IGN GRAW 2 Info

Why in the world would GRiN scrap an already existing weapon? If you don't like it, don't use it and, if it's unfair in MP, it will soon be disabled by server admins. Plus, since it's already made, it's not taking any development time away from something else so where's the problem.

The M-8 is back....

...too bad, I was hoping that would die off with GR:AW.

I'm glad it's back, not only because I like the M8, but because it's one more weapon to add to the roster (besides, since the animations, model, and texture are already done, it makes sense that it would stay).

I'm sorry, it makes NO SENSE. This rifle was ditched. I know you know it, and everybody else knows it, perhaps except for GRIN who continue to include a rifle that will NOT see service in the US Army.

GET RID OF IT AND INCLUDE WHAT WE HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR SINCE GRAW.... M16/M4 !!!!! pwease???

In your logic then the M16 and M4 should be ditched since it is going to be replaced rather soon as well. It's not some space rifle firing lasers or anything, I don't see the problem. Besides, the MR-C would be a better one to cry about (no pun intended).

Edited by Nutlink

After GRAW i was pretty sure im not buying another GRAW ( Ghost Recon Arcade Wile) one week ago i thought .... crap maybe they will fix all this arcade crap in next game.... now after Bumbi question and silence after my answer im back to my statement " Im not buying another Advanced Warfighter (please dont profane it calling it Ghost Recon ) crap.

PS. I still cant sell my GRAW copy :) I bought it for 50$ now when i put it on allegro ( polish ebay) for 15$ i dont get even one bet :)

I think you have said about this in some posts now, the notes have been taken and the press is informed, your life is fullfilled, you can die now. <_<

Joseph.

I have not promised you anything, and as you might have noticed we are not allowed to discuss exactly what will be in the game so I can't give you that either. I just think the expansion pack/sequel debate is a bit useless. It says 2 on the box, and if you don't want to buy it you really don't have to.

I would not for a second think those who do buy it will feel cheated of some extra 25$ for it, but then again some of you felt robbed for buying GRAW. I say to these people again: It's not going to be a OGR2. It's GRAW-2, not GR3 or GR4 - (yes the project was initially labeled GR3, but the name did change and for a good reason, it's very different from GR1). It's sort of a spin-off series, like it or don't like it. And if you do like GR1 better, keep playing it, there are still people who do.

My first post! worth quoting this:

' date='Jan 26 2007, 01:22 PM' post='446977']

Seems like the HUD has been reworked.
Pure speculation, but it looks like:

1. Heath meter has been improved

2. Teammate disposition display has been improved

3. Threat indicator/compass has been improved

4. Mitchell is calling in arty...don't recall reading about that before....

And here's some REALLY wild speculation:

In the lower left-hand corner of the HUD, it says "CAPT MITCHELL". Well, it's supposed to be a "hero" game, right? You always play as Captain Mitchell, so why would you need that additional information? Unless:

1. They have soul switching

2. It's related to changes in the cross-com.

Things why I didnt buy graw, while I was a hugh GR fan, are the fact of the health bar. I want to be wounded (1hit) or dead (1 or 2 hits). I hated the new systeem. THIS FINDING (1) IS VERY BAD TO ME :"(, I really hoped it would change and be more realistic and challenging.

Secondly, also very important, is the fact that you may again switch between teammates in-mission!!!! \o/ and hopefully we can have teams of 6 soldiers or more.

Further I hope that the mapdesign is as in Gr1, so you are totally free in deciding which objectives first and which route to take. Instead of the mapdesign in GRAW, which was being almost on a rail.

Well Im looking forward to it!

I played the demo and read reviews....

Edited by stevenbrouwer

about the name in lower left corner...

maybe mitchell has a memory problem and he has to read his own name

in order to give orders :P cause he got shot up bad in my campaign

but maybe you can chose to leave mitchell home or at base and take brown for a walk :D or allen , and no i won't take kirkland, cause he prolly did not learn to shoot since graw and his reloading problem.

maybe you can be your own hero, write down your game name and see that in the hud, that would be fun....

Further I hope that the mapdesign is as in Gr1, so you are totally free in deciding which objectives first and which route to take. Instead of the mapdesign in GRAW, which was being almost on a rail.

Well Im looking forward to it!

I played the demo and read reviews....

Here is a quote from the Swedish GRAW 2 preview Peace translated :)

In GRAW, Mitchell and his soldiers were dropped off by helicopter in a specific zone on each map. This type of insertion is now history.

In part two it is important to plan strategically for each level. Through a couple of menus you can do so and also from which point to begin the mission. You can also decide on in which order to do the separate objectives on each mission (some of them you can ignore, but you risk loose access to important weaponry for future missions). And, most important of all, you have to decide on which group of soldiers will be best suited for each mission.

@ Cangaroo[TNT]

' date='Jan 26 2007, 01:22 PM' post='446977']

Seems like the HUD has been reworked.
Pure speculation, but it looks like:

1. Heath meter has been improved

2. Teammate disposition display has been improved

3. Threat indicator/compass has been improved

4. Mitchell is calling in arty...don't recall reading about that before....

And here's some REALLY wild speculation:

In the lower left-hand corner of the HUD, it says "CAPT MITCHELL". Well, it's supposed to be a "hero" game, right? You always play as Captain Mitchell, so why would you need that additional information? Unless:

1. They have soul switching

2. It's related to changes in the cross-com.

Maybe the health meter next to the puls meter isn't a health meter :hmm:

Maybe it's the Metal gear solid-flirt. A stealth meter that is.

Edited by Hockeystick

I want to be wounded (1hit) or dead (1 or 2 hits). I hated the new systeem. THIS FINDING (1) IS VERY BAD TO ME :"(, I really hoped it would change and be more realistic and challenging.

I never understood the uproar of the health meter. There are certainly varying degrees of being injured. You can be hit more than twice before dying and some injuries are more serious than others. But, as your injuries increase, your performance should decrease.

Joseph.

I have not promised you anything, and as you might have noticed we are not allowed to discuss exactly what will be in the game so I can't give you that either. I just think the expansion pack/sequel debate is a bit useless. It says 2 on the box, and if you don't want to buy it you really don't have to.

I would not for a second think those who do buy it will feel cheated of some extra 25$ for it, but then again some of you felt robbed for buying GRAW. I say to these people again: It's not going to be a OGR2. It's GRAW-2, not GR3 or GR4 - (yes the project was initially labeled GR3, but the name did change and for a good reason, it's very different from GR1). It's sort of a spin-off series, like it or don't like it. And if you do like GR1 better, keep playing it, there are still people who do.

I appreciate the honesty BEFORE the game is released. Even though I don't like the comment, it will save me $50 in the end. I won't be buying this game. I think this is a poor decision by GRIN because I doubt you will see the same number of sales as you did with the first fiasco. People learn from their mistakes and there won't be as many people buying a product for the name this time. But nonetheless, live and die by your errors. I do appreciate the honestly anyway.

what decision is poor and did grin make that call ??

for all i have read about graw 2 it is a big improvement and with lots of suggestions from the forum implimented, it may still not be to your liking but how would you know it is not even here yet...

i can't wait for graw2 cause i think they get closer with every step.

I agree!!!!!!

Look how much better the GRAW has become. GRiN has moved this game towards what this community really wanted.

I think this next edition, sequel, add-on, expansion-pak, part-deux, is going to be great.

I believe they will return more control of the game to the players.

Besides, I think just "quick-saves" anywhere will make it the best. At least I will complete the entire game this time.

Kingkat...............................9 weeks and counting...................... :thumbsup:

Please no M16!

It's the Ghosts for cryin out loud!

Operators sometimes like the extra reach of a 20 inch over the short M-4.

The M-8 is back....

...too bad, I was hoping that would die off with GR:AW.

I'm glad it's back, not only because I like the M8, but because it's one more weapon to add to the roster (besides, since the animations, model, and texture are already done, it makes sense that it would stay).

I'm sorry, it makes NO SENSE. This rifle was ditched. I know you know it, and everybody else knows it, perhaps except for GRIN who continue to include a rifle that will NOT see service in the US Army.

GET RID OF IT AND INCLUDE WHAT WE HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR SINCE GRAW.... M16/M4 !!!!! pwease???

In your logic then the M16 and M4 should be ditched since it is going to be replaced rather soon as well. It's not some space rifle firing lasers or anything, I don't see the problem. Besides, the MR-C would be a better one to cry about (no pun intended).

OHhhhh this is rediculous....Gene Stoner's design served us since the 60s....the M-8 never served us...period. No comparison.

I don't really mind having the M-8 in game, other than the fact that it will be a gun that I will not use. The look is sort of neat, but I would have preferred an M4 instead of it. I have other weapons I can use though- I guess it just feels tacky if I equip it.

Edited by Hacksaww

Please no M16!
Mexican federales are currently equipped w/M-16s and if and when the U.S. military changes out and replaces the standard issue weapon, just who do you think the old stock will be pawned off to? The M-16 series is (almost) as numerous as the AK, that's not going to change in 10 years.

It should be (and should have been) in the game...as an addition, not a replacement.

i can't wait for graw2 cause i think they get closer with every step.
I'm with you sui317!

Operators sometimes like the extra reach of a 20 inch over the short M-4.
So I've heard; size does matter.

I appreciate the honesty BEFORE the game is released. Even though I don't like the comment, it will save me $50 in the end. I won't be buying this game. I think this is a poor decision by GRIN because I doubt you will see the same number of sales as you did with the first fiasco. People learn from their mistakes and there won't be as many people buying a product for the name this time. But nonetheless, live and die by your errors. I do appreciate the honestly anyway.

How can you be so sure GRAW was a fiasco? Have you seen the total sales?

The majority of players don't hang out at forums.

Edited by Hockeystick

How can you be so sure GRAW was a fiasco? Have you seen the total sales?

The majority of players don't hang out at forums.

The problem is that they dont hang out at MP servers either. I think that GRAW sales were ok because huge crowd bought "Advanced Warfighter" because it had "Ghost Recon" in front of it ;)

The M-16 series is (almost) as numerous as the AK, that's not going to change in 10 years.

The troll smells blood, could you back that up? I really don't have any numbers, but with US being the only source of M-16 and a whole bunch of other countries producing AKs I would bet (without actually knowing) that the AK dwarf the M-16 when it comes to amount produced. :huh:

OHhhhh this is rediculous....Gene Stoner's design served us since the 60s....the M-8 never served us...period. No comparison.

And the MR-C has? As I recall there hasn't even been a prototype to test out of that gun, and yet I don't hear an outcry over that.

No point in arguing over this anyway since the M8 is in anyway.

Edited by Nutlink

but with US being the only source of M-16 and a whole bunch of other countries producing AKs I would bet (without actually knowing) that the AK dwarf the M-16 when it comes to amount produced. :huh:
Perhaps I should have phrased that differently. :hmm:

M-16 (and variants) aren't exactly handed out at Liberation Front house-warming parties so I'm sure you are right, in terms of raw numbers Mikhail Timofeyevich has nothing to worry about.

However there have been quite a few licensing agreements worldwide so I think its safe to assume that there are other M-16 production lots out there not of U.S. origin. But then I'm not a gun nut either so maybe I should stop pretending to know what I'm talking about. :rofl:

but with US being the only source of M-16 and a whole bunch of other countries producing AKs I would bet (without actually knowing) that the AK dwarf the M-16 when it comes to amount produced. :huh:
Perhaps I should have phrased that differently. :hmm:

M-16 (and variants) aren't exactly handed out at Liberation Front house-warming parties so I'm sure you are right, in terms of raw numbers Mikhail Timofeyevich has nothing to worry about.

However there have been quite a few licensing agreements worldwide so I think its safe to assume that there are other M-16 production lots out there not of U.S. origin. But then I'm not a gun nut either so maybe I should stop pretending to know what I'm talking about. :rofl:

I don't know much myself. But as Both China and (USSR/)Ru got hefty conventional forces when it comes to boots on the ground, I would say that the Ak, got an edge.