Ubisoft Catch Up Screen Shots and info

http://ghostrecon.uk.ubi.com/

Nice to see them on the ball :wall:

Well, info is still extremely sparse :( and tells nothing of relevance really

By the way, has anyone seen any preview in the German language?

There was a German journalist mentioned in the Swedish article originating from the intervju made at Grin's office

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...st&p=445274

http://ghostrecon.uk.ubi.com/

Nice to see them on the ball :wall:

Well, info is still extremely sparse :( and tells nothing of relevance really

By the way, has anyone seen any preview in the German language?

There was a German journalist mentioned in the Swedish article originating from the intervju made at Grin's office

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...st&p=445274

The Recon mode looks like it will be fun and will may be, bring some long lost feelings of tension in a game.

It would be nice to know how many players you can use on this mission???????????????

I like the Screens far better than the first ones we saw last year.

This is typical recon image, with the Ghosts sneaking behind the enemy & silent (they might even use weapon silencers when available in the kit chosen by the player).

I wonder if this means we can attach/detach silencers during a mission. I really liked that feature in R6 Vegas.

As a side note, the mounted gun that can be seen on the screen, might be used afterwards by you or your ghosts. (new feature in GRAW2 PC)

As seen on the screen, the foreground Ghost is in “Recon”, one of the new Rules of Engagement of GRAW2. When ordered to stay in “Recon” mode, the team mates will not shoot (unless they’re under attack), stay quiet & be cautious (crouched when moving) to avoid enemies.

ROE and use of stationairy guns

those are big huge (<--- not an add) improvements/returns

thanks, now we'll see how it works out :D

very excited about the new game mode

Edited by sui317

The Recon mode looks like it will be fun and will may be, bring some long lost feelings of tension in a game.

It would be nice to know how many players you can use on this mission???????????????

I like the Screens far better than the first ones we saw last year.

I like the recon part mentioned for the campaign etc :thumbsup: , but I'm still concerned about the MP gameplay and features lost from GR, that drove away a lot of MP and coop players. (specific issues/causes has been mentioned several times and I see no need to repeat them here).

Those few GRAW (T vs T servers) with players regularly today feature unlimited spawns, and run'n'gun type of gameplay which gets pretty boring after a few games. This is because imo GRAW was designed to favour this type of MP gameplay too much.

I'm not too thrilled about the new Assult vs Recon MP game mode either, as mentioned in the Swedish article. It sounds like it is going to be an unbalanced version of Siege, but we'll see...

I'd rather have seen that Bo said they put efforts into the TDM HH, and coop (which in GR kept the US/EU clans, ladders and fungames and matching going). Time will tell...

It's nice to see some info about the maps, maybe I'm getting old, but the lack of professionalism grates a little bit.

The objectives of the mission occur in the depicted building: you’ll see that the different accesses to it and the width of the map allow very strategies between you & your team mates.

Say what? :hmm: I could go on, but it's painful stuff.

i think it is more dependend on the players and respawn rules than the gameplay or design,

games in the last five years came closer and closer in gameplay design,

more people favour to run and gun their way towards victory

and the more carefull player or hidden camping sniper is more often being over run, that is how most games play now a days, but it is the player who does run and gun, not the game,

you could just as easy run and gun in [GR], but there was one limiting factor, distance, and cover.

hopefully with new rural maps that will bwe set straight but you will still see the run and gun tactic, because that is how most people prefer to play

server settings would help with run and gun, but with multiple spawns,

even those who run benefit because they are first to the spots that matter.

It's nice to see some info about the maps, maybe I'm getting old, but the lack of professionalism grates a little bit.

The objectives of the mission occur in the depicted building: you’ll see that the different accesses to it and the width of the map allow very strategies between you & your team mates.

Say what? :hmm: I could go on, but it's painful stuff.

No not getting old mate.

It all sounds good to me. Seems like GRIN have listend to us a lot. We finally got recon back in the game and indoorfighting, and we also got some wanted features like multiple insertionpoints and more freedom in completing objectives.

With better MP at release I think this will be a hit.

Edited by Hockeystick

you could just as easy run and gun in [GR].

Sure you could run'n gun in GR, but its far from the same...

First, imo "run'n gun" is favoured more in GRAW compared with [GR] because GRAW has:

1) higher strafing speed

2) higher accuracy shooting while strafing

3) very little punishment for taking a hit

4) you don't need to wait for any reticule to 'close'

5) you can slide and shoot fast and accurate

6) single shot rarely used, most players in GRAW burst or go full auto, as compared with GR (see above for the reasons why)

7) no limp or other long lasting noticeable punishment

8) lag, netcode, strafe speed issues...(in GR there was a more even fight between attacker and the stationary player eg around a corner, in GRAW the attacker normally always win because the stationary player gets a visual far too late, and even prefiring won't normally help)

A of these features mimic the "arcade" option in GR that no or very few GR servers ever used...

But please note I do NOT mean all these features are wrong, some of them are great features, it is just that the sum of them becomes "too much" imo.

Second, my point really was that the careful 'no spawns' GR T vs T players have mostly abandond GRAW, while they still had more of a role in GR, even on a multiple spawns server.

On AFZ server we have given up having our server set to 1 or a few spawns because we don't get any traffic to the server anymore (no players).

Grin,

This is a plea for you guys to make an VERY important decision. that decision is developing GRAW2 for XP and vista. I have JUST installed Windows Vista Business and I'm at DX10. DX10 is ALOT different from DX9 and what GRAW offered in the way games are now handled. the GPU now will carry the game burden while the CPU will do the AI and physics work.

I plead with you guys to please develop this game to NOT alienate Vista users but develop it to analyze a users PC and then install the version appropriate for the users Windows version.

This would REALLY kill sales if you don't address the Vista users.

Thanks,

Papa6

#1, i have not played [GR] in a while so i'll take your word on it

#2, maybe that is because they are different weapons ? and or people would complain about inaccurate weapons ? (god knows they would complain...)

#3, there is little but i think it is enough, or it is your aim that is off,

remembering a game on a server where i got you multiple times one shot / one burst, they are lethal weapons....

#4 never noticed reticules close time, i mostly shoot iron sight.

which does need to straighten befor i can shoot.

i remember some thing ... it is darn accurate when panic reacting

but that might then again be like #6

#5 i would say nice feature, but might be less accurate and have not seen it been used often.

#6 that is player option, one can say if the full auto feature was more wild and unrealistic in punishment people would complain, and i have read those here on the forum.... forgive me for not looking it up for you, but i think you have read those too

#7 no limp. i am with you here 100% that is the one thing that should return, but is also bound to #3 this form of punishment should return

limp no run after hit and aim problems when hit in arm or upper body

#8 i will take your word for it as i have no real knowledge on it.

but i do know if you know that, why not secure those critical points with snipers.... ???

#9 (don't know if you missed this or think it is not part of the run and gun problem) but the first hit is kill in a duel, often you can take a shot before you die and hit but never a draw death, this also promotes run and gun. as you are more fanatic and have a fifty fifty chance rather than a twentyfive seventyfive chance

any way i know partially what you are saying, but i think a lot of it has to do with the popularity of fun servers and fun games where things are run and gun from the ground up (like server settings and population, but in the punishment area i agree with you and that should be more severe and or looked at seriously, note that they made headshot ball bigger because of complaints here .....)

#9 (don't know if you missed this or think it is not part of the run and gun problem) but the first hit is kill in a duel, often you can take a shot before you die and hit but never a draw death, this also promotes run and gun. as you are more fanatic and have a fifty fifty chance rather than a twentyfive seventyfive chance

Yea I just forgot about it I just typed differences that came to my mind. #9 may contribute too

(I liked it that you actually both could end up dying in a firefight duel)

Anyhow, the sum of these alterations has made GRAW more "run'n gun" friendly. I'm not saying all features are wrong, but changing some of them would imo make a better balance in the game. And I think I may be right...

look at the # online players...GRAW is not very popular,

PS. about the reticule #4. What I meant was GRAW you don't need to wait, or at all care about the reticule when firing from the hip. It doesn't display the accuracy in the same way as it did in GR. The aim is highly accurate right away, no matter what the moving dots indicate, thus no need to wait after stopping for it to 'close in'. (Note once again, I'm not saying the GR reticule was better than weapon in view, and scope in as in GRAW)

i think from the hip should be without reticule

(although i was one who liked the old reticule back)

or shoting from the hip should have more spread, or uncontrolability

what ever seems more realistic....

as for the number of players....

i don't know about others, but i like the game and numbers of players do not change my perspective on the game, make it more run and gun and you get more CSS people in make it more realistic and the old folks are happy, it is a tricky balance act

i am just happy when i can play at a random moment, and use as little spawns as possible

i think it also has to do with attitude,

"oh heey i have 5 respawns, lets go and try running this way, lets run that way, 3 left, 8 min on the clock, lets snipe some, 5 min left, running is more fun, etc."

you often see people with most kills with lots of respawns, while i rather live out a 10 minute round without respawning on my own accord...

it is part of the attitude of the players as well, and with the new game mode recon vs assault, that attitude can now be learned when in recon team.

making it possible to be more tactical and team based, and less run and gun.

but we will have to see what graw 2 brings on that front

Grin,

This is a plea for you guys to make an VERY important decision. that decision is developing GRAW2 for XP and vista. I have JUST installed Windows Vista Business and I'm at DX10. DX10 is ALOT different from DX9 and what GRAW offered in the way games are now handled. the GPU now will carry the game burden while the CPU will do the AI and physics work.

I plead with you guys to please develop this game to NOT alienate Vista users but develop it to analyze a users PC and then install the version appropriate for the users Windows version.

This would REALLY kill sales if you don't address the Vista users.

Thanks,

Papa6

It works ok on Vista GRAW 1, no reason to think 2 wont be ok, 1 does have a couple lock up problems in vista but 8800 drivers and xfi hardware is still under beta drivers, still waiting on full version drivers,m both companys say drivers will be available at release, seems they are bit late.

Bit like Ubisoft :( with information releases.

well in Vista Business, the version I own now, my dxdiag shows me at DX10. When i try to start GRAW it locks up and i get a "not responding" message in task manager.

I did the compatibility as XP service pack2 and it still locks up? Colin any idea how you got it to work?

well in Vista Business, the version I own now, my dxdiag shows me at DX10. When i try to start GRAW it locks up and i get a "not responding" message in task manager.

I did the compatibility as XP service pack2 and it still locks up? Colin any idea how you got it to work?

Vista also runs DX9 depending if the game needs it. I would say your issue is probably due to the beta drivers and will go away once finalized. But that should be another topic, not in this one

Sure you could run'n gun in GR, but its far from the same...

First, imo "run'n gun" is favoured more in GRAW compared with [GR] because GRAW has:

1) higher strafing speed

2) higher accuracy shooting while strafing

3) very little punishment for taking a hit

4) you don't need to wait for any reticule to 'close'(Although this also relates to #2)

5) you can slide and shoot fast and accurate

6) single shot rarely used, most players in GRAW burst or go full auto, as compared with GR (see above for the reasons why) Also relates to #2

7) no limp or other long lasting noticeable punishment

8) lag, netcode, strafe speed issues...(in GR there was a more even fight between attacker and the stationary player eg around a corner, in GRAW the attacker normally always win because the stationary player gets a visual far too late, and even prefiring won't normally help)

A of these features mimic the "arcade" option in GR that no or very few GR servers ever used...

But please note I do NOT mean all these features are wrong, some of them are great features, it is just that the sum of them becomes "too much" imo.

Second, my point really was that the careful 'no spawns' GR T vs T players have mostly abandond GRAW, while they still had more of a role in GR, even on a multiple spawns server.

On AFZ server we have given up having our server set to 1 or a few spawns because we don't get any traffic to the server anymore (no players).

I'll highlight what i think it the most important in above with what leads to the run and gun as opposed to a slower more thought out gameplay...

As a side note, the mounted gun that can be seen on the screen, might be used afterwards by you or your ghosts. (new feature in GRAW2 PC)

As seen on the screen, the foreground Ghost is in “Reconâ€, one of the new Rules of Engagement of GRAW2. When ordered to stay in “Recon†mode, the team mates will not shoot (unless they’re under attack), stay quiet & be cautious (crouched when moving) to avoid enemies.

ROE and use of stationairy guns

those are big huge (<--- not an add) improvements/returns

thanks, now we'll see how it works out :D

very excited about the new game mode

That means there is a use item feature built in, which could also mean....doors...... Awh I'm hoping that's true, forget Vegas, forget Crysis, forget Vegas, get GRAW2 :rolleyes:

It was a straight forward install as normal.

sys

duo 6600

aw9d max board 2 gig corsair

g8800 gtx

vista home prem

xfi extreme music

It went on fine played ok.

it only locks up at the end of every game.

Like I said its drivers both sound and vid are still beta even on the final release of vista.

Anti spyware pc doctor

Virus soft nod 32 eset.

Just to add that lock up, on lan online open and in missions too.

2 gig ram is really the minimum for op sys and a game like this, I think when Crysis comes out Ill go to 3 gig just to be sure.

I am thinking GRAW 2 and vista together will need 2 to 3 gig ram just my thoughts.

Edited by Colin

it is the player who does run and gun, not the game

Agreed 100%! A game might "facilitate" run-n-gun over more tactical gameplay on occasion but ultimately it's the player who has to make the choice. That's also why I love options. Every difficulty option under the sun can group like-minded players together and you don't get the inevitable realsim vs fun wars on the forums. Besides, now even the facilitation is a player choice.

On the down side, multiple difficulty settings reduce the effective size of the community because it gets segmented into smaller and smaller niches. This apparent shrinking of the online game is tempered by a natural selection as the more popular difficulty gain dominance and the less popular ones go extinct but this takes quite some time. (a couple of years) By that time, unless the game is truly outstanding, most players have moved on or are thinking about it.

I'd hate to be the poor fellow in charge of making these decisions knowing full well that I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Edited by Pritzl

I'd hate to be the poor fellow in charge of making these decisions knowing full well that I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Options is the key, and reduces the risk of being "damned".

In due course the players will sort out what MP settings are the most popular and optimal, like they did in GR (which had a few more of the vital server options and map variability than GRAW has like next map random, random insertion (out of 4 zones), no friendly markers or "reticule only", arcade option, more map variety, day/night, different weather conditions etc)

That means there is a use item feature built in, which could also mean....doors...... Awh I'm hoping that's true, forget Vegas, forget Crysis, forget Vegas, get GRAW2 :rolleyes:

there was a use key already

(X) for rapelling down the rope and lifting the president, dropping him off in the chopper they just added new X features <_<

Options is the key, and reduces the risk of being "damned".

In due course the players will sort out what MP settings are the most popular and optimal, like they did in GR (which had a few more of the vital server options than GRAW has like next map map random, random insertion (out of 4 zones), no friendly markers or set to reticule only, arcade option, more map variety, day night, weather conditions etc)

oh and a rest room (afk) button :P