GR.Net Folding Team

XavierOnasis

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad thing happened today. As I was playing along and watching MBM5 while folding@ 100%. I noticed my temps were bloody high. I've never seen them go this high in folding, Prime95 or any benchemark before. I am having to turn down the CPU usage so that I don't wake up to a burnt CPU :( This is a setback. I don't care about the other computers though, they can run at 100C since they aren't mine :)

Where would one go to get temperature monitoring software? I'm a bit concerned about my notebook. I realize laptops run warmer than desktops (They're designed to, in fact), but I had to tilt it up and turn my desk fan to blow on/under it before it was satisfactorily cool.

MBM5 is what I use. You can goodgle for it (easy to find), but I doubt it will support your laptop's mobo maybe though. I posted at another forum and the temp I was gettin was supposedly fine so its cranked up again. Still its odd.

Also when running the GROMAC core projects temps should be up to 4C higher so that would make sense.

Edited by Stinger

Not my fault they give you higher point stuff :P And I thought about it, you say you have a 2.8 and a 1.0 for a total of 3.8GHz power. I have a 2.4, 800Mhz and a 333 so Im only pimpin 3.533GHz. So you actually have more power, but after I install my new mobo and OC prepare to be thrashed!

Your 2.4's dual-booted, right? That means you've got two to choose from, and can run the higher-valued WU as the priority
True, and I do :D

Processor speed has little to do with it. You're going to win by attrition alone. I'm just trying to beat you back
Processor speed has the most to do with it. I dont know what attrition is *scurrys off to dictionary.com*

A rubbing away or wearing down by friction.

A gradual diminution in number or strength because of constant stress.

A gradual, natural reduction in membership or personnel, as through retirement, resignation, or death.

Repentance for sin motivated by fear of punishment rather than by love of God.

ah I see yes lol Brute Force... :D