GRAW 2 Developer movie

Rocky

GRAW 2 Dev Diary 1 - Technology look & feel

Almost 6 minutes of game footage - some of it really impressive.

Filefront Huge 450Mb version

Ubisoft 45Mb version

Ubisoft 12Mb Version

GRAW 2 Dev Diary 1 - Technology look & feel

Video Developer Diary 1: Technology:

For this first installment we take a look at the amazing technology being used to create the foundation for GRAW 2. From photo-realistic lighting, to dynamic physics, smoke and particle effects that will make you feel like you are entrenched in the action yourself, to explosions that will leave you in a state of shock and awe. Learn about new advances level of next-gen technology that makes it possible for videogames to look and feel this amazing. But don’t take it from me…check out the video for yourself…

Edit > The Filefront pack includes the movie at two different resolutions, one is 1280x720, the other 640x320. The large one looks awesome. Also included is a GRAW2 fact sheet and the GRAW skull logo.

Edited by Rocky

Different color schemes for which side of the border you are on? Not just color pallettes, but overall visual distinctions. Hmmm.... I can see the value in it from a design perspective, but am a bit skeptical on it's execution.

I can't wait to see it in action to decide though. Interesting idea for sure.

-John

Cool movie. My problem with it is I really don't like the senario. It just does not seem to be as "real" as those in previous games. All of the other expansions took you somewhere else in a senario that seems some what plausible. This one just doesn't make sense to me.

It does seem strange that the player isn't being treated to a whole new part of the world. Especially remembering that Ubi took some stick for the lack of map variety in GRAW1, never mind keeping us in Mexico for the sequel.

Considering team Rainbow is also in Mexico (for some of Vegas), make you wonder what Mexico has done to deserve all the attention!

theres a part in the video where the main character is helmetless...well in the same scene you can see that the objective (yellow) square and the cross com bar is starting to distort.....PLEASE tell me you havent added more of those annoying screen is all distorted sequences in the game again...

Different color schemes for which side of the border you are on? Not just color pallettes, but overall visual distinctions. Hmmm.... I can see the value in it from a design perspective, but am a bit skeptical on it's execution.

I can't wait to see it in action to decide though. Interesting idea for sure.

-John

If I am remembering correctly I think the movie 'The Matrix" used the same technique...when Neo was in the Matrix the screen had a green filter and then when in the real world I think they used a blue screen filter. You will not notice the subtle changes, however, now that I have mentioned it, if you go back and look it will become evident. Subconscious and subtle changes in design can help create distinct areas/chapters and now even environments....I think it will be a good design choice and give the game a nice feel and a refreshing change for the eye.

I will play the SP campaign; however, just like many I am waiting on some intel regarding the MP and co-op design structure

Cool movie. My problem with it is I really don't like the senario. It just does not seem to be as "real" as those in previous games. All of the other expansions took you somewhere else in a senario that seems some what plausible. This one just doesn't make sense to me.

NYR, I am making the assumption it is mod-able, but instead of taking the heat by making this an Iranian/Iraqi environment, they will let the modder take the heat. They have given us the sandstorms, lighting, effects, cities, etc., up to us to make it better. What do you think?