GRAW 2 PC Release Date

Sorry if this is old info, but according to Total Video Games, Ubisoft confirmed that GRAW 2 for the PC will ship on March 9. The TVG story is dated January 3. So, we're talking 2 months.

For those of you in the industry that know:

1. How much time does that leave for development?

2. How long does it take to print manuals, press disks, box them up, & ship them out?

3. If the release date is correct, does that mean development basically complete?

I know a similar thread was posted in the 360 forum:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41197

Edited by Cangaroo[TNT]

Normally games go gold and then take 4 - 6 weeks till release date, So for GRAW2 it must be nearly complete or just the fine tuning left to do. GRiN have been very, very quiet on any game information (burnt fingers from last time i suppose!) even Willie's not up to his normal cryptic self on this release :grin2:

Yea, if it is on schedule it should go gold really soon. But. delays are nothing new as we all know... :hmm:

Anyway, I'm kind of hoping that experienced MP betatesters have done (or do) their job well, and make their best effort to prevent a pre-term release which may further dimish the MP community...

Also some news (announcement by UBI) on system requirements and core features of the PC version, and trailer :) would be highly appreciated (the xbox dudes got their trailers yesterday)...

As I noticed................. :shifty: ...........The GRiN team is lurking about.

I just hope its as good as the first, with some improvements. A lot of the "stuff" I see in the XBox version DOES look cool............ :thumbsup:

However, I suspect it will "release" after , just as the original did........... :o

But I agree with everyone, some info about what might be in the game would be appreciated............. :rolleyes:

Kingkat.................... :thumbsup:

LOL thats funny. UBI make an announcement about the PC version.

Well, it is pretty simple, UBI is the publisher, they make all official announcements about GRAW 2, even for PC...

I do not see the fun, unless you are sarcastic? ( I think you are but I'm not sure)

Knowing what path the UBI directors has chosen for GR (hero character, linear gameplay, focus on consoles and SP ) it is slighly worrying what the PC version will be, despite the best efforts from the GRIN team.

We can hope that Bo or somebody from GRIN will reveal some details about the PC version here, but I doubt it will happen.

i think it is better to wait for a demo (prior to release or the same day)

rather than having bo or any other grinner talk the talk and us hear the words we hear the way we want to hear,

maybe clean info from ubi would be better, raw data, less excitement less fuss less misunderstandings and disapointments

i would like to hear and speculate, but knowing last time and gr2

i think it is better for all of us to have ubi info only, preferably simple non misunderstandable info

even Willie's not up to his normal cryptic self on this release :grin2:

I don't think he will ever mention anything ever again about GRAW 2.

Apparently he is not working for GRIN anymore. He is working at Dice! :blink:

Atleast according to GR.net. He is no longer GRIN_Wille. He is now just... Wille... at Dice.

Edited by Hockeystick

I doubt there will be a demo for GRAW2 since GRAW is it. On the one hand, I'd prefer all efforts be directed towards the full game rather than having valuable resources diverted to a demo. On the other, it is sorely needed to demonstrate just how much was added to the game.

There had BETTER be a demo. For one thing, the XboX360 crowd will likely get one (after all, it's what was reviewed in the news for GRAW2-X). And the PC crowd can use it to direct the initial debugging before the retail version even goes on sale. By the time it's out, there can already be a patch in the works. Any one is a FOOL to think there won't be bugs with the broad diversity of PC hardware out there.

So there had also better be talk of system specs soon. REAL soon. If the March release date is realistic, then that means less than 2 months to go. This far out from GRAW's release we had the system specs for it. I know. I blew over $1,200.00 upgrading my PC to handle it before it was even released. Heck, 4 months before the demo even.

But reality also hints to me for a later release date, say maybe around September. Based on past experiences...

Atleast according to GR.net. He is no longer GRIN_Wille. He is now just... Wille... at Dice.

Whoa, your right! It's no wonder he's not around here much anymore...

Edited by Nutlink

As we've leraned the HARD way around here, a console review doesn't even guarantee that we've got a PC version coming. But I believe that GRAW2 will make it to PC.

SOME features that IGN mentioned I think will make the PC game. The MEDIC is pretty certain, as is that MULE thingy. Both make more use of the showcase CrossCom (make sure you roll-back your CrossCom OS to version 1.1, kiddies!), so UBI's sure to insist on them.

OTHERS I doubt we'll see, like some or all of the multiplayer maps mentioned. We didn't get any of the cool ones for GRAW that were on the Xbox360 version, did we? Though I bet we get other cool ones (Think John Doe's Hellhole) that won't make it to console. For that matter, I'd THINK that UBI would recognize its importance and insist on the [GR] COOP mode (if not renamed to something that doesn't invoke a 6 year old game) being included at some point.

Looking at the cover functions per Xbox360, I'm wondering which came first- the chicken (GRAW) or the egg (Gears of War)...

Something tells me GRAW2 will still be wearing the silver medal at the end of '07...

As we've leraned the HARD way around here, a console review doesn't even guarantee that we've got a PC version coming. But I believe that GRAW2 will make it to PC.

SOME features that IGN mentioned I think will make the PC game. The MEDIC is pretty certain, as is that MULE thingy. Both make more use of the showcase CrossCom (make sure you roll-back your CrossCom OS to version 1.1, kiddies!), so UBI's sure to insist on them.

OTHERS I doubt we'll see, like some or all of the multiplayer maps mentioned. We didn't get any of the cool ones for GRAW that were on the Xbox360 version, did we? Though I bet we get other cool ones (Think John Doe's Hellhole) that won't make it to console. For that matter, I'd THINK that UBI would recognize its importance and insist on the [GR] COOP mode (if not renamed to something that doesn't invoke a 6 year old game) being included at some point.

Looking at the cover functions per Xbox360, I'm wondering which came first- the chicken (GRAW) or the egg (Gears of War)...

Something tells me GRAW2 will still be wearing the silver medal at the end of '07...

I think this thread...

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...90&hl=Medic

leads us to believe there is no medic in GRAW2 PC

Whoa, your right! It's no wonder he's not around here much anymore...

He left Grin last thursday. And also he wasn't working on GRAW2 but was on the other Grin project. Which gives him less GRAW2 stuff to be cryptic about. ;)

its very true, you have to rub grin_bumbi´s tummy from now on to get the good stuff! :)

but Its not like im gone, ill haunt this place like a ghost(pun very much intended) in an old castle!

An my tummy feels funny.... :shhhh:

Seriously, it's the same drill as last time: All information about the game will be announced officially by Ubisoft - the keepers of the good stuff. But please keep discussions going, and post feedback when you do get info since as some of you noticed, we do lurk here.

And Wille, I hope you have fun over there, make BF a bit more realistic will you? :D

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, but from the video I saw (of the 360 version) I thought the mechanics of the team placement function mimicked FSW. I don't know where THQ got their concept for that; if it was new or copied from another title. Anyway, I liked the way it worked in FSW. By using the markers, you always knew exactly where your guys were going, and ordering them about was very easy.

As for the ability to climb, perhaps it's one of the "exit cover" commands. Maybe you can go around, over, or under. I highly doubt it, but perhaps.

its very true
I hear the guys at Dice hate cats. Edited by Cangaroo[TNT]

its very true, you have to rub grin_bumbi´s tummy from now on to get the good stuff! :)

but Its not like im gone, ill haunt this place like a ghost(pun very much intended) in an old castle!

An my tummy feels funny.... :shhhh:

Seriously, it's the same drill as last time: All information about the game will be announced officially by Ubisoft - the keepers of the good stuff. But please keep discussions going, and post feedback when you do get info since as some of you noticed, we do lurk here.

And Wille, I hope you have fun over there, make BF a bit more realistic will you? :D

Wholy ###### does this mean that former GRIN_Wille moved to the BF2 developers?

Poor Wille, don't you know GRAW is way more fun to play (And I recon to build too) Awh some people make wrong decisions, its not all about the money you know..... :blink::rofl: