Calle De Misericordia Feedback

Ministry

This is a really awsome map,

I really like the detail in what this person put into it. The guys move and patrol and evrything.

It looks great and a great co-op one life mission.

I would only like to see the turrets working and a bit more placed snipers.

I was just wondering if this person used random spawn points?

Plus who made this map.....2 thumbs up bra.....nicely done......love it.....

Would like to see more maps from this person.....

Ministry-ASN

Yeah, most excellent map....

I wouldn't change a thing on this puppy. There are plenty of lone-wolf tangos tucked in the nooks and crannies to keep your azz puckered up tightly.

If you could randomize spawn positions of snipers later in the map, I'd be all for it. "Misericordia" is laid out so well, it feels as though the enemy is scrambling to defend the ghosts' advances. One of my favs, so far.

Wow. Glad you liked it. Can you believe it is my first mod map... ever? w00t

There were things that bothered me about other maps like suddenly spawning too many enemies that the game slowed right down. Other maps you have to run so far after you are killed that it was annoying. This is especially true if you are trying to locate a sniper and get killed several times over. So, I decided to do one myself.

If I could give any other modders some recommendations, it is simply this: PLAN YOUR MISSION. Have a concept for the scenario, such as the one I used of removing roadblocks. Then you have to plan the route the players will take, and plan the counter offensive of the enemy. The next point is to make the map look "lived in". This is why my map has lots of trees and plants. Note that plants grow at the edge of where people usually walk, so they must be near the edges. This, in turn, makes it more difficult to peer around the corners to see. The enemy troops have been drinking and eating while at duty stations, so their cans and food trash are tossed into a nearby location that will collect a lot of garbage.

I am working on another map, but I need to learn more about the scripting capabilities. I am trying to find a way to make the map adaptable to the number of players in the map. Thus, a single player might only encounter 30 enemies while 12 players might encounter 120. I don't know if this can be done. Maybe GRIN can add it to a future update.

John

Highly enjoyable. Hope you don't stop at this one.

Is there away to set a trigger point to activate a new respawn point deeper into large maps that you know of?

Cisco kid of the \/\/idow/\/\akers

(aka) Bugsplatter

Not that I know of. I am trying different things to see what the scripting can do, but I don't think you can do that. I have a concept for a fighting retreat and I would need this capability, but I have not seen any commands to do it.

John

Wow. Glad you liked it. Can you believe it is my first mod map... ever? w00t

Then you've done an excellent job. Congratulations.

Other maps you have to run so far after you are killed that it was annoying. This is especially true if you are trying to locate a sniper and get killed several times over.
We don't have that problem. When we die we're dead and get to wait for the next round.

• 5 weeks later...