GR.Net Folding Team

XavierOnasis

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a question. I've got two completed protiens in my queue, but can't seem to send them. Is there a way to send'em using the console?

Not sure really, I've never had one in a queve. You may have to ask smarter people...or maybe I don't want you to get them sent *checks XO's new score if they are all 70 210 :o:o:o * :devil:

Check the stats, boyo. The 2nd protien was the 200 WU one my 1ghz was folding. How I'm getting so many points for my folds is beyond me. Still have 2 complete in the queue on my laptop ;) Still trying to flush it, and send'em to Stanford.

For those playing at home, the current stats are here

Edited by XavierOnasis

lol yea im working on a 1250 myself too course i turn the folding off between 12 pm to 1 am cause well im gaming lol then i leave it on all night ive gotten 1 400 done but that was it ive barely started working on the 1250 since well i only finished the 400 last night

The more people we can get the better, Rocky still no front page???

@XO, I looked on that page and I've got some big point projects Im working on :P You just wait!

@Texan, why aren't you showing up in the Team stats page? http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/teampage?q=32096 Is your team set to 32096? Or did you maybe just finish the 400 a bit ago?

Edited by Stinger

The more people we can get the better, Rocky still no front page???

@XO, I looked on that page and I've got some big point projects Im working on :P You just wait!

Stinger: I figured out how to send the cached protiens into F@H :D

I'm working on the 1250 as well... moving quite along, too

I've got two boxes going, neither of them full time. Can't fold while playing GR, for example.

This one, a 2.8GHz P4 Laptop, and a 1.0GHz Athlon Desktop.

GROMACS protiens (The Biggies, >500) seem to go a heck of a lot faster than the TINKER protiens.(<400). Would be nice if they'd optimize the tinker code like they've done with the gromacs.

I really wanna borg all the computers in the university labs, but that ain't gonna happen. 10 labs, 30 computers each *drool*

I've got the following as my slaves...for now :devil:

P4 2.4GHz

512MB RAM

AMD Athlon 800MHz

256MB RAM

Celly@ 333MHz

64MB Ram (pc66 haha)

The celly takes about 4 days for a 400.

My AMD and the main rig (mine) are both doing projects that count as 70pts. The XP F@H on my computer is doing one worth 27pts :( same as Celly

You're lucky to have such a nice laptop ;) What model is it?

Edited by Stinger

You're lucky to have such a nice laptop ;) What model is it?

*Sheepishly scratches face*

It's a Compaq. 512 megs of RAM, but a Radeon 345 IGP video chipset. Trying to score an opaqe BMW-Williams formula 1 sticker to cover up the Compaq logo on the back of the LCD.

Ironically, the Desktop's a Compaq too. Not because of brand loyalty, but because it was the cheapest, fastest laptop I could afford.

It's a Compaq. 512 megs of RAM, but a Radeon 345 IGP video chipset. Trying to score an opaqe BMW-Williams formula 1 sticker to cover up the Compaq logo on the back of the LCD.
LMFAO! I had to buy a new case, its cheepish trying to look cool motif just got on my nerves.

Ironically, the Desktop's a Compaq too. Not because of brand loyalty, but because it was the cheapest, fastest laptop I could afford.
I did same here cept a Desktop, but now its a hybrid...I wonder what the market for custom Laptops is like. I almost always only hear about Desktop parts and such. Edited by Stinger

You shall not derail my thread! Folding is the topic here!!11!

err..

Compaq Desktop is a sorta-hybrid. put a GF2 GTS in it the day I brought it home. The Custom Laptop market is nonexistant. Essentially all videochips are integrated into the motherboard (There are a few that aren't, but they are manufacturer-eyes-only, I believe). Then you've gotta get a chassis that matches up all the plugs and adaptors on the main board with the ones in the case. Pretty much only OEM builders can afford to do this.

The company that makes home-customizable laptops will make a freaking mint.

By way of 'mods', about the only viable one is to pry off the heatsinks (one on the processor, one under the keyboard on most notebooks) and replace the thermal epoxy w/ Arctic Silver. But there's not a snowball's chance in hell that I'm gonna attempt that with this comp, not when parts are essentially non-replacable.

i have the team number right i just dont know whats going on whast weird is it says im on team overclockers australia for some damn reason but when i got to team status i get the GR.net team i dont know whats up and yeah how to you send in yer deals lol

As of now, our team score is 577.9, with 16 work units completed. We are ranked 2808th.

4 members have completed work units, with at least 2 more starting up.

All those computers sitting out there, just idling away... Put'em to good use! Help me thrash Stinger into submission! :P Join Today!

The celly is folding a 400@269

The Athlon is folding a 1250@778

And XP Pro is folding a 400@172

And 2K3 Server is folding a 400@216

The last 2 have to take turns since I dual boot :( Seems my internet connection wants to act like ISDN getting slower and

slower holy crap. Its at a quarter of the speed it usually get on toast.net. Ill call comcast tomorrow *sniff sniff* and take a shower now :) (extra busy day)