: . Bright light 24h a day, I'm not kidding

...Winter, sun is NEVER up, you won't even see the tip of it, at noon there is only some faint light in the South (at the horizon) that is all. Pretty much like Frostbite, the excellent [GR] mod which takes place in those regions :thumbsup: The "Northern light" phenomenon is beautiful though :cold:

And WK ,yea you are right. Sweden and Norway are at about the same latitude, however the Norwegian mainland goes a little bit further North (and East where it meets Finland and Russia at the town Kirkenes).

By the way, Swedes and Norwegians are like Aussies and Kiwis, or Americans and Canadians...I can only imagine what Stickan and Magnar have to put up with :P

I mean that GRAW for Xbox and PC were completly different games, xbox verion lacked lots of PC good features and PC lacked lots of Xbox good features. The xbox version has very unrealistic but it was bigger ( more weapons, more maps, bigger MP maps variety). PC version was a bit more realistic than xbox version but had only 5 same looking MP maps , ~10 weapons etc etc. If someone raised any expectations about PC version after watching Xbox trailers he was surprised after installing GRAW PC :) For an example i was waiting for dry docks map from one of GRAW 360 trailers, nice looking design, night, heavy rain ... imagine my diaspointment when i saw GRAW PC MP maps ? :) I couldnt remeber their names for 2 weeks becase they look so simillar :)

I know that the PC and x360 versions was two different games, but im sure that i have readed somewhere, i think in Sweden article, that in PC version will be real time day and night cycle during the mission.

Here some quote from Sweden preview. :)

The three day drama has made Ubisoft and Grin to develop an impressive daylights cycle with very nice and varied weather effects.

And very sorry for my horrible English. :rolleyes:

Edited by WITCHER

When I got my hands on the demo of ArmA I set up and equipped the squad (w/o NVG<thinking of a weight penalty) for a CoOp mission and began an extended game of wait and see, getting used to the controls, etc., and by the time we entered the village the sun was setting and it was getting dark fast. Ended up blowing stuff up to see where I was going. Very nice surprise.

It would be great to see a sunrise in :AW2.

Hmm......the more I think of it, the more I'm sure it would be a nice feature if the game could actually take the time directly from windows and then use this data inside the game, maybe even the local weather data from www.weather.com or so - optional of course! Would certainly create a few nice SP or even MP matches and add a lot of replay value to the game. :)

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

Hmm......the more I think of it, the more I'm sure it would be a nice feature if the game could actually take the time directly from windows and then use this data inside the game, maybe even the local weather data from www.weather.com or so - optional of course! Would certainly create a few nice SP or even MP matches. :)

I guess the MP settings would have to be taken from where the server is located then...

^^^^

Yeah that would be cool. I think Flight Sim have something like that. They have weather updates so that you have the same weather ingame.

You are correct, Flight Simulator can connect to a weather service to update and use real weather along the flight path. I almost always fly with real weather.