Recon Mod on new maps

Colin

I and a few others have played on many of the new maps that have come out over the last six months.

Some have been highly enjoyable, but some have just been a waste of time.

The good things.

Being able to comlete mission with no casualties.

Have a varied route to objective with out any bottlenecks.

To be allowed to work as a team in clearing each section of your mission route.

The Bad things that make good game play impossable.

The AI in GRAW are very good at there job, they dont need a lot of help.

Placement of AI.

Behind objects that you cant see through but they can.

Spawning in an area you have cleared already.

[GR] missions need to be able to be completed without casualties, this is the whole point.

If the route is just to hard to complete the enjoyment just dies.

There is no better feeling than completing a mission with 0 or near 0 casualties on a brand new map.

So in closing Please let us have the option of completing a recon mission that is ejoyable and lots of fun, not frustrating and a waste of time.

This advice if taken will prolong our enjoyment of your maps and missions, and we will come back for more every time, a release is announced.

With Respect.

C.

Good post Colin, could not agree more!

The recon element of gameplay is not being utilized in the majority of the released maps. By design.

It would be nice if some of the modders took a second look at how GRIN scripted the ORG Co-Op and if they do intend on amping up the challenge, to do it by a factor of 2 or 3, not 10.

A bundle does not reside long in my custom_levels folder if a tango spawns beside me in a secured area. But I quess that just proves (according to some) that I am faint of heart.

Not discounting the effort though!

Exactly why I stopped downloading custom maps for the most part and just make my own lone wolf style maps. I absolutely hate having to gun down 50+ guns, much less 200 on some maps. Give me 20-30 intelligent AI on a map and I'm happy.

I also find it somewhat ironic that people cry out for more realism yet the most popular maps are the types where it's a given you'll have to respawn.

Edited by Nutlink

I and a few others have played on many of the new maps that have come out over the last six months.

Some have been highly enjoyable, but some have just been a waste of time.

The good things.

Being able to comlete mission with no casualties.

Have a varied route to objective with out any bottlenecks.

To be allowed to work as a team in clearing each section of your mission route.

The Bad things that make good game play impossable.

The AI in GRAW are very good at there job, they dont need a lot of help.

Placement of AI.

Behind objects that you cant see through but they can.

Spawning in an area you have cleared already.

[GR] missions need to be able to be completed without casualties, this is the whole point.

If the route is just to hard to complete the enjoyment just dies.

There is no better feeling than completing a mission with 0 or near 0 casualties on a brand new map.

So in closing Please let us have the option of completing a recon mission that is ejoyable and lots of fun, not frustrating and a waste of time.

This advice if taken will prolong our enjoyment of your maps and missions, and we will come back for more every time, a release is announced.

With Respect.

C.

Yeah you are right some missions are to difficult to beat with no respawn and its more frustrating than fun.

I have deleted those maps who ###### me off and keep the ''fair''maps.

Maybe its a reason that noone is playing that game...

When I try a new map I always try to make to the end and sometimes you never see the end impossible to win a game in 30 min and I die tooooooo much.

Mitchell is so weak 1 shot and is dead compare to the campaign SP missions where he can take more bullets and survive longer.

And one thing that I don't like in [GR] coop is the chat box....like there's no kill confirm and no voice sound at all but in GRAW coop there is voice sound when you play with the AI and you can give orders to your team which you can't in [GR]

GRAW coop campaign was really good and fun to do [GR] is an experience control by the modders.

WHO WILL FINISHED THIS GAME?

I actually like the lack of a text confirmation of a kill. I wish it was an option for adversial modes. The main problems with coop as a I see it are 1) AI is too smart (ie cheap) for its own good. 120m away and they can spot you peeking around a corner in the dark. Crappy. 2) Objectives - they weren't built in from the start for [GR] Coop. This sucks, especially since it's bugged for custom maps anyway. 3) Teamwork. There is no way to signal anything to your team, from support request to enemy spotted. Too often I'll spot a tango and not have a clear shot only to see a team mate run around the corner and get gunned down because I can't tell them before they get tore up. Fix these things and [GR] Coop would be fantastic.