Random Sniper Positions?

Hawseman

That would be really cool, but the only thing, you need an AI graph on the roof so them to patrol and move from corner to corner. Its really hard to connect the AI graph from the ground level to the roof top of a building. At least the snipers duck up and down...lol

Ministry-ASN

What about the random spawn feature? Put 4 different snipers around on rooftops and from there just have it so one of the four spawn at random when triggered. I haven't placed any AI nodes on the rooftops on my maps and never have a problem with them doing that.

What about the random spawn feature? Put 4 different snipers around on rooftops and from there just have it so one of the four spawn at random when triggered. I haven't placed any AI nodes on the rooftops on my maps and never have a problem with them doing that.

Dat's what I'm talkin' bout...Using the random script sample from the tut's. For each sniper, give him 4 or so places he may appear. You could also have him NOT appear as one of the options. After playing the map a few times with a sniper in an area, not having the sniper, will drive the ghosts nuts (love that feeling). Having 2 random snipers in an area will prevent players from "remembering" the posible locations. The more you have, the hairier it gets. This virtually makes the replay value unlimited. Add a few ground troops the same way, and BAM!, endless replay value.