GRAW2 MP info.

W1ngsh0t

"Expanding on the online features that made the original GRAW so popular, GRAW2 adds:

Brand new 6 original mission co-op campaign with a fully immersive experience and storyline. Featuring open-ended play that rewards teamwork as you play with up to sixteen players.

14 new adversarial multiplayer maps, an expanded arsenal of multinational weapons, character customization options, new optimizing re-spawn system, new female operatives and hundreds of new game mode options are available."

From Ubisoft - http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=5231

So a lot of that sounds good - 6 coop chapters isn't the SP campaign but it is better than 4 and a total of 14 MP maps at launch is good as well.

Hopefully "New" means really new and not different lighting on old maps.

"new optimizing re-spawn system" - I have no idea what that means.

" hundreds of new game mode options" - this is good ... if they allow more than 3 saves of custom games and the ability to name them ;)

sounds good so far.... I wonder if Time of day is going to be in Multi?

Even if you could just set a time of day before you start the map. night, dawn, day, and dusk would be nice.

Also weather effects would really add to the multiplayer.

NO mention of a graphic upgrades either.

Also Wingshot you said 6 chapters and the preview said six missions.

6 missions would be one chapter with another to follow in DLC no doubt.

I look forwards to more character customization.

thanks for the info.

"new optimizing re-spawn system" - I have no idea what that means.

my take on that would be more control over respawn locations and possibly a revamped invunerability setting where one can actually fire a shot off in addtition to being invunerable. they probably got tired of people complaining about spawn campers so they the must have added this new feature. that would be my guess. but who knows. another thing i would like to see is a sensitivity setting on the reticule.

Edited by ITI SERPICO IVI

I was assuming it had something to do with addressing spawn camping. Maybe more/variable spawn points andyour selection is limited to those not under enemy fire?

My guees is we won't be seeing much of the SP changes (medic, mule , graphcs effects) in the MP side or it seems at least some mention would have been made of them. I agree time of day and weather effects would be nice additions to maps but it doesn't seem like we will be getting those - at least not in a manner that the host can control.

My guees is we won't be seeing much of the SP changes (medic, mule , graphcs effects) in the MP side or it seems at least some mention would have been made of them.

yeah, i got a bad feeling that the mp grfx won't match the sp grfx seeing how rv6 vegas was done so recently. to me the vegas mp grfx were pathetic. i was really dissapointed. but to me the original graw mp grfx weren't that bad,especially in hi def. my feeling on all this is that from all the pics and vids i've seen here currently of graw 2. it looks like graw with a few minor enhancements. which is fine by me. another reason for me to believe this is the time factor. graw 2 is coming out a year after graw. that's kind of close if you ask me. if it was coming out 1 1/2 to 2 years, then you would be right to expect a major overhaul. again that's my take. proof will obviously in the puddin.

Edited by ITI SERPICO IVI

My guees is we won't be seeing much of the SP changes (medic, mule , graphcs effects) in the MP side or it seems at least some mention would have been made of them.

yeah, i got a bad feeling that the mp grfx won't match the sp grfx seeing how rv6 vegas was done so recently. to me the vegas mp grfx were pathetic. i was really dissapointed. but to me the original graw mp grfx weren't that bad,especially in hi def. my feeling on all this is that from all the pics and vids i've seen here currently of graw 2. it looks like graw with a few minor enhancements. which is fine by me. another reason for me to believe this is the time factor. graw 2 is coming out a year after graw. that's kind of close if you ask me. if it was coming out 1 1/2 to 2 years, then you would be right to expect a major overhaul. again that's my take. proof will obviously in the puddin.

While I do agree that R6:V's MP graphics are anything but impressive it's a dang good game. Just the fact that you can get into a game w/o having to wait or go back and forth searching for a game that's in the lobby vs a game that still has 15 minutes before you can join is a huge+ to me. With a family and 10 month old baby it's hard to find time to play these days.

If only GRAW had the layout for finding MP games..... This is one thing I hope is improved in GRAW 2.....if nothing else changes I would b fine with it as it is.

While I was locked out today I wandered to Easons(Irish magazine and bookstore) and found in a 360 magazine an article about GRAW, the cover had Mitchell in a halo-esque helmet (not just his scalp but his whole head)

Anways therse was a few tidbits in the magazine

1. MP graphics will be closer to SP than in GRAW 1

2. There will be clan support

3. One Map resembes the scene in Goldeneye with the huge satelilite dish

4. Another map looks like a post-Katrina setting with you being able to hear people wading through the water.

4. Spawning zones rejigged (don't know what way though)

5 Over 1500 possibilites in the settings department (what restrictions etc.)

FOUND AN IMAGE OF THE COVER - http://www.isubscribe.co.uk/title_info.cfm?prodID=8537

While I was locked out today I wandered to Easons(Irish magazine and bookstore) and found in a 360 magazine an article about GRAW, the cover had Mitchell in a halo-esque helmet (not just his scalp but his whole head)

Anways therse was a few tidbits in the magazine

1. MP graphics will be closer to SP than in GRAW 1

2. There will be clan support

3. One Map resembes the scene in Goldeneye with the huge satelilite dish

4. Another map looks like a post-Katrina setting with you being able to hear people wading through the water.

4. Spawning zones rejigged (don't know what way though)

5 Over 1500 possibilites in the settings department (what restrictions etc.)

FOUND AN IMAGE OF THE COVER - http://www.isubscribe.co.uk/title_info.cfm?prodID=8537

Nice....thanks.

Nice info. I hope they get the reload animations fixed this time. That was pretty much the only thing I HATED about GRAW.

P.S. Hah, I see you Serellan!

I feel ashamed...lol...I feel very ashamed that these two minor peices of intel is all we can muster between the sorry lot of us (myself included)....lol

I know we can do better men! Now...let's get 2 it....lol

I'm still curious if the interface for searching for games and whatnot has been improved as well. Finding a game that's still in the lobby should not be as difficult as it is. I have seen others post saying the same thing on other boards as well. It's not fun when it's that much trouble....

I read a magaizne article about the MP. They said that one map they played looked like a town after KATRINA came through it. Complete with deep water you had to wade through. Reminds me of SWAMP and LOST CONVOY. Plus they had a few screenshots. They look better than GRAWs MP but still not quite as good as GRAW2 SP.

any chance of ghillie suits being back in the game?? along with big enough maps to use them....?? :snipe:

I was playing some GR 2 today and forgot just how good and big some of the maps were......Ambush, Pilot Down, Crossroads....and even Dam.....all good maps...need some great maps like these with replay value in GRAW 2!!

One article seemed to indicate the medic had made it into MP but in this MP video from Gametrailers during the class selection you won't see a medic class...??.

Article is here -= http://www.totally360.com/gameinfo.php?gam...amp;newsid=1347

"How does the multiplayer experience differ from GRAW?

First off, we’ve listened to a lot of fan feedback and worked it into GRAW 2 to really streamline the multiplayer experience. We’re doing things like adding an in-action scoreboard, more detailed weapon statistics, and an entirely new spawn system. One of the coolest individual features we’ve added is the ability for players to medic fallen teammates if they take an incapacitating non-lethal wound."

One article seemed to indicate the medic had made it into MP but in this MP video from Gametrailers during the class selection you won't see a medic class...??.

Article is here -= http://www.totally360.com/gameinfo.php?gam...amp;newsid=1347

"How does the multiplayer experience differ from GRAW?

First off, we’ve listened to a lot of fan feedback and worked it into GRAW 2 to really streamline the multiplayer experience. We’re doing things like adding an in-action scoreboard, more detailed weapon statistics, and an entirely new spawn system. One of the coolest individual features we’ve added is the ability for players to medic fallen teammates if they take an incapacitating non-lethal wound."

Perhaps its not a class a such, more of an ablity or an equipment item like grenades, satchel charges etc. Maybe Serellan can clarify?

Edited by Calgar99