New IGN preview!

Clum-Z-Boy

I b'lieve the title says it all, so here's the link.

GRAW 2 SP Preview.

Check out the screenshots... I'm unimpressed by Mitchell's camo (seriously pixelated), the explosion in one of the new screenshots looks like something I'd see in a Saturday morning cartoon... but at least Paul Smith looks like one helluva badass... not (I especially like the twelve, count 'em, twelve 203 'nades he's carrying. He's the new rambo for sure).

Okay, okay, I'm being overly critical. I'm more than willing to give the game a chance... most of this stuff is probably still placeholder. Except for Paul Smith, sadly. What can I say? That non-regulation haircut left a mark on me.

Oh, and before I finish: Mr. Doug "Military Expert" Perry did it again.

As soon as they encountered me, they hurled mortal shells and small bombs, forcing my team and me to move.

Ah, those mortal shells... I feel like hurling a small bomb myself now.

Check out the screenshots... I'm unimpressed by Mitchell's camo (seriously pixelated)

His uniform is supposed to be pixelated, the Ghosts are now wearing the ACU pattern, which is a digital, pixelated pattern. :P

I especially like the twelve, count 'em, twelve 203'nades he's carrying. He's the new rambo for sure
That not as unrealistic as you may think, there is kit out there that allows soldiers to carry that many, if not more, 203 rounds.

I meant pixelated in a bad way. I realize this is digital camo, but the texture itself is muddy.

As for the 203 'nades... I knew I should've done more research, but you'll admit, that does look quite... odd.

EDIT: Yes... me making fun of the "203 belt," and subsequently making fun of Doug Perry for his inaccuracies is quite ironic.

Edited by Clum-Z-Boy

I am just happy with the wealth of MP info .. glad to see the Medic in MP, The mule in MP, th ekick butt explosions, the Uber CrossCom and all the other goodies - especially all the great MP maps, weapons, and new gametypes .... and glad to see they finally told us what to expect to have to pay for all this GRAW goodness.

screw the screenshots, videos is where its at.....

my favorite things thus far..

-I dont know what everyone is smoking because there is definately a substantial graphical upgrade

-love how the cross com is full-screen view now....i further love the fact that u can set points for you fireteam from crosscom view as well as pick targets for them to shoot..

-in GRAW the embassy defense was an intense sequence which the game never really managed to match throughout the rest of the game.....the video footage already showcases many comparable sequences..

-helo sequences still in...the video really showcased the great explosions and incredible physics/particle system.

-seems to be more enemies onscreen as well as more mobile

-lastly even though i love the silent scoreless original recon games its hard to hate the score for both graw and graw 2 when it is of such high quality.

Barring some horrible mishaps on down the line this is another sure purchase for me....great work fellas...this game turned into a must have for me.

PS this game better have an m14 and a HK 416 in it somewhere :o=

Edited by 5timechamp

screw the screenshots, videos is where its at.....

-I dont know what everyone is smoking because there is definately a substantial graphical upgrade

-seems to be more enemies onscreen as well as more mobile

-lastly even though i love the silent scoreless original recon games its hard to hate the score for both graw and graw 2 when it is of such high quality.

Barring some horrible mishaps on down the line this is another sure purchase for me....great work fellas...this game turned into a must have for me.

PS this game better have an m14 and a HK 416 in it somewhere :o=

Well, I was 'smoking' screenshots. You see, when I was posting this, the videos weren't still up. My criticisms were based on the screenshots only.

More enemies on screen? Alright... now I just wish for a bit more health, or perhaps a rechargeable health system, and an option to put a bag containing an ammo belt feeding my M249, so I can run around, rambo-style. Not.

As for a score... yeah, that was one of the things which impressed me most in GRAW1, and I expect they'll do a good job this time around too.

It looks to me like a small step in the right direction. The ability to see through your teammates vision is a throw back to GR1 character swapping, and being able to give directions through their vision can open more tactical possibilties.

I just hope they incorporate a less linear approach to the level design and allow players to go full on approach(hard way) or stealthy( think and slowly take down the enemy without exposing your self to much).

oh yeah....... please let up equip or teammates with silenced weapons...please???

Clum-z needs to stop routing his video to his 13" B&W Zenith with the broken sharpness knob. This is looking good and if my eyes don't deceive me it looks like you can switch between characters in SP. It looks like the graphics received a nice overhaul and there are some great textures in there.

I doubt there will be a demo but we can only ask. I, for one, am eagerly awaiting the March release of GRAW2.

Clum-z needs to stop routing his video to his 13" B&W Zenith with the broken sharpness knob. This is looking good and if my eyes don't deceive me it looks like you can switch between characters in SP. It looks like the graphics received a nice overhaul and there are some great textures in there.

I doubt there will be a demo but we can only ask. I, for one, am eagerly awaiting the March release of GRAW2.

19" LG without any knobs (now you're gonna pick on me that I'm "showing off" when you're out of arguments?).

First thing's first. I'm entitled to my opinion, and you needn't attack me personally just because I give it. Furthermore, if you're to attack me, at least back it up with valid arguments, not the "I think," and "you suck" variety.

And before I start, let me point out the fact, for the second time, that I didn't even see the videos when I was commenting, because they weren't up. Were you actually paying attention, or did you zone out when I offered up some mildly sarcastic criticism on your all-time favorite game?

So, we get to the videos that I just saw. You know what? I won't even comment on the graphics based on those vids. They are low-res (like anything else on IGN unless you're an "Insider"), and until I see HD stuff up on GameTrailers, I can't either sing praises nor spit and grumble.

But no, you can't control other members of your team. You can just see what they see. Full-screen. Your eyes were obviously deceiving you. :shifty:

As for textures... again, no comments on the video. But in the screenshots, they looked bad.

One more thing... Forza Motorsport 2 has better 3D grass. :D

And since everyone here missed that part: this is merely criticism based on a Beta or even Alpha version of the game, and I am more than willing to change my tune when the placeholder stuff is replaced by real assets.

19" LG without any knobs (now you're gonna pick on me that I'm "showing off" when you're out of arguments?).

First thing's first. I'm entitled to my opinion, and you needn't attack me personally just because I give it. Furthermore, if you're to attack me, at least back it up with valid arguments, not the "I think," and "you suck" variety.

And before I start, let me point out the fact, for the second time, that I didn't even see the videos when I was commenting, because they weren't up. Were you actually paying attention, or did you zone out when I offered up some mildly sarcastic criticism on your all-time favorite game?

So, we get to the videos that I just saw. You know what? I won't even comment on the graphics based on those vids. They are low-res (like anything else on IGN unless you're an "Insider"), and until I see HD stuff up on GameTrailers, I can't either sing praises nor spit and grumble.

But no, you can't control other members of your team. You can just see what they see. Full-screen. Your eyes were obviously deceiving you. :shifty:

As for textures... again, no comments on the video. But in the screenshots, they looked bad.

And since everyone here missed that part: this is merely criticism based on a Beta or even Alpha version of the game, and I am more than willing to change my tune when the placeholder stuff is replaced by real assets.

It looks like the same game with a few new bells and whistles! I like the idea of the squad view (looking at what they can see in full screen mode) however.....I did notice some building pop up out of nowhere on top of hill as the character turned......ouch!!! :wall:

I am just hoping for more in the MP side of the game......I'll enjoy the SP for it looks and big bang factor.....other than that its just wasted disc space.....sounds kinda harsh but I think the modern gamer demands more these days.... :thumbsup:

No picking, just playfull banter. I didn't see the high def either but you don't have to be an insider to view the "Watch it now" high rez. I was commenting on the fact that you commented on pixelated camo that is meant to look that way.

I didn't say "I think," or "you suck" but, I think you suck. Why comment on the IGN review if you didn't view the vids? Just wondering.

Screenshots always look bad because screen capture is primarily lo-rez. This is the best stuff I have seen from UBI on the 360 and it should be even better once its finalized.

Edited by beonder13

OXM have another preview with a video interview. Much of the same stuff. One thing has me worried though

Rates of fire and weapon selection has now been stripped down and streamlined into one menu, another result of listening to player feedback.

I hope this isnt true and we can adjust rate of fire accordingly throughout the mission. Maybe im just misreading it.( yeah I was misreading it, I was thinking of the loadout screen, I forgotabout switching to pistol or grenades)

http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/previews/strategy/graw_2

(see how GRAW2 was filed under strategy in link?)

Gamespot also have a hands on preview

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gra...p;click=topslot

Edited by Calgar99

"streamlined into one menu"

LOL

(console version)

Streamined into a MENU? If they were listening to ME it would have been streamlined into one BUTTON. What ruins the controls in GR & Rainbow games (worse in GR) is all the submenus. Changing weapons, ROF and all is ridiculous and *slow*.

Edited by Raw Kryptonite

No picking, just playfull banter. I didn't see the high def either but you don't have to be an insider to view the "Watch it now" high rez. I was commenting on the fact that you commented on pixelated camo that is meant to look that way.

I didn't say "I think," or "you suck" but, I think you suck. Why comment on the IGN review if you didn't view the vids? Just wondering.

Screenshots always look bad because screen capture is primarily lo-rez. This is the best stuff I have seen from UBI on the 360 and it should be even better once its finalized.

-"High res" videos aren't anything to judge a game's graphics by. Not on IGN, they ain't.

-When I said the camo was pixelated, I didn't mean the ACU pattern itself, I meant that the texture was muddy and not nearly sharp enough to look like real digicam. You persist in ignoring everything I say if it's convenient, don't you?

-That was quite the mature comment. :thumbsup:

-Screenshots always look bad? Which sites do you frequent? :hmm:

Played GRAW SP some last night. Something that I really don't care for in that and in these videos is the excessive vapor trails from the bullets. I don't mind tracers, but this is different. It's like The Matrix and it's waaay overdone. I do think it's important to see something, but not like that. I do wish they'd tone that down a lot.

Looking forward to MP info and some high res footage of that.

So who thinks my idea of a truly blind seige will be a part of it? (ok, probably not) :(

Still defending flares, or more realistic objectives?

Edited by Raw Kryptonite

-"High res" videos aren't anything to judge a game's graphics by. Not on IGN, they ain't.

-When I said the camo was pixelated, I didn't mean the ACU pattern itself, I meant that the texture was muddy and not nearly sharp enough to look like real digicam. You persist in ignoring everything I say if it's convenient, don't you?

-That was quite the mature comment. :thumbsup:

-Screenshots always look bad? Which sites do you frequent? :hmm:

* You are the one commenting on how bad it looked. So what you say here makes no sense. I looked at the "high res" video and am eagerly awaiting the finished game.

* I'm not the only one that misinterpretted your comment so maybe yu need to explain yourself a little better when you post.

"You persist in ignoring everything I say if it's convenient, don't you?" <<< slightly reterded moment. We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

* see last comment :thumbsup:;)

* Unless it is a high res capture, or render, screenshots tend to be lores and show jaggies. Movies tend to look "smoother."

I frequent teamxbox, gamespot, ign, etc. etc. etc. Are you almost finished writing that book about me?

* You are the one commenting on how bad it looked. So what you say here makes no sense. I looked at the "high res" video and am eagerly awaiting the finished game.

* I'm not the only one that misinterpretted your comment so maybe yu need to explain yourself a little better when you post.

"You persist in ignoring everything I say if it's convenient, don't you?" <<< slightly reterded moment. We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

* see last comment :thumbsup:;)

* Unless it is a high res capture, or render, screenshots tend to be lores and show jaggies. Movies tend to look "smoother."

I frequent teamxbox, gamespot, ign, etc. etc. etc. Are you almost finished writing that book about me?

-I didn't judge the graphics by the video. If you can show me where I said that, I'd be much obliged.

-No, you aren't the only one. Right after the first misinterpretation, I clarified. Obviously, you ignored said clarification.

-"Slightly reterded moment." That speaks for itself. ;)

-The only game that I saw IGN put low-res screenshots up for wars Gears of War. The rest is sharp.

-It's not a book about you, per se. It's a compilation of everyone that ever attacked my vastly superior IQ (that was sarcasm right there, in case you didn't know).

Anyway, I'll leave you the last rebuttal, and then we'll let the thread get back on topic... or die. The latter is most likely.