Movies not to watch before going to sleep

WytchDokta

Movies not to watch before going to sleep.

Seriously, there are some scary movies you shouldn't watch before you go to sleep. If ya watch 'em before ya go to sleep, strange things can happen in your dreams....

I just watched "The Mummy" (DVD) for the second time. I know it's a bit old now, but I'm just about to go to sleep, and already I can imagine those scarabs being oustside the door, and wierd people chanting "Imhotep"....Or maybe I'm just going mad? :wacko:

Seriously man, ya can get messed up dreams, even nightmare's. "Dog Soldiers" is another one you shouldn't watch before going to sleep. Oh yeah, always put the light on. Bad things happen in the dark....

I'll get nightmare's now. Nightmare? Huh? That's me innit?

Ok, I'll shut up now.

<me>Looks cautiously around the room incase The Mummy is in the corner :unsure: </me>

Edited by -[NCM]- .:Nightmare:.

...okay...I always thought that the mummy was more of a comedy, but the only movies like that that I can think of are A)Pet Semetary(that sister with the screwed up back was just...disturbing) and B)The Exorcist.

or "How to lose a guy in 10 days"....'aaaaAAAGH! NOOOOOO ITS JUST TOO TERRIBLY MADE!!!AAAAAaaAAAGHHH!!!"

Corky Ramano LMFAO! That movie is a funny as heck. See that guy pulling up in his car singing all high and fruity hahaha. On SNL hes a lot funnier though. People always tell me the Ring was scary but after I watched it it was only gross in a couple parts not really scary.

People always tell me the Ring was scary but after I watched it it was only gross in a couple parts not really scary.

People that aren't scared by really scary movies...well, they scare me!! :o Seriously tho i found that movie to be pretty intense, i don't think a movie needs to be really gory to be scary.

Dreamcatcher on the other hand was so rediculously bad it was funny not scary. I think Stephen King has lost whatever gift he had for writing scary stories.

House of 1000 Corpses is supposed to be pretty good. Buddy's driving back down to Indy to see it again (3 hrs one-way)

King's rehashing his old work...

Four childhood friends(Stand By Me) with psychic powers(Carrie, The Shining), from Derry ME(It, Insomnia) battle aliens(The Langoliers) and a killer virus(The Stand). Can't forget the comatose man(The Dead Zone) and the developmentally-challenged-yet-has-amazing-powers kid (The Regulators)

Book makes for 12 hours of decent reading, if you don't take it too seriously.

Good lord, the guy's wrote 30-odd books. He had to burn out sometime

Well I havent seen a movie that really scared me, more like made me kinda paranoid.

But I do have to say this, the movie Signs for some strange reason made me very paranoid.It wasnt scary, it was just something about it that really disturbed me.I thought it was a pretty funny movie, but even now as Im typing this it is still making me paranoid and second guessing everthing. :lol:Damn You M.Night Shamalian! Damn You to BlockBuster Video Bin Hell!!

actually, now that I think of it no movie needs that kind of damnation,its reserved for the "I know what you did last summer" movies and the "Scream" movies :P

:wacko:

I thought the Ring was pretty creepy... I also thought the Blair Witch Project was good too.

Check out "Event Horizon". Its a Sci-Fi about a spaceship that gets lost in Hell for 50 years, then returns with really really scary stuff.

The movie that freaked me out was "When a stranger calls" (1979) OMG just thinking about it give me the chills......"Have You Checked The Children?"......If you have not seen this check it out.

Plot Summary

High school student Jill Johnson is traumatized over an evening of babysitting by a caller who repeatedly asks, "Have you checked the children lately?" After notifying the police, Jill is told that the calls are coming from inside the house...