Health Regeneration in GRAW

Hey Ghost Recon fans!

I would like to put forward a suggestion for a GRAW PC mod based on some kind of health regenreation like in the Xbox version. A slow health regeneration would make the singleplayer campaign more enjoyable and less repetitive. :thumbsup:

Has anyone done this already or thought of it? :huh:

I seriously think GRAW PC should have had this feature built in from the start like the Xbox version on easy difficulty. Which would be good for the armchair warriors out there like myself who just want to play the game for fun value. Hey does anyone know if GRAW2 will have a quicksave feature? If they don't put one in I am not buying the game! :wall:

Edited by TheVipersFang

I loathe that feature and unless it's optional would fight it to the death! Completely destroys any sense of immersion because it's simply not plausible. Even tying it to difficulty levels is too much imo since I might want to avoid regenerating health without facing omniscient, omnipotent enemies.

Quicksaves or better spaced checkpoints would be far more acceptable for this gamer.

Edited by Pritzl

Absolutely HATE the idea. I despised it in Call of Duty 2 and Rainbow Six Vegas. It needs to stay with Halo. Then again, the series is headed towards the action shooter instead of staying in the tactical shooter genre.

Sorry mate, but it just doesn't feel right.

Health regeneration.. it´s strange even with default GRAW to look at the game as "Ghost Recon".. with health regeneration it would even more show that they only used the name for marketing reasons.

TheVipersFang, maybe you should get this thread put in the modding forum as a mod request? I´m sure if any modder would like this too, they might make one :)

Hey Ghost Recon fans!

I would like to put forward a suggestion for a GRAW PC mod based on some kind of health regenreation like in the Xbox version. A slow health regeneration would make the singleplayer campaign more enjoyable and less repetitive. :thumbsup:

Has anyone done this already or thought of it? :huh:

I seriously think GRAW PC should have had this feature built in from the start like the Xbox version on easy difficulty. Which would be good for the armchair warriors out there like myself who just want to play the game for fun value. Hey does anyone know if GRAW2 will have a quicksave feature? If they don't put one in I am not buying the game! :wall:

And we can have the Ghosts fight hordes of zombie UAC workers and Demons, too! And at the bottom of the screen we'll have a little picture of your ghost's face that gets more mangled as he loses his health, instead of the standard health-o-meter!

Oh, and those magical medpacks! Gotta have those! And chainsaws!

No offense, man, but that's where it sounds like you're going. And if that's how the XboX360 version worked out, then I suddenly feel ZERO freekin' envy for the consoles. THAT isn't the game I want. The folks here who complain loudly about what GRAW wasn't tend in general to agree. After all, if you're out in the heat wearing that frag vest, helmet, ammo and all, running from position to position under direct fire, and you take a bullet and have to continue the mission (assuming that bullet didn't do what they usually do and take you directly to jail without passing GO or collecting your 200 hit points), is YOUR health going to improve without prompt attention from, say, a TRAUMA SURGEON?

No, I'll not be dusting off my DooM3 disc anytime soon...

:blush: WOW TALK ABOUT BEING SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES!

I can understand and see your point here guys. This was originally just a suggestion out of exhasperation from recently having to redo a certain engagement 100 times in a row...

I still say quicksaves, GRAW2 better have them and that medic I read about some where!

...health regenreation...

I seriously think GRAW PC should have had this feature built in from the start

I seriously think it can do without....but that's just my opinion.

I doubt anyone will be able to make a mod capable of regenerating your health though.

You might want to wait for GRAW2....it has a new character: a medic, able to patch people up.

How about a player learning by his/her mistakes through progressively tougher missions? [GR] had that. GRAW has that. As noted above, the whole reloading with full health thing even bites. If I was darned near dead when my progress was saved, then when I load that save point again I should still be darned near dead. Instead, when I reach a save point I can just ESC out and load the save that was just created, and any health woes I have are now relieved. ALMOST like having a medic along, except the healing process is instant. Kinda like someone chucking a med pack at you in BF2. Doesn't even warrant some healing animation.

My perfect world here is one where shockingly few others would feel comfortable, I'm sure. But it shares plenty of common ideals with a lot of other players around here, and that's just gonna have to be good enough...

For me, anyhow...

You know what's funny? I guarantee you that given the ruckus raised over the checkpoint system, GRiN would have been burnt at the stake if they had dared to not replenish a player's health at these checkpoints. I know I would have been livid to go through 10+ minutes of ground I've already covered with only enough health to withstand the enemy breathing on me.

Sadly, I do not agree. If I'm weak enough in my skills to get shot a few times, then it's a burden I get to carry throughout the mission. Coming back to the NEXT mission all healed-up makes SOME sense. [GR] had it right where a soldier wounded in one mission is still hurt for the next one. But again, that sort of attempt at realism isn't everyone's cup of tea. Got it.

Still, having obstacles like poor health resulting of poor play or decision-making earlier on in the mission only forces players to learn and improve. Otherwise, I'm just paying 2 gold pieces for a health potion to have along when I go to slay the big dragon. Where is <AFK>Leeroy when you need him?

i think the regeneration in graw was inefitable (how do you spell that word ??)

in [GR] we had like 20 guys to take along for the ride, when one was injured or killed then there were 19 left

here we only have mitch mitchell who is a better drummer than a squad capt.

james brown we can not get into, james T kirk_land you don't want to play cause he can't reload properly, and woody allen comes along for the ride with his .50, which we do not have to use....

but where is the rest ??

if we had the other members like hidden in the filestructure then maybe the regeneration would not have been there.....

hint hint...

Valid observation Sui. Bottom line is that GRAW, as it stands, would have been a worse game with no health restoration after loading a checkpoint.

Either more ghosts with the ability to soul-swap or quicksaves would have been necessary to make that a viable option and I despise the soul-jumping of [GR].

or like [GR], when wounded you can not play the caracter,

and a new would come in, or play him with the wounds he got the last time, your choice.

when teammates were wounded you could swap them for healty ones or play them till death do us part.

regeneration is not always needed, a penalty for careless behaviour should be in the game. and that is there but not enough for the hard(liners/core) players

this felt like a mid term option, satisfy all in the middle...

and now the game has been played people will ask for more or less

i have no real opinion on the matter, just that there should be options for this. like TL dies in coop which infact is more toward the hardliner

as a team based game yet missed the mark because you could not chose who would be TL the host always was..

they should put that in MP games,

when squad leader dies you won't see your team mates on the mini map... :P that would mess things up :D

Well, why not just play an improvised "simulation" mode for hardcore fans: If you die, start over from the beginning.

I understand in the case of a "simulation" a checkpoint system might be convenient if you have to leave your computer to do something important like beat your wife or pay the stripper, but other than that, it's a good solution!

I concur. We call it DiD (Dead-is-Dead) in the simulation world and it can really change your approach to the game. Last DiD tournament I was in you had only one life per 90 minute mission. Die and it was goodbye till the next mission. The quality of the flying and teamwork was simply outstanding as a result. People really cared about surviving and the paranoia rose to incredible levels.

I hate the idea, but, if its easy to implement I'm happy for it to be an option for those who want it.

I honestly think if they are going to do that (or have instant healing 'medpacks'), they need to set the game 200 years or so forward.

150 years from now, on the surface of MARS, the Ghosts square off with the denizens of HELL...

OK, all smartypantsing aside, I can at lesat see it as an option for single player campaign. Maybe part of the 'EASY' difficulty settings. Something like that. Sure. But if I were given the option to turn something like that off, rest assured I'd exercise the option.