so 360 owner get a graw 2 demo but no word on pc?

If we can have all we have been asking for in the game... but it takes 3+ months longer than expected to make...

Who cares?

The longer it takes the more testing and things are added in.

A demo isnt that important atm because it runs a completely differant way to the consoles, we saw that with GRAW-360 and GRAW-PC, the 2 were dramatically differant..

Simply, if you want your extras, wait it out.

My point exactly. I want a great game from the get go, that play like GR or as close with all the bells and whistles from [GR] and what ever Grin want to add. If I need to wait till July or even December, so be it. GAMEPLAY Is A MUST!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like Rainbow Six Vegas. The console fanboys got their SP demo a month before the actual release. PC version still doesn't have a demo to this day. It wouldn't surprise me if this repeats again.

Ubi...disgusts me.

Not to be disrespectful, but I really don't appreciate your comments or how you generalize all console owners. Am I a "console fanboy" because I own an xbox 360? Why do you have to be either a pc gamer or console gamer? I can appreciate both sides of the hardware coin in my opinion. The focus of your anger shouldn't be on the consumers of the product just because they received a small demo which doesn't even seem like it was that great from the threads on the other board (i have a silver membership so I wouldn't know).

I don't know i'm probably taking it a little too personally, but some of you have just off in this thread as "console haters" when you could be a little more thoughtful of other forum members. I appreciate GRIN doing what they need to do to provide a great game. I hope they don't give into the pressures of deadlines, but stick to their gameplan and do it right.

I hear the 360 demo's short and unimpressive, but hasn't lessened anyone's interest in the game. It looks an awful lot better than the PC version, and if graw1's any indication, even plays a little better, and is a somewhat better value (especially considering it's practically two games in one; heavily upgraded GR2 for MP, and action/cover based GRAW for singleplayer.)

Course, my faulty new xbox overheats 20 minutes into play, so I'm not gonna' get much enjoyment out of it. :rofl:

I tried the 360 demo today and I must say that I'm unimpressed. It has the exact same main menu and same menu music, no biggie it's the gameplay that's matters right?

Well, the gameplay is the same as in GRAW and there is only one new gameplay improvement and that's the full screen cross com... that already exist is GRAW PC btw ;)

The MULE removes all tactical gameplay. You can pretty much run n gun and if you get hit you just run back to your mule and restore your health.

It's pretty much an expansion. A VERY good looking expansion though. But graphics alone doesn't deserve full price.

I have one major request for the PC version: NO health regeneration during missions!

Edited by Hockeystick

A VERY good looking expansion though. But graphics alone doesn't deserve full price.

You didn't know it was going to be a (stand alone, obviously) expansion?

I assumed the half length development cycle made that clear to pretty much everybody. PC version is gonna be the exact same way, unless GRIN hired in about 8x the staff the developed GRAW on.

Hockeystick

How about physx in GRAW 2 x360, does it better than GRAW PC? I mean explosions, destructible environtment, special effects and so on. :)

The explosions are definitely great :P

Haven't seen much of the destructible enviroment though, but I haven't played much either.

Anyway, it's just eye candy (except for the Black Hawk, geez).

Not worth $60 IMO, but we all knew that.

What makes me more positive about the PC version is probably all the changes that has been promised. Like more recon and tactics, better MP, more realism etc.

Hockeystick

Yep, hope PC version will be better.:)

:wall: , the pc version is going to rule. Wth is with you people. I am beginning to wonder if you guys actually like Ghost Recon.

GR,GR2,GR2:SS, and Graw are AWESOME! Graw2 is only going to make it better.

Edited by Demanufakture

Yeah, it's horrible. Ubisoft is pandering to it's clients. I mean, how dare they focus on their bottom line?

Sure, it sucks from the PC gamer point of view, but seriously, if the console market is dominant, why should Ubisoft step out of the box? Console gaming is out the door in terms of sales. PC gaming is a footnote these days. While I appreciate the distaste of a fellow PC gamer, it's a lost cause, and has been for a long time.

To point out a fact that is a bit buried these days: [GR], and I don't mean the GRAW co-op mode, was meant to be an Xbox (console!) launch title. The GR we know and love should have seen day one of the Xbox console launch day. Microsoft's technological issues prevented that.

[GR] was a pushed back Xbox title that also hit the PC. [GR] was a PC title that was pushed back on the Xbox.

The console market dominates at this time; it will continue to do so. Sorry. No matter how pricey a DX10 video card you buy, no matter how many gigs of RAM you buy, the console market will dominate. This is a historically a fact. Sure, there were moments when the (PC as in x86 Microsoft platform) was the industry leader, but those days are gone. They may come back, briefly, but it's still in the past.

Oh, and in the new generation of in-game advertisement, is it s a shock that a pay-to-play environment live Live! would get a demo, while the free to download platform (PC) would be relegated to second place?

Gaming is a business. Frag Dolls, television commercials, ads in game... the list goes on. It sucks, but games are almost as big an industry as Hollywood, these days. In fact, some games have bigger budgets than some Hollywood movies.

Welcome to commercial enterprise.

The PC is yesterday is because it takes MORE work to produce a game. console games are alot like MC Donalds, they pump out fantastic amounts of burgers(games) that taste horrible(suck), in less time and the console kids eat it up.

added: plus they can make the game for ONE platform hardware, consoles and they don't have to worry about patching the damn game. a lazy mans dream if you pardon the phrase.

Edited by Papa6

Yeah, it's horrible. Ubisoft is pandering to it's clients. I mean, how dare they focus on their bottom line?

Sure, it sucks from the PC gamer point of view, but seriously, if the console market is dominant, why should Ubisoft step out of the box? Console gaming is out the door in terms of sales. PC gaming is a footnote these days. While I appreciate the distaste of a fellow PC gamer, it's a lost cause, and has been for a long time.

To point out a fact that is a bit buried these days: [GR], and I don't mean the GRAW co-op mode, was meant to be an Xbox (console!) launch title. The GR we know and love should have seen day one of the Xbox console launch day. Microsoft's technological issues prevented that.

[GR] was a pushed back Xbox title that also hit the PC. [GR] was a PC title that was pushed back on the Xbox.

The console market dominates at this time; it will continue to do so. Sorry. No matter how pricey a DX10 video card you buy, no matter how many gigs of RAM you buy, the console market will dominate. This is a historically a fact. Sure, there were moments when the (PC as in x86 Microsoft platform) was the industry leader, but those days are gone. They may come back, briefly, but it's still in the past.

Oh, and in the new generation of in-game advertisement, is it s a shock that a pay-to-play environment live Live! would get a demo, while the free to download platform (PC) would be relegated to second place?

Gaming is a business. Frag Dolls, television commercials, ads in game... the list goes on. It sucks, but games are almost as big an industry as Hollywood, these days. In fact, some games have bigger budgets than some Hollywood movies.

Welcome to commercial enterprise.

I would like to add some comments.

This commercial enterprise (the world) is indeed 110% money-driven (kapitalistic). Thus logically crowning the console to their number one priority, u might think ... I am however sure that the 'PC-terrain' despite a very big significant difference in money-income to its producers is however at least of equal importance, let me explain in two words why i think this. Intellectual feedback.

I dont know if there has ever been a poll to what the average age is with GR-PC-players and GR-console-players, but i imagen it to be a significant difference. I think pc-players are more involved and want to contribute more then console gamers who generally only want a fast and good game without any other 'BS'.

I dont want to trash the console gamers; because i know (first-handed) a console can be very fun and thats whats it for!

Indeed there is logically more money being 'invested' in the console-product because the sale-incomes are logically a priority to this compagny. But my point is, intellectaly this forum is very important for the producers. The experience of modders and other in real live military ppl who play this game is, i would think, off equal importance for the long-time future of this game because GR is all about MILITARY REALISM (=GR-minded) and i hope this never changes. Off course sales have to be made, money has be earned; but the product has to be f good.

Let not fool ourselfs, there is valuable input generated by this forum. And this input together with the latests military technologies should be the emphasis off the (future) of the game GR.

If the producers have money-problems they should knoch on other doors for sponsership. I am thinking on indeed weapon-producers like Heckler en Koch; Steyr; Smith en Wesson; Beretta; ... All million-dollar campagnys who weapons we use in GR. From their point of view; the commercial advertisement they would/could make by officialy contributing to GR would be not small. REALISM has to be stressed again here. Think about it!!

The PC is yesterday is because it takes MORE work to produce a game. console games are alot like MC Donalds, they pump out fantastic amounts of burgers(games) that taste horrible(suck), in less time and the console kids eat it up.

Were you so unsure about your proclamation you really had to explicitly explain your metaphor? :rofl:

To each how own, but there are an awful lot of high quality console games. Due to industry trends, many more well made games come out on the ps2/360/wii than are out on the PC right now.

A more fair example would be calling console games pretty much all meat food, while you prefer vegetarian stuff. Some studies say what you're into is better for you, but people have always enjoyed high quality steaks (and low quality burgers) and there's absolutely no reason for them to stop just because you say it's wrong.

Just like Rainbow Six Vegas. The console fanboys got their SP demo a month before the actual release. PC version still doesn't have a demo to this day. It wouldn't surprise me if this repeats again.

Ubi...disgusts me.

Not to be disrespectful, but I really don't appreciate your comments or how you generalize all console owners. Am I a "console fanboy" because I own an xbox 360? Why do you have to be either a pc gamer or console gamer? I can appreciate both sides of the hardware coin in my opinion. The focus of your anger shouldn't be on the consumers of the product just because they received a small demo which doesn't even seem like it was that great from the threads on the other board (i have a silver membership so I wouldn't know).

I don't know i'm probably taking it a little too personally, but some of you have just off in this thread as "console haters" when you could be a little more thoughtful of other forum members. I appreciate GRIN doing what they need to do to provide a great game. I hope they don't give into the pressures of deadlines, but stick to their gameplan and do it right.

I agree....the fanboy thing was a little uncalled for. I have both the 360 and PC version of GRAW and I'll probably have both of GRAW 2.

I think PC gamers have always gotten screwed when it comes to games like this. Look at what happened with GR2. Was a horrible game(atleast for PS2) but the fact of the matter is they still got their game when all we got was squat. But I kinda have to thank the Devs for that one because that game really sucked for PS2 and it was the last PS2 game I ever played. Us PC gamers just need to be patient. I heard the PC game is being released at the end of March. Haven't heard that about 360 or PS3. They'll probably get their copies March 9th. These things happen. Janet Jackson had a wardrobe malfunction. Ubi just had a calendar glitch(LOL) I'm not complaining. The last GRAW was a success and I think this one will be even better.

Last GRAW was a success?

I guess they forgot to tell the community about that one.

If it was such a success, more people would be playing it then [GR].

or are you talking about on 360?

Fact is, GRAW tanked big time on the PC.

Being patient isnt going to help anything, by continueing to support them and their crap games, your not giving them any motivation to create better games. If your still going to purchase crap games, they are going to continue to release crap games.

Theres no way I'll buy GRAW2, unless they release a great demo (so I can try it myself) and the full game with great reviews with thousands of people playing. It has to be finished at release. It has to have Punkbuster (with community supportable cvars, like AA) and replays. It has to have way better modability. Also more options. More weapons. All gametypes availible to all maps. Hardly any bugs. Great SP and MP. It has to come match ready.

It has to have long replayablity like [GR].

Anything less, and its not worth it to me.

Edited by -|-aMMo-|-